biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

• Room

Format: HardcoverChange

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on October 19, 2015
Found their daily description of their daily life too tediousThe boy's coping with the outside was interesting.The mother's suicide was a complete surprise to me.
on November 5, 2015
This was the most disappointing book I have ever read. I actually returned my copy, something I have never done before.
on April 21, 2015
Difficulty understanding
on March 9, 2011
I,like many others, bought this book on the strength of the reviews. I heard the author interviewed and the premise sounded promising. Unfortunately the book did not work for me. I did not buy into the the five year old's perspective. Far too many inconsistentcies in how his perception was presented. Further, I didn't find the reactions of either the boy or the mother believable, there was little or no dramatic tension. The escape and the suicide attempt both left me flat. I won't comment on the breast feeding because I've seen that many others have already. In the end I gave up with only about 20 pages to go. Why? Because I found that I didn't really care what happened I just wanted to be done. Wish it could have lived up to the hype but not even close.
0Comment5 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2011
This book was cleverly written, I understand how some readers thought it a good book to read, but I did not like the subject matter and and found it easy to put down.
0Comment2 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2011
It's a great book and smoothly written... but not for everyone. I am claustrophobic and could not handle the constant feeling that as the little boy grew, the walls were closing in. It is one of the few books I have not finished reading, but I passed it to someone who is enthusiastic to read it... I hope others will still read it.
0Comment2 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse