5.0 out of 5 stars Middle Age Spread - Living in The Country at 50 - Sonia Day
I absolutely loved this book, and was a little sad when it was over. Great read. Very funny, and Sonia has a great sense of humor. I highly recommend this book! If you've ever romantically though about giving it all up, and moving to the country, you have to read this book first!

Peter S.
Published on Oct. 1 2009 by Peter Somerville

3.0 out of 5 stars A fun read for quiet evenings
Published on Oct. 15 2009 by Sharon Clements

3.0 out of 5 stars A fun read for quiet evenings, Oct. 15 2009
Sharon Clements (Kitchener, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Middle Aged Spread: Moving to the Country at 50 (Hardcover)
Having recently fallen in love with an older home in the country,and feeling that the houses in this cottage community actually picked their owners - I lived through every episode of this adventure. The author delightfully captures the essence of acquiring an older home, the heart-warming differences betweeen the city and the country, the joy of taking a risk in life when "others" say this is the time to play it safe and the captivating journey of meeting neighbours in the country who challenge your values and extend an open invitation to open your mind to other values and expectations. A fun read to unwind at the end of a day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Middle Age Spread - Living in The Country at 50 - Sonia Day, Oct. 1 2009

Peter S.

5.0 out of 5 stars great pleasure !!!, March 9 2010
Robert Talbot (Québec, Québec) - See all my reviews
A discover for me,brillant author just like Peter Mayle but the action is here in Canada.

A great delight.Give me more...

4.0 out of 5 stars Middle-Aged Spread, Feb. 17 2010
I purchased this book as I am now in my 50's and moving to the country was something that appeals to me.
This book is written in such a way as to enlighten you as to all that the country is once you move there, including your possible neighbours and new friends, but is also funny and realistic at the same time.
I thoroughly enjoyed it and her writing style.
If you are thinking of moving to a rural area I would recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sarcastic humour and stereotypical prejudices, June 3 2010
Judy McMullan (Waterloo, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
I received this book as a gift and thought it would be an interesting read, as I live in the same area. While I can't fault Sonia Day as a writer, I found her biting observations were sometimes cruel. Her observations and experiences of the country were similar to my own so I would say her stories are true to life. However, she seems to have come to the country with a pile of stereotypical prejudices. Then, she is amazed when her neighbours don't fall into these stereotypes. I couldn't get past being annoyed at her superior attitude to her country neighbours, which lasted for most of the book. I think this book would be most enjoyable for those who DON'T live in the country.

Middle Aged Spread: Moving to the Country at 50
Middle Aged Spread: Moving to the Country at 50 by Sonia Day (Hardcover - Aug. 15 2009)
Used & New from: CDN$ 17.51