5.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner, July 14 2011
This review is from: Reluctant Dead: A Quin and Morgan Mystery (Paperback)
Reluctant Dead is the third book in the Quin and Morgan mystery series, and another darn good read from John Moss. He sent Quin to Easter Island and David Morgan to Baffin Island and I wondered how the storylines could possibly intersect, meld and be resolved. But they do, and beautifully. Here is a satisfactorily complex plot peppered with adventure and intrigue in exotic locales that culminates in a scene that brings the two protagonists closer together, so to speak. Both Miranda and David almost become victims themselves of an extremely imaginative killer and the climax is both suspenseful and humorous. These two make a good team and I expect we'll be reading more about them. At least, I hope so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully crafted synchronicity, Aug. 23 2011
Beatrice Winny (Guelph, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reluctant Dead: A Quin and Morgan Mystery (Paperback)
Quin and Morgan are back at solving murders (yes, more than one!), only this time they do it from exotic locations like Easter Island and the Arctic. Reluctant Dead is a fast-paced mystery which unravels many unexpected twists with the kind of thrills and nail-biting terror that I've come to expect from Moss' narrative. I loved the way in which he placed his characters in completely different parts of the world, and yet wove their stories together in a beautifully crafted, complex and perfectly synchronous pattern. Events unfold at an exciting pace, which kept me interested from cover to cover. This third installment of Miranda Quin and David Morgan mysteries is the best yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Mystery Series!, July 18 2011
This review is from: Reluctant Dead: A Quin and Morgan Mystery (Paperback)
I'm so glad there is a third Quin and Morgan mystery out from John Moss. I didn't realize until I began reading it how much I missed spending time with these two detectives. I really love their relationship with one another. I read an online interview with Moss and the interviewer referred to them as being like Scully and Mulder, but I think they are even better. More quirky humour, more close a bond. Anyway, this is a the best yet. I love the way they get out of the 'problem' they encounter at the end! I stayed up way too late to get it finished. More please.

Reluctant Dead: A Quin and Morgan Mystery
Reluctant Dead: A Quin and Morgan Mystery by John Moss (Paperback - May 25 2011)
CDN$ 11.99 CDN$ 10.82