march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage scflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 16, 2011
We've discovered how many extraordinary Canadian women whose stories have never been told or just briefly sketched in Forster's first book, "100 Canadian Heroines." Now comes the second volume of another amazing battalion of Canadian women whom the author has discovered through her own travels and thorough research. It saddens me to think I lived among the spirits of these amazing women for so long, never knowing how they had blazed a trail for me--from Edmonton's first Canadian architext, Esther Hill, to Clara Brett Martin who dared to be our first female lawyer when women weren't yet allowed to sit in provincial or federal legislatures. Thank you to those women and to Ms. Forster.

Virginia Watson-Rouslin
Writer and Publicist
on October 30, 2011
Ms. Forster has gone to an incredible effort to unearth stories about fascinating Canadian women. I am awed by all these famous and forgotten women. Life as we know it today would be much different without them. They are an inspiration to every modern woman in Canada today. Even though I had never heard of many of the women, what they accomplished kept me wanting to keep reading. This book is very well written and exciting to read. The unique photos add meaning to each heroine.
on November 26, 2011
Ms Forster has enlightened us again. 100 more Canadian Heroines and it first companion must be included into the libraries of anyone who is a lover of Canadian History. Anyone who thinks Canadian History is dull must read these two books as they will definitely change their view on Canada and the women who help make it.
on October 26, 2011
Ms. Forster has given us another look at amazing Canadian women and their accomplishments. The stories highlight the diversity of knowledge and experience that women have and how they have changed our history and influenced our future. Surely this book should be given to every young woman (and man!) who aspire to make a difference in our world. It is inspirational.