‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It helped me heal, Aug. 9 2002
This review is from: Empty Cradle (Paperback)
I loved this book! Even though I cried through much of it, it served a useful purpose. After never wanting to have children, I had a revelation that I needed to experience the joys of motherhood. I recently had a miscarriage with my first and much wanted pregnancy. I was a mess. This book helped me get over some of the loss I felt. I still feel sad often but realize that I'm not supposed to "Just get over it, already!" The book was honest, sad, hopeful, real, and made me totally feel like I was not alone in my grief. I am hopeful and anxious to finish this book by reading the chapters about trying again, coping with a subsequent pregnancy and birth, and the other chapters I know one day I will read when I feel ready to embark on the scary but exciting journey of pregnancy. I also feel compelled to share this with anyone who has gone through the death of a child. Thank you Deborah Davis, Ph.D. for the gift of this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book on loss, Feb. 2 2002
This review is from: Empty Cradle (Paperback)
I have ordered many of the books on the loss of a baby and this is one of my favorites. I like its format and all the topics that it covers. It offers many examples of others who have gone through a loss, too, which helped me to feel less alone. Most of my questions were answered and she dealt with so many things I was feeling. I would recommend this to anyone who has suffered a loss or anyone who knows someone who has.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Bereavement Resource I Found, Nov. 23 2001
Barb Archambault (Fulton, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Empty Cradle (Paperback)
I read many books after we lost our son Vincent 10/6/01. Empty Cradle, Broken Heart was by far the most helpful. Deborah Davis truly understands the parents feeling of total despair. Empty Cradle, Broken Heart helps you understand that you are NOT going crazy --- what you are feeling is totally normal! Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book that I've read, Dec 23 2001
This review is from: Empty Cradle (Paperback)
Out of the dozens of books I read after losing my daughter prematurely, this was the one book that i couldn't put down till it was finished. It was so helpful to me and to my husband. It was nice reading other people's experiences too. I found this book so helpful that i will be donating copies to the hospital where our daughter was born so other grieving parents can have a copy of their own. It's a wonderful book...

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, April 27 2001
This review is from: Empty Cradle (Paperback)
This is one of the best books out there on pregnancy/infant loss. It covers the spectrum of issues including difficult decisions and an EXCELLENT chapter on subsequent pregnancy. Dr. Davis is a bereaved parent herself with extensive experience working with grieving families. Her heart and her expertise is in this book. It's definitely worth your time and your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars "You are not alone", March 4 2001
This review is from: Empty Cradle (Paperback)
Deborah Davis is truly helping parents to express and understand the emotions and turmoil of losing a child. It is very comforting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Written for the heart of the bereaved parent, June 25 2000
This review is from: Empty Cradle (Paperback)
Deborah Davis did something for me that I needed...she validated my feelings about the entire ordeal my husband and I have gone through. We made the agonizing decision to induce labor to end the pregnancy after our baby was diagnosed with a terminal birth defect. I have been feeling guilt, anger, jealousy, despair, and fear about the future. Deborah Davis touches on all these issues in this book. Interjected throughout are personal testimonies from other parents who have gone through a loss, so it helps to know others have experienced the same feelings. The author also validates the fact that a loss is a loss, no matter if the baby died before birth or after. This is SO important for the reader to be told, I know it was for me.
Nothing will bring back my baby, but this book has helped me throughout my grieving and healing process. I was hesitant about which book(s) to read, but now I know that I won't need to read anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reading for grieving parents!, March 30 2000
Jen Mountney (New Lowell, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Empty Cradle (Paperback)
Empty Cradle, Broken Heart is an excellent resource for bereaved parents. Debra Davis takes parents step by step through the grieving process and helps them to realize that they are not alone in their pain. Reading Empty Cradle, Broken Heart helped me to recognize that my feelings were not strange and that it is okay to grieve for my daughter in my own way and in my own time. Chapters include: grieving and emotional recovery, painful feelings, affirming your baby, you and your partner, your family, and support networks. Debra encourages parents to realize that they did the best that they could for their baby. When you feel that no one understands the pain you are going through, read this book, it helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was a great comfort, Jan. 20 2000
This review is from: Empty Cradle (Paperback)
I started to read this book because I couldnt find comfort in anything. My husband had accepted our loss but I wasnt ready. This book helped me understand how I was feeling and kept me sane. It felt so good knowing that I was not crazy and that this will take some time to get through. The paragraphs of personal comments were outstanding. I recommend this book to everyone who has lost their angel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your not alone, Nov. 5 1999
This review is from: Empty Cradle (Paperback)
I lost my son tp stillbirth in April . I just now am coming to terms with my loss .After reading this book I was glad to know all the things I felt other famlies felt that way. I was not alone.Thank You is not enough after reading this book . It's the hug the book gives.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Empty Cradle
Empty Cradle by Deborah L. Davis (Paperback - Feb. 13 1996)
CDN$ 21.95 CDN$ 15.85