5.0 out of 5 stars best metaphysical guide yet., July 23 2008
Ce commentaire est de: The Book of Stones: Who They Are and What They Teach (Paperback)
THis is my favorite crystal book as it has two interpretations of each stone - one by Naisha and one by Robert. Naisha offers spiritual emotional and physical aspects of each stone, which I appreciate. For those looking to learn of the metap[hysical and healing aspects of the stones, as well as compatibility between stones, this is the best I've seen so far. The only limitation for me is that not enough stones are covered in it! As an adjunct book, I also own melody 's crystal book which covers many more stones than found here. However, Melody's book has no pictures for reference which limits its usefulness in my world and I often don't resonate with her interpretations of the stones ( just as I prefer some astrologer's interpretations of charts or aspects). I also find she repeats qualities such that they lose significance. E.g. she says way too often that "this stone was used in breastplates of high priestesses" but doesnt tell you for what purpose. I trust Naisha's interpretations much more.
So the downside of this book is that it does not cover some stones that I wish it did, or go into enough detail to help me - for eg. not all jaspers are included and subvariations on some stones are not included , such as lemon chrysocolla or green apatite. Some stones and their variastions are well covered ( jade for eg). So I look forward to another volume covering more stones... because no other book seems to have such great pictures and great interpretations. Sometimes the stones I want to learn about are ( which are not in the book of stones) I do find are covered in the crystal bible but I find the pictures in the C.B are often way off colorwise... and the stones I have look nothing like whats in the book.
For me the book I am hunting for now is one that includes the images of the geodes AND the polished or cut stones.

5.0 out of 5 stars A scrumptious feast for the eyes and mind!, Feb. 16 2006
C. Mcdermott (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
I was told that The Book of Stones took two years to develop and put into print; if that was the case, it was well worth the wait. This is a comprehensive and beautifully illustrated reference book that will quickly become invaluable to both hardcore and novice 'crystalites' alike. Co-authors Robert Simmons and Naisha Ahsian each contribute extensive information and include the metaphysical properties for every stone, allowing the reader to become fully acquainted with these wonderful treasures. I use it in conjunction with Melody's 'Love is in the Earth' and 'The Crystal Bible' by Judy Hall to capture even the most obscure gems. I highly recommend adding this book to your collection - you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Want to know about stones and there elements, then this is an intriguing book and a must to have in your collection, July 14 2013
Barbl - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
One of my greatest hobbies is collecting stones/gems of all shapes, colors and different sizes

some of these gems are truly spectacular. The colors in some of these gems are amazing and delving into this book of Stones will show you alot of the different colors.

It's truly amazing on how many different varieties you can get, you get to learn just how magical some of these stones are. There are some stones that help get rid of stress

Even though I do love all my stones and gems, I have to say the most intriguing is the "MOLDAVITE, which can cause massive, massive, massive holes when it lands on earth,the formation coincides with the crash of a large Metorite approximately 14.8 Million years ago.

[...]

[...]

(History of Moldavite and the destruction it can cause)

1like in GR

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 7 2014
Fabulous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Crystal Book, May 3 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Love this book... Great Pics and information on the stones in the book... Was well worth the money spent .. Would recommend it for all Crystal/Stone users..

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Feb. 10 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Love this awesome book, it has been very helpful determining more detailed information on each crystal. I love the different perspective of having both a male and female commenting on each stone giving their impressions as well. The pictures are gorgeous and help me with my visual mind. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good insights, Jan. 14 2014
Good spiritual & energy healing references. The writing is clear and easily understood. Good identification of each stones in picture and words.

5.0 out of 5 stars Natural stones from the earth!, April 8 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I would recommend this book to anyone that has an interest in rocks and crystals and learning about their healing properties and what earth element they are highly recommended for the rock lovers!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Treasure, Feb. 9 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This very complete guide will be useful for any gem enthusiast, but particularly someone who also wants to know the metaphysical properties of the stones. Along with the scientific properties of hardness, type of crystal formation, composition, location, etc, each crystal is described by two experienced people who have worked with the stones.
I reference my book frequently, often becoming absorbed in reading about a particular stone, then reading about others as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars The crystal book I reach for first., Jan. 31 2013
I've been into crystals for a long time (my first piece of rose quartz found me in grade 4) and have several books that help me know them more deeply and play with more delight.

This is the book I go to first for its clear format, photos, and supporting yet different perspectives by the authors. I highly suggest this addition to your library if you are even remotely interested in learning more about crystals, their properties, and how you can get the most out of your work with these generous expressions of nature.

The Book of Stones: Who They Are and What They Teach
The Book of Stones: Who They Are and What They Teach by Naisha Ahsian (Paperback - Sept. 4 2007)
CDN$ 37.95 CDN$ 23.79