5.0 out of 5 stars Super Book
This book changed my life and was fun to read right up to the last page. David is a great writer with some of the most up to date information on nutrition. This is recommended for anyone thats interested in having the best day ever!
Published 23 months ago by Evain Maurice

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting
I really should've heeded the other 2-star review before purchasing this book.

Published 15 months ago by Kevin Deluca

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Book, April 29 2012
This review is from: Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book!, Nov. 25 2011
I borrowed it from the library and enjoyed it so much, that I had to buy it for myself :) It explains all the benefits and the history of each superfood i such great detail. I often reference it when teaching a class!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, Aug. 8 2013
I love this book!
I recommend it for anyone serious about healing every disease they have!
It's recipes are easy to make and very tasty.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, Jan. 16 2013
Kevin Deluca "KDakota630" (London, ON) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I really should've heeded the other 2-star review before purchasing this book.

While I expected a book on "superfoods" based on the title, like the other 2-star review said, it only gets into 10 superfoods, with some honourable mentions as well. The problem is that I was expecting more traditional "superfoods", like sweet potato, quinoa, broccoli, ground flax or chia, etc. The 10 superfoods mentioned in the book are:

Goji berries, cacao, maca, bee products, spirulina, AFA blue-green algae, marine phytoplankton, aloe vera, hempseed, and coconuts.

He goes into a lot of detail about each one which is great, but seriously look at this list. If you're just starting out looking to improve your diet with some superfoods, this book is not going to be particularly helpful.

I also own SuperFoods HealthStyle which I wasn't totally thrilled with either, (I don't even know how I came to own it and recently found it in my basement) but it's a much better book on superfoods than this. I'd probably give that one 3 stars. I'm still looking for a good and comprehensive book on the subject.

If you're looking for a book on those particular 10 items, you probably won't be disappointed. If you're looking for a good reference guide on superfoods for beginners, this isn't it. To the author (if you ever happen to read this review), if you are so inclined, please write that book. I'm sure it would have a much wider audience than this one.

Updated February 1, 2014: Still looking for a great book on healthy foods? Check out "The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth: The Surprising, Unbiased Truth about What You Should Eat and Why" by Jonny Bowden. By far the BEST book I have found!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a superbook on superfoods, Dec 20 2013
Do yourself a favor and get that book right away. Superfoods are so essential, so important in our poor-quality products of today. There's tons of information that can only keep your health to a maximum. It's the type of knowledge that they should teach in schools. Get the book, you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best and most useful books ever!, July 28 2013
There are a lot of theories on nutrition out there and most of them are based on guessing at best, with appropriate so-so results. This is the first time I see a research that goes into such depth and is as comprehensive. David Wolfe explains everything with a totally different approach and his book was a great asset in regaining my health.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, June 30 2013
Very informative, I am growing a Goji berry tree as I type and it was super easy. :) Great buy for those who want to learn about healthy eats!

4.0 out of 5 stars Met and exceeded my expectations, April 11 2013
This book met and exceeded my expectations. Very informative and well researched. Would definitely recommend it if you are interested in learning more about super foods and about improving your health.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greenie!, March 7 2013
Peter & Dani (Vancouver Island, BC Can) - See all my reviews
This is a superb book! Very informative with a whole new way of understanding eating and being radiantly healthy. Definitely recommend this book to anyone who is striving to reclaim their life and well being!

5.0 out of 5 stars In the right direction, May 2 2010
David Wolfe is an inspiration to me. :)

I have not read any other (Superfood) books on this topic so I have nothing to play it against. But his research is thorough, and I have no doubt about it's usefulness. Even if at the very least as an introduction to the great world of self healing through foods, it's well owning. :)

ARRAY(0xb003b06c)

Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future
Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future by David Wolfe (Paperback - April 28 2009)
CDN$ 22.00 CDN$ 15.88