5.0 out of 5 stars In the right direction
David Wolfe is an inspiration to me. :)

I have not read any other (Superfood) books on this topic so I have nothing to play it against. But his research is thorough, and I have no doubt about it's usefulness. Even if at the very least as an introduction to the great world of self healing through foods, it's well owning. :)
Published on May 2 2010 by J. Turton

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting
I really should've heeded the other 2-star review before purchasing this book.

Published 21 months ago by KDakota630

5.0 out of 5 stars In the right direction, May 2 2010
This review is from: Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future (Paperback)
David Wolfe is an inspiration to me. :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, Jan. 16 2013
KDakota630 "KDakota630" (London, ON) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I really should've heeded the other 2-star review before purchasing this book.

While I expected a book on "superfoods" based on the title, like the other 2-star review said, it only gets into 10 superfoods, with some honourable mentions as well. The problem is that I was expecting more traditional "superfoods", like sweet potato, quinoa, broccoli, ground flax or chia, etc. The 10 superfoods mentioned in the book are:

Goji berries, cacao, maca, bee products, spirulina, AFA blue-green algae, marine phytoplankton, aloe vera, hempseed, and coconuts.

He goes into a lot of detail about each one which is great, but seriously look at this list. If you're just starting out looking to improve your diet with some superfoods, this book is not going to be particularly helpful.

I also own SuperFoods HealthStyle which I wasn't totally thrilled with either, (I don't even know how I came to own it and recently found it in my basement) but it's a much better book on superfoods than this. I'd probably give that one 3 stars. I'm still looking for a good and comprehensive book on the subject.

If you're looking for a book on those particular 10 items, you probably won't be disappointed. If you're looking for a good reference guide on superfoods for beginners, this isn't it. To the author (if you ever happen to read this review), if you are so inclined, please write that book. I'm sure it would have a much wider audience than this one.

Updated February 1, 2014: Still looking for a great book on healthy foods? Check out "The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth: The Surprising, Unbiased Truth about What You Should Eat and Why" by Jonny Bowden. By far the BEST book I have found!

4.0 out of 5 stars Educational, May 3 2014
drumsonly2002 (Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada) - See all my reviews
Tells you about superfoods. Why they are superfoods and other facts and things of interest. He put a lot of research into the material. If you wand details about superfoods read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, June 30 2013
Very informative, I am growing a Goji berry tree as I type and it was super easy. :) Great buy for those who want to learn about healthy eats!

4.0 out of 5 stars Met and exceeded my expectations, April 11 2013
This book met and exceeded my expectations. Very informative and well researched. Would definitely recommend it if you are interested in learning more about super foods and about improving your health.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greenie!, March 7 2013
Peter & Dani (Vancouver Island, BC Can) - See all my reviews
This is a superb book! Very informative with a whole new way of understanding eating and being radiantly healthy. Definitely recommend this book to anyone who is striving to reclaim their life and well being!

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, Sept. 21 2014
Livre très détaillé, le retour aux sources pour mieux vivre, tout se trouve au pied d'un arbre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Book, April 29 2012
This book changed my life and was fun to read right up to the last page. David is a great writer with some of the most up to date information on nutrition. This is recommended for anyone thats interested in having the best day ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book!, Nov. 25 2011
I borrowed it from the library and enjoyed it so much, that I had to buy it for myself :) It explains all the benefits and the history of each superfood i such great detail. I often reference it when teaching a class!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome buy!, Sept. 27 2014
Love it. I am ordering two more for family members! Thank you David Wolfe!!!

Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future
Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future by David Wolfe (Paperback - April 28 2009)
CDN$ 22.00 CDN$ 15.88