march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 29, 2015
I'm not finished yet, but this book I love. I've learned so much about the chemicals in foods and about how these chemicals are affecting us. The superfoods in this book helps give us choices and David describes there orgins and uses so well to help us lead the best health in our life :)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 16, 2013
I really should've heeded the other 2-star review before purchasing this book.

While I expected a book on "superfoods" based on the title, like the other 2-star review said, it only gets into 10 superfoods, with some honourable mentions as well. The problem is that I was expecting more traditional "superfoods", like sweet potato, quinoa, broccoli, ground flax or chia, etc. The 10 superfoods mentioned in the book are:

Goji berries, cacao, maca, bee products, spirulina, AFA blue-green algae, marine phytoplankton, aloe vera, hempseed, and coconuts.

He goes into a lot of detail about each one which is great, but seriously look at this list. If you're just starting out looking to improve your diet with some superfoods, this book is not going to be particularly helpful.

I also own SuperFoods HealthStyle which I wasn't totally thrilled with either, (I don't even know how I came to own it and recently found it in my basement) but it's a much better book on superfoods than this. I'd probably give that one 3 stars. I'm still looking for a good and comprehensive book on the subject.

If you're looking for a book on those particular 10 items, you probably won't be disappointed. If you're looking for a good reference guide on superfoods for beginners, this isn't it. To the author (if you ever happen to read this review), if you are so inclined, please write that book. I'm sure it would have a much wider audience than this one.

Updated February 1, 2014: Still looking for a great book on healthy foods? Check out "The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth: The Surprising, Unbiased Truth about What You Should Eat and Why" by Jonny Bowden. By far the BEST book I have found!
on March 5, 2016
Everything you need to know about super foods
on May 2, 2010
David Wolfe is an inspiration to me. :)

I have not read any other (Superfood) books on this topic so I have nothing to play it against. But his research is thorough, and I have no doubt about it's usefulness. Even if at the very least as an introduction to the great world of self healing through foods, it's well owning. :)
on April 29, 2012
This book changed my life and was fun to read right up to the last page. David is a great writer with some of the most up to date information on nutrition. This is recommended for anyone thats interested in having the best day ever!
on August 8, 2013
I love this book!
I recommend it for anyone serious about healing every disease they have!
It's recipes are easy to make and very tasty.
on January 29, 2016
great book. thanks/
on August 28, 2011
This is a really good read. I of course try to pass on this wealth of knowledge to my loved ones as I learn more. I did meet with some resistance about the information provided about the percentages contained in certain foods. My brother in law is a lab tech and mentioned that in order to get government approved results regarding the percentages of substances that a superfood contains is a very stringent process. I was wondering how David gets these results. I want more ammunition for our next conversation. Thank you . I love the book.
on September 3, 2014
cool
on July 28, 2013
There are a lot of theories on nutrition out there and most of them are based on guessing at best, with appropriate so-so results. This is the first time I see a research that goes into such depth and is as comprehensive. David Wolfe explains everything with a totally different approach and his book was a great asset in regaining my health.