march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 21, 2009
Let me just say that while the life of a rock-n-roll groupie isn't one I've ever aspired to, there is something about it that is so tantalzing that I had to read this book. And, boy, what a book it is! I'm With the Band is about being part of the band without playing an instrument or singing. It's about hanging out and waiting durning sound checks and it's about the all the other groupies who are dying to take your place. It's an eye-opening read, though one well worth it. Another good one: Take Your Shirt Off: A Novel of Hollywood.
on February 13, 2013
I had just finished reading "The Dirt" and wanted to read more books on the same topic - life behind the scenes with rock stars.
I found this book difficult to get through because it was like reading a dippy 12 year old girls diary, who had managed to "Forrest gumped" her way into meeting and being with some really amazing rock stars.
I realize at the beginning of the book she is quote young, but she never seems to mature throughout the book.
It is pretty bad that Motley Crue, with all they have put themselves through, wrote a better book then this
on January 20, 2016
could not have been more of a boring read....from cover to cover
the most interesting part of the book, was the index at the back..
on June 11, 2014
Ms. Des Barres has clearly had an interesting life, and it was interesting to hear about the musicians she was with and the atmosphere she lived in, but I felt like there was never a point that either went into extended detail so that you felt you were at the party, or a deep personal reflection. It felt quite surface, but I applaud her attempt at writing about positive female sexuality.
on May 10, 2013
Poor Pamela - an ordinary girl with a rather extraordinary past. Very interesting and sometimes shocking. I enjoyed every word.
on April 9, 2016
Great read and really interesting to hear stories of a time when freedom seemed a little different.
on December 29, 2015
Amazing story and what a wonderful experience!
on November 4, 2014
product as described and shipped quickly.
on June 7, 2015
I've never read this book before, but admitting and loving the fact that you're a groupie especially in this time period is something I can never understand, let alone a book about it. I did not grow up in the 1960's and don't even really understand what the culture and timing of it and how it all came together.
But, to each their own. I hold no grudge but I find it odd that this woman did this for a living which can never be a good thing if you are a feminist or believe in that. I had mixed feelings about the book and Pamela Des Barres but I did enjoy her stories, her escapades and the people she chose to surround herself with. Personally I would never do some of the things that she did, but it was kinda fun to read about it. The choice is yours, to either read this book or not.
on June 5, 2015