Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(3 star).Show all reviews
on April 11, 2004
This book was a HUGE disappointment. The beginning was GREAT. It was very descriptive and enjoyable. But, as the book neared the end, I was hugely disappointed. Mrs. Oke skipped some major parts toward the end. The ending was not at all satisfying and it didn't even fit the story. It was unexpected and not good, to my better judgment. I was VERY disappointed and strongly feel that this is DEFINITELY not Oke's best. The plot did not lead up to the ending...although I enjoy a bit of romance (that occurred in the ending), in this book, it did not seem to fit WHATSOEVER!! In conclusion, I feel this book deserves three stars, because, I didn't care for the ending and I didn't like the last 2 or 3 chapters of the seemed as though Oke got tired of writing it, therefore, it seemed as though she hurried to finished it, depriving us of details on key information.
on April 10, 2000
Definitely a slow starter, this one didn't grab me right from the beginning the way most Oke books do, but I was glad I stayed with Running Fawn until the story picked up. While far from the best in the series, _Drums of Change_ shows the huge gap between two cultures very well, as well as the confusion of a girl who is taken from one world and placed into the other. Without a doubt, there are some shining moments, but if you found it a little dragging, try another book from this series before you give up on Janette Oke.
on May 10, 1999
I love books by Janette Oke. This one was great. It had a really interesting storyline and taught you a lot of facts about history. I learned things I had never known that helped me in school. The book was not my favorite because it did get a little long. It then picked up a lot. I definitly recomend it!