5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Thumbs Up
When I saw that my 2 favorite authors had collaborated to write a novel, I knew I had to check it out...I was not disappointed!
Published on Aug. 1 1996

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of time!
Published on June 23 2003 by MAB

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of time!, June 23 2003
"Return to Harmony" was the worst Janette Oke I have read. I will never-ever read a collaboration novel that involves Oke and another author again. Both of their writings were too jumbled and did not flow well. I was able to figure out who wrote what, and you shouldn't be able to do that - both of the authors writings should mesh together in unison. I thought Bunn's writing overpowered Oke's. Since I focused so much on the techniques, I did not enjoy the plot one bit. I finished this book feeling unfulfilled. A huge disappointment - I do not recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Thumbs Up, Aug. 1 1996
By A Customer
Janette Oke's down-home, easy-to-relate-to characters combine with T. Davis Bunn's detailed, captivating descriptions and humor to keep the reader's attention throughout the narrative. It is obvious that both of these authors love to write, and although their styles and themes may somewhat differ, the combination in Return to Harmony made for enjoyable reading.
Thank you both for another terrific title to add to my Christian fiction library!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, June 24 1998
By A Customer
Once again, Janette Oke has out done herself. She has been a favorite of mine since Marty and Clark Davis came to be "friends" of mine in the Love Come Softly series. It is wonderful to get to know the characters and feel part of their lives! I was afraid to venture beyond the Love Come Softly series for fear of leaving the Davis' behind. I was excited to find that Mrs. Oke has made each family in her books come to life. I can't put the books down and am sad when they end. She always leaves me wanting more! Return to Harmony is a wonderful book!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, May 12 2011
killerwhaletank - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I couldn't finish this book. The writing felt very juvenile and felt more like a fanfiction than an actual published novel, which, I did not expect at all from Janette Oke. I have read other books of hers and loved them. If I hadn't seen her name on the cover, I never would have guessed that this was her work. The characters and the story both felt very shallow and not well crafted. The two main characters, Bethan and Jodie, I could never really warm up to. Bethan I did not like or felt the need to root for at all, and the whole message from her felt like, "If you don't believe in God there's something wrong with you and I have to feel sorry for you." I didn't like it. Jodie was a prickly character that I wanted to like but just couldn't. They both ended up being intolerant characters. I quit halfway through the book and I've never quit a Janette Oke book before.

Not her best effort. Maybe it was the collaboration with the other author (who I am not familiar with), but I didn't like the style or format of this book at all. I will avoid future collaboration efforts and just stick with the books she's written on her own.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Janette Oke's finest!, Feb. 4 1999
By A Customer
I believe the novel, Return To Harmony, was one of the best Janette Oke has ever written. It was very inspiring and suspensful. Every time I finish one of her works, I am left with a feeling of hope and happiness. Bethan is a character to be immitated!

Return to Harmony: A novel
Return to Harmony: A novel by Janette Oke (Paperback - July 1996)
Used & New from: CDN$ 2.99