Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store Fall Tools

Return to Harmony
Format: Audio CassetteChange

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(1 star)show all reviews
on June 23, 2003
"Return to Harmony" was the worst Janette Oke I have read. I will never-ever read a collaboration novel that involves Oke and another author again. Both of their writings were too jumbled and did not flow well. I was able to figure out who wrote what, and you shouldn't be able to do that - both of the authors writings should mesh together in unison. I thought Bunn's writing overpowered Oke's. Since I focused so much on the techniques, I did not enjoy the plot one bit. I finished this book feeling unfulfilled. A huge disappointment - I do not recommend.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I couldn't finish this book. The writing felt very juvenile and felt more like a fanfiction than an actual published novel, which, I did not expect at all from Janette Oke. I have read other books of hers and loved them. If I hadn't seen her name on the cover, I never would have guessed that this was her work. The characters and the story both felt very shallow and not well crafted. The two main characters, Bethan and Jodie, I could never really warm up to. Bethan I did not like or felt the need to root for at all, and the whole message from her felt like, "If you don't believe in God there's something wrong with you and I have to feel sorry for you." I didn't like it. Jodie was a prickly character that I wanted to like but just couldn't. They both ended up being intolerant characters. I quit halfway through the book and I've never quit a Janette Oke book before.

Not her best effort. Maybe it was the collaboration with the other author (who I am not familiar with), but I didn't like the style or format of this book at all. I will avoid future collaboration efforts and just stick with the books she's written on her own.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again