5.0 out of 5 stars A very good book!
I really enjoyed this book. It is a great Christian
fiction novel. It was really interesting to read, and I
highly recommend it.
Published on Nov. 18 2001 by Rosella Ann Myles

2.0 out of 5 stars Just one more homecoming . . .
Published on March 6 2001 by A. Grace

2.0 out of 5 stars Just one more homecoming . . ., March 6 2001
This review is from: Another Homecoming (Paperback)
By now, you'd think that authors-especially ones as popular as these two-would know enough to leave this story line alone. Baby is conceived under inconvenient circumstances. Baby is adopted by two stock character parents-one who dotes on her and one who stifles her. Baby grows up "unaware of her hidden past." Eventually, somehow, the truth comes out, and Baby-Turned-Young-Woman leaves to find her "real" family. And the beat goes on . . . other stock characters featured here include the bitter war hero (Harry Grimes), the uncomplaining Christian "martyr" (Joel), and the loyal, God-fearing servant (literal servant in this case: Maggie). It's ironic that the title fits so perfectly! The abundant cliches kept me at arm's length throughout the entire novel, never allowing me to become intrigued with or attached to anyone. This one simply lacks the original twists needed to stand out of the teeming "adopted kid story" crowd.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good book!, Nov. 18 2001
I really enjoyed this book. It is a great Christian
fiction novel. It was really interesting to read, and I
highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Truly Great Book!, June 20 2001
This review is from: Another Homecoming (Paperback)
I Recieved this book as a present from my mother. I probably wouldn't have bought it other wise, but I'm very happy to have read it. Although the story-line can be a bit over-used, and even tiring at times, I thought that Jannette Oke and T. Davis Bunn did a truly mavelous job of making it exciting, enjoyable, and a story-line all their own. I loved how the book followed Kyle, and Joel through their entire child-hood, and the way these two authors presented the story, I would highly reccomend it to any other reader!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my very favorites!, Aug. 1 2000
This review is from: Another Homecoming (Paperback)
I LOVED it! It was so emotional and touching and riveting! I read the last half of it all in one night, staying up till 2:00 to finish it! I cried deeply at one time when there was something very sad. The characters are so deep and living in my mind; I felt like I was there in their own world feeling their own pain and joy. I didn't want the story to end, and I'm looking forward with great anticipation to reading the sequel! The spiritual depth and wisdom in the book is great, too! The plot is very intriguing and honest and delightful. This has become one of my favorite books, overnight! =o)
Imagine a girl in a home with riches, a loving father, a stern mother, adoring servants, but living with unease and sadness most of the time. Imagine a mother giving up her own child, and living a life without the love of her husband. Imagine a boy with a compassionate, longing heart and finally finding peace in the love of Christ. You hardly need any imagination when you read the book, because it's all there before you...I couldn't help being drawn into their lives, and didn't want to leave!

5.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER HOMECOMING, March 8 2000
This review is from: Another Homecoming (Paperback)
I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK! IT WAS SO INSPIRING AND I SHED SO MANY TEARS. AS WITH ALL OF JANETTE'S BOOKS, IT LEFT ME FULFILLED AND CLOSER TO GOD. I WAS WONDERING IF SHE HAS A SEQUEL TO THIS BOOK YET! I DIDN'T EVEN WANT THIS BOOK TO END!

5.0 out of 5 stars This one is great!, Feb. 6 2000
This review is from: Another Homecoming (Paperback)
I've read some of Janette Oke's books and am trying to read many more, but this one was great! From the begining to the end it was hard to put it down, the way she shows all of the characters feelings and thoughts makes you understand everything much clearly. It is about a young girl who is growing up with the perfect life, except she feels like she doesn't belong in there. Then she begins to find out about her past, and also about God which is the best! Be sure to read "Tomorrow's Dream" also which is the sequel to this amazing story!

4.0 out of 5 stars One Link To The Lord Is All It Takes, June 14 1999
This review is from: Another Homecoming (Paperback)
This is my first book by a christian writer and I was very impressed. The story moved well, the characters were refreshing and honest. Janette Oke effectively portrayed real life experiences in a fictional work - all the while giving God the glory in making these broken lives come together. I recommend this book to anyone is looking for a good, wholesome story minus unnecessary sex and filthy language. I'll definitely read more Janette Oke books!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written, Oct. 27 1998
This review is from: Another Homecoming (Paperback)
I love to be able to be taken on a romantic journey without having to worry about the inevitable sex scene in most popular romances. Thank-you for giving Christians who are dedicated to purity a way to indulge our imaginations without tempting our souls!

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a letter of encouragement to me!, July 15 1998
This review is from: Another Homecoming (Paperback)
This was my first experience with Janette Oke's books but it will not be my last! It was such an encouraging book. From the first page I was spell bound. I could not put it down. How precious are relationships and family. But no one has mentioned it's sequel..don't miss it! I stumbled upon it myself quite by accident. "Tomorrow's Dream"...where the story continues and gets even better. Truly books to savor and share with a friend or acquaintance.

ARRAY(0xbd75e06c)

Another homecoming
Another homecoming by Janette Oke (Hardcover - 1997)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01