Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: PaperbackChange

on May 3, 2009
I have bought and experimented with the recipes from dozens of vegan cookbooks, and I consider this one a real gem. The recipes are not "veganized" but rather vegan by happenstance and selected for inclusion on that basis. The recipes are clear and easy to follow, with ingredients that are easy to come by in any major grocery store. The recipes have an emphasis on fresh ingredients. The index is good and it has a metric conversion chart.

I have made many recipes from this book (about a dozen so far) and have yet to be disappointed. The flavours are bold and memorable - the recipes are deceptively simple. The balance of ingredients comes together just right in my opinion, so that humble ingredients produce something really spectacular. I would serve guests from this book without question. In particular I loved the cauliflower soup with parsley and the linguine with olive and caper marinara sauce.

I think this cookbook is fantastic for anyone who likes Italian, not just vegans.
on January 4, 2010
My husband's family is italian and they are wonderful cooks. Since becoming vegetarian, we've entertained them a few times with exotic vegetarian dishes (mostly east indian cuisine, which they enjoy), but lately we had been wishing to have everyone over for a big Sunday lunch with authentic italian fare. However, we didn't want to serve meat or have our guest go away disappointed. The recipes in this book gave us confidence to make a four-course italian vegetarian feast. The results were stunning. Though we had never made any of the recipes before all the dishes turned out wonderfully and were much enjoyed by one and all. The recipes were easy to follow and uncomplicated. The serving quantities were very accurate (important for entertaining). The nutritional information provided for each recipe is nice to have too. I got so many requests for the recipes, i've just ordered some more copies of the book to give as gifts!
on August 2, 2010
I don't think you necessarily have to be vegan to enjoy the recipes in this book - the two I have tried so far were really good "make-agains". (I usually don't make recipes again unless they're really good, so that's saying a lot!)

The recipes I tried were healthy, simple and didn't use any artificial products (soy meats, etc.). They also tasted fantastic:

Risotto with Zucchini and Sun Dried Tomatoes (pp. 89-90): Absolutely delicious and couldn't have been simpler. I made it in the pressure cooker in 5 omni parents loved it.

Green Beans with Wild Mushrooms and Tomato (pg. 104): Really simple recipe with only a few ingredients, but the taste was fantastic. The recipe really showcased the fresh green beans, instead of allowing them to be masked by heavy sauces/cheeses (as is often the case with many recipes). I served these over noodles to make a very delicious lunch
on February 3, 2014
Viva Italia ! If you love pasta and have a food allergy to wheat and gluten this book is a must buy !!