Format: Hardcover|Change

on October 16, 2002
I learned about Leslie Greenberg in graduate school from someone who studied with him for a week in Canada. What I learned that quarter was simply profound. Now I have many of Leslie Greenberg's profound thoughts here in my hands.

A great thing about this book is that I can recommend it to my friends who have not studied psychology or pscyotherapy and they have access to the material for themselves and those that they teach. The great thing about this book is that it can be used in many different arenas. Certainly therapy, but also in your own relationships (marriages, parents & children) and in situations where you may want to teach about emotion (work, church, school, etc). I have already recommended this book to a friend of mine who is a pastor in Northern California.
Definately worth the investment!
I believe that all who read it have the opportunity to grow in their emotional wisdom.
on October 11, 2005
I am a graduate student at York University and I have studied under Dr. Greenberg. He has explicitly told us that this book has been written at a more general level and is directed toward a more general audience (i.e., if you are a mental health professional looking for the 'meat and potatoes' of his therapy, for example, this is not the best book for that). It introduces his theory and basic ideas in EFT and does a great review of the literature at the beginning of the book. I found it very interesting to read, and a great introduction.