5.0 out of 5 stars turns a rice cooker into a major kitchen appliance
Published on April 28 2003 by P. Crowe

3.0 out of 5 stars Best for fancy rice cookers
If you have a computerized rice cooker, you'll probably get a lot of value from this book. If, however, you have a simple rice cooker (non-computerized) then you'll find very few usable recipes.
Published on Nov. 28 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars turns a rice cooker into a major kitchen appliance, April 28 2003
P. Crowe - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook: 250 No-Fail Recipes for Pilafs, Risottos, Polenta, Chilis, Soups, Porridges, Puddings and More, from Start to Finish in Your Rice Cooker (Paperback)
I used to use my rice cooker several times a week. With this cook book and my new fuzzy logic rice cooker, I use it several times a day. It will appeal to cooks of all levels. For cooks experienced with rice and whole grains, the most important part of the book will probably be recipes for the porridge cycle of a fuzzy logic cooker: rice porridge, puddings, custards, and hot cereals. Even for experienced rice cooks, however, this book has excellent information on different varieties of rice and different types of dishes. In addition to many styles of rice dishes, it includes recipes for other grains such as couscous, bulgur and grits. It is well laid out and has commentaries on grains and dishes that will enable creative cooks to invent their own recipes as well as using the very tasty recipes included in the book. Although the recipes suggest the size of the cooker to be used, you need to use some common sense. I have a small cooker and have successfully made recipes suggested for other size cookers. This book is utterly clear and easy to follow. All the recipes work, and all taste wonderful. If you have a rice cooker, especially a fuzzy logic cooker, you need this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must if you own a Rice Cooker, Dec 20 2003
By A Customer
After buying a Zojirushi NS-ZAC 10 rice cooker, I knew I had to buy this book. I'd checked it out from the library but there are simply too many good recipes that I had to buy it. This is the bible for anyone owning a rice cooker. Only problem is it has recipes for both fuzzy logic and on/off type machines and now I find myself wishing I had both so I could try more recipes!

4.0 out of 5 stars good cook book- very user friendly, Oct. 22 2012
P. Globerman (Edmonton ,Ab,Canada) - See all my reviews
This ia a very good basic cookbook to help you learn the joys of a rice cooker. I use it often and the recipes are clear and tasty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, May 19 2012
jfkinparis (Edmonton, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
Just bought a Zojirushi cooker and needed a resource for it. I had borrowed this book from the library before, and was impressed enough to buy a copy. Well worth it. A good general introduction to making your rice cooker into a real multitasker, and is a handy reference as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rice and sooo much more, Feb. 27 2007
a customer (vancouver Canada) - See all my reviews
I stumbled upon this book in the library and found myself flipping through it up for several days - there are so many good recipies that I had to buy it. If you want to know what else to make in your rice cooker besides plain white rice buy this book! I find myself using my rice cooker at least 3 times a week now. It's so easy, put the stuff in and switch it on! You can even cook whole meals in the rice cooker. Just wish the book came in hardcover.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great companion recipe book for my rice cooker, May 30 2014
So many great recipes! Love the variety of dishes I can make in my rice cooker! Use it a lot.

4.0 out of 5 stars More than just rice!, Feb. 17 2014
L. Ferguson (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
There are so many recipes in here I never would have though of using my rice cooker for. There is also loads of info on the various types of rice cookers and info on all the different types if rice as well as where you can buy some of the less common rice varieties. I got this book WITH my rice cooker, and I love my rice cooker, but I would suggest getting it BEFORE you buy a rice cooker to make certain you get the cooker that best suits your needs. The reason I'm giving it 4 stars is because I don't normally cook from a recipe and just haven't had the chance to use any of them. I have used some of the recipes to give me ideas for my own concoctions. The extra info in the book is excellent, but I don't know if the recipes are. I absolutely recommend this book, even if all you ever use is the info.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, July 8 2013
Full of useful receipes for rice and lots of other stuff to explore. The rice cooker can do more than just cook rice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, March 25 2013
Wonderful book with plenty of tips. If you own a rice cooker, this book should be part of your collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars coock book, Jan. 11 2013
Son has made many recipes from this book and has been pleased with them. I would recommend it for beginners