5.0 out of 5 stars turns a rice cooker into a major kitchen appliance
Published on April 28 2003 by P. Crowe

3.0 out of 5 stars Best for fancy rice cookers
If you have a computerized rice cooker, you'll probably get a lot of value from this book. If, however, you have a simple rice cooker (non-computerized) then you'll find very few usable recipes.
Published on Nov. 28 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars turns a rice cooker into a major kitchen appliance, April 28 2003
P. Crowe - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook: 250 No-Fail Recipes for Pilafs, Risottos, Polenta, Chilis, Soups, Porridges, Puddings and More, from Start to Finish in Your Rice Cooker (Paperback)
I used to use my rice cooker several times a week. With this cook book and my new fuzzy logic rice cooker, I use it several times a day. It will appeal to cooks of all levels. For cooks experienced with rice and whole grains, the most important part of the book will probably be recipes for the porridge cycle of a fuzzy logic cooker: rice porridge, puddings, custards, and hot cereals. Even for experienced rice cooks, however, this book has excellent information on different varieties of rice and different types of dishes. In addition to many styles of rice dishes, it includes recipes for other grains such as couscous, bulgur and grits. It is well laid out and has commentaries on grains and dishes that will enable creative cooks to invent their own recipes as well as using the very tasty recipes included in the book. Although the recipes suggest the size of the cooker to be used, you need to use some common sense. I have a small cooker and have successfully made recipes suggested for other size cookers. This book is utterly clear and easy to follow. All the recipes work, and all taste wonderful. If you have a rice cooker, especially a fuzzy logic cooker, you need this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must if you own a Rice Cooker, Dec 20 2003
By A Customer
After buying a Zojirushi NS-ZAC 10 rice cooker, I knew I had to buy this book. I'd checked it out from the library but there are simply too many good recipes that I had to buy it. This is the bible for anyone owning a rice cooker. Only problem is it has recipes for both fuzzy logic and on/off type machines and now I find myself wishing I had both so I could try more recipes!

5.0 out of 5 stars WoW, Dec 4 2003
By A Customer
I bought this book before I purchased my rice cooker. I really wanted to prepare beans and whole grains, not just rice. I learned that I could use this appliance in many ways. It made me so excited to purchase a rice cooker. All questions are answered. You CAN use this book to prepare many healthful foods in the basic on off rice cooker. There are only a few recipes that require the fuzzy logic rice cooker. I don't think I have ever had a cookbook that was so well written and entertaining to read, or easy to follow.

4.0 out of 5 stars 1 recipe down, 249 to go!, Aug. 6 2014
Received the cookbook last night (along with my Zojirushi rice cooker) and decided to try out the Italian Sausage Risotto recipe. It was easy to prep, and delicious to eat...what more can you ask?

I gave the book a skim read, and there are a ton of recipes for everything from rice, polenta, oatmeal, desserts, wild rice, whole grains, etc. The book is sectioned by type, and is very simple to find recipes for whatever it is you're looking to cook. It's clearly noted which size of rice cooker and which type of rice cooker the respective recipes are for. If you have a 5.5 cup rice cooker (as I do), and the recipe if for a 10 cup rice cooker, simply cut the volumes in half and you're good to go.

I'm looking forward to putting this book and my rice cooker through it's paces!

4.0 out of 5 stars good cook book- very user friendly, Oct. 22 2012
P. Globerman (Edmonton ,Ab,Canada) - See all my reviews
This ia a very good basic cookbook to help you learn the joys of a rice cooker. I use it often and the recipes are clear and tasty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, May 19 2012
jfkinparis (Edmonton, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
Just bought a Zojirushi cooker and needed a resource for it. I had borrowed this book from the library before, and was impressed enough to buy a copy. Well worth it. A good general introduction to making your rice cooker into a real multitasker, and is a handy reference as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rice and sooo much more, Feb. 27 2007
a customer (vancouver Canada) - See all my reviews
I stumbled upon this book in the library and found myself flipping through it up for several days - there are so many good recipies that I had to buy it. If you want to know what else to make in your rice cooker besides plain white rice buy this book! I find myself using my rice cooker at least 3 times a week now. It's so easy, put the stuff in and switch it on! You can even cook whole meals in the rice cooker. Just wish the book came in hardcover.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you use a rice cooker, this book is very helpful., March 14 2004
By A Customer
I have been using a rice cooker at least 3x/week for over 16 years, but only to make white rice. I bought this cookbook so that I could explore other ways to use this "must-have" kitchen appliance. I think the book is well worth the price, even if you don't own a "fuzzy logic" rice cooker. There are not too many recipes that call for "fuzzy logic" cookers only. Most recipes can be done with either the "on/off" type (like I have) or the "fuzzy logic" type.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential!, Sept. 16 2003
Jason Hennigan (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
If you have a Rice Cooker, or are thinking about buying one, then get this book!
It's not just jammed full of great receipies, but is also packed full of information on how to prepare the rice before you cook it, different varieties of rice, and different types of rice cookers.
Absolutely essential.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great companion recipe book for my rice cooker, May 30 2014
So many great recipes! Love the variety of dishes I can make in my rice cooker! Use it a lot.