5.0 out of 5 stars For women all around the world..I love it
I read this book in 2 days flat!! I love it. Brought back some memories of times in my life... made me cry mostly. Who doesn't love a good cry? I'm on track to improving my personal development and have since changed my reading material to awe-inspiring stuff. I encourage all women ages 21-100+ to read this book.
Published on July 1 2002 by platinum2370

1.0 out of 5 stars Transaction unexpectly cancelled by seller
I was disappointed to see that the seller could not deliver my book, saying that " the mailing shipping services has a problem and will not be able to deliver your order ".
Usually, when an item cannot be delivered I have a warning from amazon right at the time when I place the order.
Published on July 23 2009 by S. Yee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Transaction unexpectly cancelled by seller, July 23 2009
S. Yee (montreal, QC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul (Paperback)
I didn't get any direct email informing me about the situation and I was still waiting ... and it's only when I looked up my order status several days later that I learned about it.

In the future, I'd like to receive an email notification when a seller cancels an order, to avoid the waiting and missing on other bargains.

At least, the seller apologized and refunded the fees in a timely matter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring n touching tales..., April 6 2003
This review is from: Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul (Paperback)
There are so many Inspiring and touching tales that fills our hearts with emotion. One wonders 'why' things happen as they shouldn't or 'How' do miracles change the course of our lives. There are moments in everybody's life where at a point you encounter obstacles, where your self esteem gets low, attitude differences opine or whatever be, awe-inspiring stories of this book glues you to stir your heart to be more wiser. It rekindles the spirits undoubtedly when we read the emotional narrations of others and wonder - We too come across lot of experiences in life. Should we not pen it down? Easy it may seem, needs inspirations like these stories to share alike tales. This book sure is a great 'light up spirits' book for woman, self inspirations you can say. Topics on Love, Attitude & self esteem, Special moments, Dreams, Truth & wisdom n more are widely covered which makes it a special read. I cherish this book and read n re-read at times. Good pick

5.0 out of 5 stars For women all around the world..I love it, July 1 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't put down!, July 1 2002

4.0 out of 5 stars A Two Boxer! (Kleenex, that is), Dec 24 2001
This review is from: Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul (Paperback)
This is a wonderful feel good book that is definitely a two boxer. That's two boxes of Kleenexes that you'll need to get through this one! The very first story sets the tone for the whole book. This story about a mother and daughter and the love that they shared was the most touching and one of the best stories contained within. As with any anthology, with many authors, the writing style differs throughout and you may find yourself captured by one author and wanting to get rid of the next author all within the same chapter. I like how the editors divided the book into sections about love, attitude and self-esteem, overcoming obstacles, marriage, motherhood, special moments, living your dream, aging, finding a higher wisdom, and truths across generations. This is definitely a book that you want to share with your woman friends and female family members. There are certain stories that should be photocopied and read often, to capture the feelings they evoke. Another especially touching story was written by a nursing home nurse about the love of an elderly couple and their struggle to be together their last remaining days. Two days after the author was located to provide permission to be printed, she died, leaving her loving story to be read by the world. This book brings out many emotions that in the end make you feel glad to be a woman and respect the richness of all your life experiences. It sure has made me feel a little less challenged and lot more honored and rewarded that I share commonalities with all of the women in these wonderful stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars chicken soup for the women's soul, July 8 2000
I thought this book was wonderful. I am a mother as well and sometimes I only have a few minutes to get a break. It is great because I can start and finish something in the short amount of time I have. Also, I always feel something, as well. That usually makes my break complete.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book should carry a warning label!, June 8 1999
By A Customer
I arrived at at the office with tear-stained cheeks and blood-shot eyes two days in a row because of the heart-felt stories on this audio book. As soon as I heard it I knew I had to buy a copy for my mom. If she listens in the car, I just hope she can see the road through her tears!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read for men as well., Feb. 10 1999
This review is from: Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul (Paperback)
I enjoyed reading this book, as it gave me some insight and perspective on what it takes to kindle the spirit of women. Relationships between men and women would be more succesful if they only took the time to understand one other. This book is a good start for men to start understanding women.

5.0 out of 5 stars touches ones heart and soul, Oct. 22 1998
This review is from: Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul (Paperback)
This book can really relate to women and it touches one heart and soul to the deepest of depths and feelings, feelings of all kinds whether sad, or whatever. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anybody searching for a soul toucher, or a heart warmer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart Touching, July 28 1998
This review is from: Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book. It brought out the best in me and who I wanted to be. With every story my heart was filled with many emotions and helped me be more sympathetic towards others. After I read the first couple of stories I wanted to buy this book for all my loved ones so they could share in these heart felt stories too. I could barely put it down. You must get this book today!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xbe6c48e4)

Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul
Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul by Marci Shimoff (Paperback - Sept. 3 1996)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01