5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring love stories
Published on May 17 2000 by Joscelyn Cerise

2.0 out of 5 stars Take your Chicken Soup with a grain of salt.
Published on March 19 1999

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring love stories, May 17 2000
This review is from: Chicken Soup for the Couple's Soul: Inspirational Stories About Love and Relationships (Paperback)
I read Chicken Soup for the Couple's Soul. This is the book you want to read if you are looking to cry, laugh, and a lot of comfort and reassurance. If you are a real romantic like me I would definitly recommend reading this book. It tells stories about new beggings, old lovers, love that last forever, fate, destiny, and more. Some of my favorite love stories are the ones that last forever. It kind of gives me hope that I will find the right man some day and I will have the same kind of love that they talk about. Every story in the book touched my heart, whether it was a death story, lost love, or a reunion, I cried. Many people have read these books and have loved them. So if you have not discovered the Chicken Soup books, I recommend reading one. The thing that I love the most is that they have many different sayings that really make you think about things. One that is my favorite is from 1Cor. 13:2 - I may have all knowledge and understand all secrets, I may have all the faith needed to move mountians - but if I have no love, I am nothing. I think this has a lot of truth to it because nobody ever feels whole unless they are truly loved. This book is for anyone who's ever been in love, is in love now, or hopes to be in love in t the future. So if you want a good book to read with real stories, read Chicken soup for the Couple's Soul.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully put together and indeed inspirational!, July 8 1999
By A Customer
I've always been in love with the Chicken Soup books, and Chicken Soup for the Couple's Soul is my absolute favorite. Each story in the book is written by a different author, each sharing his or her own unique inspirational experience. And because each story is written by a different author, they each have their own distinct characteristics. The stories are separated into several categories, just like in the previous Chicken Soup books. Each section offers many stories, and each story is inspiring. In particular, I really enjoyed the story written about the elderly lady who lost her husband and received yellow, long-stemmed roses from him for Valentine's Day after his death. This story, along with the many others in this collection, will surely erase any doubt in those whose belief in true love has weakened. It is not just the content of this book that will keep readers from putting this book down, it is the feeling that one will attain from the stories. It's not all about love and romance, and that is why this book is also well-rounded (although the stories are limited to relationship-related issues). I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I recommend that everyone gives it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought out the romantic in my macho man, Nov. 28 2001
Lauren Brooks (Athens, Georgia USA) - See all my reviews
Anyone who has a romantic bone in their body will find this book entertaining and sentimental. Allow me to illustrate: my macho, grunting, military boyfriend begrudgingly borrowed my dog-eared copy to read on a cozy afternoon at my house. After approximately ten minutes, he is all teary-eyed and encases me in a huge bear-hug. He has romantic tendencies, but it takes an act of God (or Chicken Soup, apparently) to inspire actions such as this on his part. I find the book interesting, eloquent at times, and generally worthy of a warm, fuzzy glow. It is easy to steal a glance at one or two stories during a few minutes of spare time, and equally easy to read the entire book in one sitting on a rainy afternoon. That is, if you can pry it away from your significant other's grasp. I recommend getting two copies to alleviate this problem.

2.0 out of 5 stars Take your Chicken Soup with a grain of salt., March 19 1999
By A Customer
I used to be a great Chicken Soup fan. So was my mother. So we were thrilled when a story she wrote was selected for inclusion in this book. However, in the name of "editing," they added several sentences to the end that changed the entire concept of her story. And reading over this book, I have to wonder if they did that to other stories as well. In many cases, the endings seems to have a different tone than the rest of the work. This experience has really spoiled the Chicken Soup series for me and my family. My mother won't even tell people that she's in the book because she doesn't want anyone she knows to read her story and think that she actually wrote that ending. So, my advice is to be wary of Chicken Soup.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book For Couples, Sept. 28 2001
By A Customer
I've always liked 'Chicken Soup' books, and this one is one of my favorites. There are many stories in the book, each written by a different author sharing his or her own inspirational experience. Because each story is written by a different author, they each have their own distinct characteristics. I really enjoyed the story about an elderly lady who lost her husband and received long-stemmed roses from him for Valentine's Day after his passing. That story, along with many others in this collection, will help to ease any doubt for those who may believe true love is out of reach. I also highly recommend 'Open Your Mind, Open Your Life: A Little Book of Wisdom' by Taro Gold.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read and hard to put down, June 24 1999
By A Customer
I really enjoyed reading this book. It really helped me see my relationship in a different light. It also helped my significant other as well. As for the person who commented on there being too many stories about death, well, unfortunately in today's society it takes something like a loss for us to realize what we love and have. Most people today are too BUSY to even appreciate what they have in their life so I don't think it was a bad thing to have these kinds of stories. It definately opened my eyes to reality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Couples to read together, Dec 12 2001
By A Customer
I have 7 Chicken Soup for the Soul books and love them all. This has to be my favorite though, because my fiance and I read it together. It was a wonderful experience to read each story and think about how it relates to our relationship. We were inspired by the stories of the elderly couples who are still in love. We are 20 and have a very strong bond, but these stories give us hope and reassurance that these kind of loving relationships still exist. I recommend this book to every couple.

5.0 out of 5 stars TOUCHING!!!, March 15 1999
Okay, maybe I have not yet finished the book. But it is so good that there is no doubt in my mind that the rest will be also. I have learned so much from this book regarding true love and all the other mushy stuff. Alot of the stories bring streams of tears pouring down my cheeks. This was a wonderful Valentine's gift and would make an excellent Birthday gift too. A must have for anyone who has ever been in love or hopes to be in love soon. Believe me, you will never put it down.

3.0 out of 5 stars Should of checked into the Chick, Dec 15 2000
I was really sold on this book by the reviews and I was disappointed because I thought she might have calories, fat, and protein numbers posted for each recipe. Sadly, I did not take into consideration that the author is writing to the general public and not those who are improving their physique. Overall, this is a great book for those struggling to make someone more than fried chicken. I highly recommend this for others but for fitness buffs, I suggest to steer clear of this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book to read with someone you love, Jan. 25 1999
By A Customer
This book is an inspiring read and one I repeatedly found myself sharing with my husband. The stories are heartwarming and are about real people, real enough to teach some relationship lessons that we found attainable in our everyday communication. The stories are especially good for reminding couples where they started in their own relationships and why they came to see so much in their soulmates. I'm going to use this one as a Valentines gift and for wedding gifts.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›