5.0 out of 5 stars Really good book. Some very touching stories.
Published on May 28 2011 by G

3.0 out of 5 stars Should of checked into the Chick
Published on Dec 16 2000 by mr_bits

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good book. Some very touching stories., May 28 2011
This review is from: Chicken Soup for the Couple's Soul: Inspirational Stories About Love and Relationships (Paperback)
Chicken Soup for the Couple's soul is a collection of true love stories. They were carefully picked out because they seemed to have had an impact on the authors of this book in one way or another. I have found that many of the stories within this book were very touching, and think the whole idea behind this book is very beautiful. I found reading the stories with my girlfriend to have helped strengthen our bond, made us closer while sometimes even educating us on what true love is capable of doing.
Whoever you are, I advise picking up this book and sharing the stories with your significant other. It is a beautiful experience to share between two lovers and I believe helps us get closer to our emotional side and think more positively.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!!!, April 19 2004
jaybird (edmonton,alta) - See all my reviews
i read this book when i became engaged. it totally gave me inspiration and ideas for my relationship. this book was so uplifting and it always made me smile. all the stories are beautiful. I recommend this book to anyone who has been in love, who is in love or even looking for love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Couples to read together, Dec 13 2001
By A Customer
I have 7 Chicken Soup for the Soul books and love them all. This has to be my favorite though, because my fiance and I read it together. It was a wonderful experience to read each story and think about how it relates to our relationship. We were inspired by the stories of the elderly couples who are still in love. We are 20 and have a very strong bond, but these stories give us hope and reassurance that these kind of loving relationships still exist. I recommend this book to every couple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought out the romantic in my macho man, Nov. 28 2001
Lauren Brooks (Athens, Georgia USA) - See all my reviews
Anyone who has a romantic bone in their body will find this book entertaining and sentimental. Allow me to illustrate: my macho, grunting, military boyfriend begrudgingly borrowed my dog-eared copy to read on a cozy afternoon at my house. After approximately ten minutes, he is all teary-eyed and encases me in a huge bear-hug. He has romantic tendencies, but it takes an act of God (or Chicken Soup, apparently) to inspire actions such as this on his part. I find the book interesting, eloquent at times, and generally worthy of a warm, fuzzy glow. It is easy to steal a glance at one or two stories during a few minutes of spare time, and equally easy to read the entire book in one sitting on a rainy afternoon. That is, if you can pry it away from your significant other's grasp. I recommend getting two copies to alleviate this problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars 09ophj;hkl;jkl;k;jkl;, Nov. 1 2001
kl;klj;kl;kl;jkl;kl;kl; jkl; kl;j jkl;j ;lkj;

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book For Couples, Sept. 29 2001
By A Customer
I've always liked 'Chicken Soup' books, and this one is one of my favorites. There are many stories in the book, each written by a different author sharing his or her own inspirational experience. Because each story is written by a different author, they each have their own distinct characteristics. I really enjoyed the story about an elderly lady who lost her husband and received long-stemmed roses from him for Valentine's Day after his passing. That story, along with many others in this collection, will help to ease any doubt for those who may believe true love is out of reach. I also highly recommend 'Open Your Mind, Open Your Life: A Little Book of Wisdom' by Taro Gold.

3.0 out of 5 stars Should of checked into the Chick, Dec 16 2000
I was really sold on this book by the reviews and I was disappointed because I thought she might have calories, fat, and protein numbers posted for each recipe. Sadly, I did not take into consideration that the author is writing to the general public and not those who are improving their physique. Overall, this is a great book for those struggling to make someone more than fried chicken. I highly recommend this for others but for fitness buffs, I suggest to steer clear of this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect wedding gift, Nov. 4 2000
We received this as a Wedding gift. I truly loved every story and couldn't put it down or wait to pick it up again. It really touches your heart and makes you thankful for what you have in life. I am blessed and look forward to a wonderful and long life with my awesome husband. Who knows....I may have a story to contribute in 40 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring love stories, May 17 2000
I read Chicken Soup for the Couple's Soul. This is the book you want to read if you are looking to cry, laugh, and a lot of comfort and reassurance. If you are a real romantic like me I would definitly recommend reading this book. It tells stories about new beggings, old lovers, love that last forever, fate, destiny, and more. Some of my favorite love stories are the ones that last forever. It kind of gives me hope that I will find the right man some day and I will have the same kind of love that they talk about. Every story in the book touched my heart, whether it was a death story, lost love, or a reunion, I cried. Many people have read these books and have loved them. So if you have not discovered the Chicken Soup books, I recommend reading one. The thing that I love the most is that they have many different sayings that really make you think about things. One that is my favorite is from 1Cor. 13:2 - I may have all knowledge and understand all secrets, I may have all the faith needed to move mountians - but if I have no love, I am nothing. I think this has a lot of truth to it because nobody ever feels whole unless they are truly loved. This book is for anyone who's ever been in love, is in love now, or hopes to be in love in t the future. So if you want a good book to read with real stories, read Chicken soup for the Couple's Soul.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Guide, April 13 2000
By A Customer
I just loved the positive, uplifting stories about relationships. You read about too many failed, destructive and disfunctional relationships elsewhere you begin to wonder if happy, loving marriages really do exist. Another book along this vein (and even better, I think) is The RoMANtic's Guide. It has hundreds of personal accounts of couples who are madly in love and what they do to express it. If you liked SHMILY, you'll love this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›