5.0 out of 5 stars Being There strikes home!
All of the stories were wonderful but "Being There" by Don Didio hit close to home. It brought back memories of my own father and what a great man he was. This story evoked feelings and memories that will last beyond time. Thank you Don!
Published on Aug. 27 2000 by sandie

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, I Guess
Why can't books of inspiration and insight have some humor that illustrates the points being made. I found this tape to be maudlin and overwrought with poignancy which did not inspire me nor shed any new insights. The stories were ok, but there is a lot more to golf than what I heard on this tape. Needless to say, I was disappointed.
Published on March 28 2003 by colmlt

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, I Guess, March 28 2003
colmlt (Abingdon, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chicken Soup for Golfer's Soul (Audio Cassette)

5.0 out of 5 stars Being There strikes home!, Aug. 27 2000
sandie (Greencastle,Pa.) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars a must for golfers, June 18 2000
William H. Gallagher (Brooksville FL.) - See all my reviews
This read with the 101 different short stories and catchy quotes was very entertaining. I especially liked the one with the little girl that was playing by herself and carded a hole in one, unwitnessed, until the engineer of a passing train(the course boardered a nearby railway)sent a well wishing letter to her at the course. This and many others typify real golf experience to us golfers. If you golf, do yourself a favor and read this.

5.0 out of 5 stars God does not subtract the time playing golf, Jan. 20 2000
My father GR O'Gara shows up on Page 74 and He has been up playing in heaven for Five Years! He would like to thank the person who put his quote in the book. He Loved God,Family and Golf,not always in that order! Just kidding!

5.0 out of 5 stars A golfers wife, Jan. 2 2000
I am a golfers wife and proud of it! I am also a reader and really enjoyed the book. Some of the golfing lingo is confusing(I do golf also), but the book is well written. I enjoy reading about other people's experience with the famous and the not-so-famous, and the wanna-be famous. The Chicken Soup books can really pick me up on a down day. Keep them Coming!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much chicken in this soup, Dec 8 1999
Dave Yount (Luray, Virginia) - See all my reviews
I kept reading the book, hoping to find one of the stories that really would have a profound impact on me. It just didn't "happen" for me. Most of the stories have very predictible outcomes.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love golf, this is for you....., June 15 1999
Bruce B. Svare (Albany, New York) - See all my reviews
I have read many of the books in the Chicken Soup Series but this one really hits home! I am a golfer and everyone who plays the game will tell you that golf is a metaphor for life. These short essays really capture the essence of the game. I suggest that everybody start with the essay entitled "A Wing Grew Back" written by Jay Gearan. It is skillfully crafted and immediately draws the reader into the inspiring story of the challenges confronting a handicapped golfer. I certainly hope there will be a second helping of Chicken Soup for the Golfer's Soul and hope to see more work done by Gearan. Kudos for a job well done!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of A Kind!, June 14 1999
By A Customer
Once I started reading this book I could not put it down. Some of the stories made me cry, and some made me laugh. It was a very inspirational and uplifting book. I recommend this book to anyone even if you are not a golfer. A Great Buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Something to offer even the non-golfer, June 8 1999
By A Customer
I expected this book to only be of interest to the golfer. But reading a friend's copy on a plane convinced me to pick it up for myself; there are great stories in here, that apply the lessons of golf to life. And, frankly, the "no name" contributors are often more touching than their more famous peers. Good stuff.

Chicken Soup for Golfer's Soul
Chicken Soup for Golfer's Soul by Canfield (Audio Cassette - March 19 2004)
Used & New from: CDN$ 3.66