5.0 out of 5 stars Mmm Mmm Good
Published on Nov. 18 2003 by MDVK

1.0 out of 5 stars The teenage soul? How about the ten-year old's soul?
Lately the chicken soup people have been popping out books left and right that don't even compare to the first, and this is a perfect example. Reading one random story, I was reminded of my sixth grade year. As I continued reading I realized this story was supposed to be about a high school junior. As I read more I found many more examples of this. The stories and...
Published on May 16 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmm Mmm Good, Nov. 18 2003
MDVK (Jenison, MI USA) - See all my reviews
Chicken soup for the teenage soul has got to be the best collection of books that I've read. This book is full of small storys about teens getting through hard times and teens going through the best times of their life. This book was especially good because I can relate to some of the storys. Some of them made me cry because they were sad, and others made me cry because they were so happy. There are over 101 testemonies of Teenagers in this book. There were some people who wrote the storys in the book where I just sat back and thought, 'wow, that sounds like me'. The book offered some good advice to some things I was going through. Chicken soup for the Teenage Soul III made a lot of sense too. All the storys were Non-fiction and they really sounded like it too. Not everyone fell and love and married the same person, someone could be heartbroken because their one true love didn't love them back. I recommend this book for anyone that would seem interested in reading it. In summary this book is written by teens for teens about the hardships and loves of life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmm Mmm Good, Nov. 18 2003
MDVK (Jenison, MI USA) - See all my reviews
Chicken soup for the teenage soul has got to be the best collection of books that I've read. This book is full of small storys about teens getting through hard times and teens going through the best times of their life. This book was especially good because I can relate to some of the storys. Some of them made me cry because they were sad, and others made me cry because they were so happy. There are over 101 testemonies of Teenagers in this book. There were some people who wrote the storys in the book where I just sat back and thought, 'wow, that sounds like me'. The book offered some good advice to some things I was going through. Chicken soup for the Teenage Soul III made a lot of sense too. All the storys were Non-fiction and they really sounded like it too. Not everyone fell and love and married the same person, someone could be heartbroken because their one true love didn't love them back. I recommend this book for anyone that has any hint of being interested in reading it. In summary it is a GREAT book of short real life storys about teenagers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul III, July 27 2003
Amanda (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
Yet another Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul has been put on the shelves for teenagers' to read and enjoy. These stories are even more heartfelt than the previous ones and talk about even more issues that teenagers have to face every day. Stories ranging from how to deal with handicaps and sicknesses, such as bulimia and depression; standing up for what you believe in; coping with your parent's divorce, the death of a close one and the ever-so-popular stories about love, friendship and family.
Though Jennifer Love Hewitt and other role models did not contribute stories, what compensate for this is that more and more stories are realistic basically because a big majority of them have been written BY teens and these young authors have kept in mind that this book will be FOR teenagers.
I strongly encourage any teenager going through tough times or pre-teens that want to prepare themselves for the tough times ahed of them, to read this book. Whether it is to give you hope and courage, to mend your broken heart, or simply to share the happy stories with your best friend, it is a book that can be read at any occasion and it is sure to help you and comfort you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul III, March 27 2003
S. Basria (Cerritos, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Title: Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul III/"Life After Mom"
By: Hope Edelman
Reviewed By: S. Basria
Period: 1
"Life After Mom"
Book Review
A mother is an important person in a child's life. Without a mother, one is incomplete. The story, "Life After Mom," is about a girl named Hope. At age seventeen, her mother passed away. Her mom was very sick due to breast cancer. Hope new about this ever since age fifteen. She never expected her mother to die. After her mother's death, her life changed completely, especially through relationships with her family.
There were many things that I liked and disliked about the story. For example, I liked the way the Hope began to realize how special her mother was to her. She never got along with her mother. "We fought fiercely and often- about my boyfriend, my curfew, even my hair, which she insisted was always hanging above my eyes." After her mother's death, she wished she could relive those moments. She wished that she wasn't so stubborn.
There were also many things that I disliked about the book. For example, I disliked the way Hope was so rude to others. They tried to comfort her, but she was still too stubborn. Hope didn't even want to talk to her own family about how she felt. She should have thought of how her family felt, and if they wanted to talk about it. I also disliked the way she was ashamed to tell her new friends that her mother had died. She behaved like the were not going to talk to her about that fact. "I don't know how my brother and sister passed those long hours before sleep. I couldn't bare the way their eyes pleaded me, the oldest sister, to make everything all right. They'd both been close to my mother and they missed her terribly, but I didn't know how to reach out to them when I needed so much comfort myself. ." Although, Hope did learn how to talk to them after a long while.
My favorite part of the book is the ending. Hope's wounded heart finally found a cure. She discovered that other girls who didn't have mothers also went through the same thing. She slowly began to open up to them. She was also able to speak to her family about the incident. She was also learned how to be less stubborn when someone tried to comfort her. 'Oh' he said. I'm sorry.'
'Thank you, so am I.' Hope learned that you don't know what you have until you've lost it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup For The Teenage Soul 2, April 16 2002
Kaesha (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
Book: Chicken Soup Teenage Soul II
Editors: Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen and Kimberly Kirberger
Pages: 351
Chicken Soups are books written by readers of real life stories about either their life or someone else's. There are many Chicken Soup books directed to certain people, mostly by ages. Some of them are Chicken Soup for anyone to read, Chicken Soup for kids, for mothers, for fathers, for parents for Christians, teenagers and many others. This particular book is the second version of the Chicken Soups for Teenagers. It has one hundred and one more stories about the life of teenagers. The writers of stories have written about the following topics: Relationships, Friendship, Love and Kindness, Tough Stuff, Family, Learning Lessons, Making a Difference and Growing Up. All these are topics, which teenagers can relate to as they all experience things connected to the topics. The authors of the topics vary, most of them are written by teenagers. Some of the stories are even written by parents who have teenagers and sometimes celebrities write in a story. In this particular book actress Jennifer Love Hewitt wrote a story about friendship. In addition not only are there stories but there are also poems.
Chicken Soup Teenage Soul II has a story written by Jennifer Love Hewitt, which is known to have attracted many people to read this edition. Her particular story is on the topic of friendship. The title of the story is "A Friend For Life." This story is about Jennifer Love Hewitt meeting a young girl named Nicole who is suffering from cancer. Jennifer Love Hewitt was asked by an organization to help young people with sickness have their dream come true. Nicole's dream was to meet the actress. The story explains the kind of personality Nicole had towards life, even though she was suffering from cancer. Jennifer Love Hewitt explains about her full-of-energy life, how she didn't want anyone to pity her, she just wanted to live a normal life, she was just so positive about everything. Jennifer Love Hewitt mentions that her experience with Nicole is a day she'll never forget and that would affect her forever. Nicole was and always will her inspiration.
This is a book, which teenagers can connect with. By reading it they can realize that they aren't alone when it comes to certain conflicts or struggles in common daily life a teenager could experience. Every story and poem all have life lessons and morals to learn from, take notice of and understand. It is classified as an inspirational book and is very uplifting.

4.0 out of 5 stars A quick, easy, and inspiring read, Feb. 24 2002
It's amazing how much emotion can be communicated through the written word. Since the inception of the Chicken Soup for the
Soul series, millions of Americans have gained a deeper understanding of themselves through the hundreds of stories included in these books. Authors Canfield, Hansen, and Kirberger have illuminated a fire within their readers. The faithful readers of this popular series have turned to the stories of their fellow man to find inspiration, hope, and emotion within themselves.
Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul III, like its predecessors, was jam-packed with stories by teenagers and for teenagers. We, as
teens, learn through these stories of love, despair, and triumph that the splendor of life equally comes from our encounters of love, despair, and triumph. It is through experiencing these three things that life becomes richer and we become happier.
The sections of this book each touch an area of life sacred to teens: relationships, friendships, love, tough times, and growing up. Seeing other teens deal with these dilemmas encourages us to hold onto life's experiences and LEARN from them. It is through this learning process that we truly mature and find ourselves.

4.0 out of 5 stars A quick, easy, and inspiring read, Feb. 24 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Soup I've ever had, Dec 17 2001
Alison (Lafayette, Louisiana USA) - See all my reviews
This collection of stories that pretain the teenage experiences is divided up into nine sections. They are relationships, friendship, the power of love, family, lessons, tough stuff, overcoming obstacles, self discovery, and growing up. All of these are issues that teens struggle with and have joy with. This book brings together stories from actual teen writers for about 101 testimonies. I found this book particulary touching becuase so many of the stories parallel what has happened to me. One story called "When Forever Ends," tells about losing friends with age. Another essay inspired me in my dancing and Sparklers. It is called, "Winner." It talks about life, endurance, and dedication. Though the book is long, it was a very easy read because it was so entertaining and inspiring. These stories inspire me to go out into the world and act on life, and make somthing interesting happen to me like it did to the teen authors in this book. I am looking forward to buying Chicken Soup for the Soul IV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying. . .good read for all teens!, Nov. 10 2001
I love the Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul books. I own all three of them, and even submitted my own story to the 4th one, if there will be a 4th one. I couldn't wait for this book to come out and begged my mom to buy it for me for Christmas. These books, not just the 3rd one, but all, are strong and inspiring to all adolescents. I'm 15, so, believe me, I know. Some stories are funny, some sad, some happy, all inspirational and honest. They fill you in about girlfriends/boyfriends lost, losing parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, dealing with a friend who has an eating disorder, etc. It isn't just about love and relationships. It's about life and school, and other teenage stuff. These books make you feel like you're not alone, and don't we all feel like we are alone. When I read them, it was like they were reading my mind. I love these books, and I'm so attached to them, I won't let them leave my house, and all my friends have to go to a library to read them because I won't let them borrow them. But anyway, I recommend them for anyone who wants to read them, but mainly teens. They really are great books.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book for all Teenagers to have, Sept. 13 2001
Ashley Laperouse (Lafayette, LA USA) - See all my reviews
Chicken Soup for the Soul books have always been my favorite. The ones specifically made for teenagers I can relate to a lot. Each time I read one, I understand that I'm not alone and that other people are going through the same things that I am. Each section has a different story that I can realte to in some way.
In the Relationship Section, I related to a story about a girl who had just had her first heartbreak over a crush. It reminded me of my first crush and the knowledge and growth I experienced because of that. Even though you never really get over your first crush, you learn what it's like to love and what pain is. The friendship section talks about the good times and bad between friends. No matter how bad the struggle we face our friends and families with always be there for us. In the section about families, stories were told about what it's like to have someone always there for you.
Stories of how love will always prevail through the worst of times are shared in the power of love chapter. Lessons are the hardest thing to learn in life, as one girl learns that just because her mom has a thick foreign accent, doesn't mean that she's going to be judged by it. Another lesson learned in the lessons section was that you should always tell somebody you love them before it's too late. Tough Stuff happens in life, in this chapter stories are told about the tragedy of Columbine and how to cope with the death of a love one.
Obstacles can be overcome. Even through cancer and anorexia, those you never give up will survive. Self-Discovery talks about how through events and people you will and do discover your true self. The chapter on growing up talks about how we can all face our fears and "grow up."
I thought this was an excellent book and highly recommend it to every teenager. Each person who reads this book will somehow be touched by a story. I have every Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul and cannot wait for the next one to come out.

Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul III - Audiobook on Cassette: More Stories of Life, Love and Learning
Used & New from: CDN$ 19.52