5.0 out of 5 stars A Boat of Emotions
Published on March 15 2004 by amandarice

3.0 out of 5 stars Good meaty book with a little too much fat
I got this book at half.com for 3 bucks because i couldnt justify spending $... for a collection of ideas and happinings that im not even sure are all true. All and all this is a good book many of the stories are quite inspirational and have both happy and sad endings. I did find some of the stories especially those in the family secion seemed rather contrived i think...
Published on July 1 2001 by bedud

4.0 out of 5 stars Great For Teenagers!, May 20 2004
Bryan (Pasadena, CA) - See all my reviews
This book definitely gave me very good advice about being a teenager. I previously read Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II. I think that this one was a wee-bit better than the others Chicken Soup books because the stories were more entertaining. I have always like the Chicken Soup books ever since I was a little. I always found the books fun to read and also educational. This book also taught me a lot about myself and that there are people out there that think the same way I do. This book was happy, sad, fun, and enlightening all in one. I would definitely recommend this book to all teens that need a little heart-warming. This book was a kind of book that you get cozy with.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, May 20 2004
Bryan (Pasadena, CA) - See all my reviews
This book definitely gave me very good advice about being a teenager. I previously read Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II. I think that this one was a wee-bit better because the stories were more entertaining. I have always like the Chicken Soup books ever since I was a little. I always found the books fun to read and also educational. This book also taught me a lot about myself and that there are people out there that think the same way I do. This book was happy, sad, fun, and enlightening all in one. I would definitely recommend this book to all teens that need a little heart-warming. This book was a kind of book that you get cozy with.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Boat of Emotions, March 15 2004
"amandarice" (Cincinnati, OH USA) - See all my reviews
Love, friendship, death, challenges and overcoming events is just a part of what is in this great book. A book you can't put down. You'll laugh and you'll cry. The true stories are great to read but also sad. I found out more about me while reading this book. It helped me realize that there are people out there with my problems and with my views. Every teenager and adult should read this book. The only other thing I can say is that you'll be speachless!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmm Mmm Good, Nov. 18 2003
MDVK (Jenison, MI USA) - See all my reviews
Chicken soup for the teenage soul has got to be the best collection of books that I've read. This book is full of small storys about teens getting through hard times and teens going through the best times of their life. This book was especially good because I can relate to some of the storys. Some of them made me cry because they were sad, and others made me cry because they were so happy. There are over 101 testemonies of Teenagers in this book. There were some people who wrote the storys in the book where I just sat back and thought, 'wow, that sounds like me'. The book offered some good advice to some things I was going through. Chicken soup for the Teenage Soul III made a lot of sense too. All the storys were Non-fiction and they really sounded like it too. Not everyone fell and love and married the same person, someone could be heartbroken because their one true love didn't love them back. I recommend this book for anyone that would seem interested in reading it. In summary this book is written by teens for teens about the hardships and loves of life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmm Mmm Good, Nov. 18 2003
MDVK (Jenison, MI USA) - See all my reviews
Chicken soup for the teenage soul has got to be the best collection of books that I've read. This book is full of small storys about teens getting through hard times and teens going through the best times of their life. This book was especially good because I can relate to some of the storys. Some of them made me cry because they were sad, and others made me cry because they were so happy. There are over 101 testemonies of Teenagers in this book. There were some people who wrote the storys in the book where I just sat back and thought, 'wow, that sounds like me'. The book offered some good advice to some things I was going through. Chicken soup for the Teenage Soul III made a lot of sense too. All the storys were Non-fiction and they really sounded like it too. Not everyone fell and love and married the same person, someone could be heartbroken because their one true love didn't love them back. I recommend this book for anyone that has any hint of being interested in reading it. In summary it is a GREAT book of short real life storys about teenagers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul III, July 27 2003
Amanda (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
Yet another Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul has been put on the shelves for teenagers' to read and enjoy. These stories are even more heartfelt than the previous ones and talk about even more issues that teenagers have to face every day. Stories ranging from how to deal with handicaps and sicknesses, such as bulimia and depression; standing up for what you believe in; coping with your parent's divorce, the death of a close one and the ever-so-popular stories about love, friendship and family.
Though Jennifer Love Hewitt and other role models did not contribute stories, what compensate for this is that more and more stories are realistic basically because a big majority of them have been written BY teens and these young authors have kept in mind that this book will be FOR teenagers.
I strongly encourage any teenager going through tough times or pre-teens that want to prepare themselves for the tough times ahed of them, to read this book. Whether it is to give you hope and courage, to mend your broken heart, or simply to share the happy stories with your best friend, it is a book that can be read at any occasion and it is sure to help you and comfort you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul III, March 27 2003
S. Basria (Cerritos, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Title: Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul III/"Life After Mom"
By: Hope Edelman
Reviewed By: S. Basria
Period: 1
"Life After Mom"
Book Review
A mother is an important person in a child's life. Without a mother, one is incomplete. The story, "Life After Mom," is about a girl named Hope. At age seventeen, her mother passed away. Her mom was very sick due to breast cancer. Hope new about this ever since age fifteen. She never expected her mother to die. After her mother's death, her life changed completely, especially through relationships with her family.
There were many things that I liked and disliked about the story. For example, I liked the way the Hope began to realize how special her mother was to her. She never got along with her mother. "We fought fiercely and often- about my boyfriend, my curfew, even my hair, which she insisted was always hanging above my eyes." After her mother's death, she wished she could relive those moments. She wished that she wasn't so stubborn.
There were also many things that I disliked about the book. For example, I disliked the way Hope was so rude to others. They tried to comfort her, but she was still too stubborn. Hope didn't even want to talk to her own family about how she felt. She should have thought of how her family felt, and if they wanted to talk about it. I also disliked the way she was ashamed to tell her new friends that her mother had died. She behaved like the were not going to talk to her about that fact. "I don't know how my brother and sister passed those long hours before sleep. I couldn't bare the way their eyes pleaded me, the oldest sister, to make everything all right. They'd both been close to my mother and they missed her terribly, but I didn't know how to reach out to them when I needed so much comfort myself. ." Although, Hope did learn how to talk to them after a long while.
My favorite part of the book is the ending. Hope's wounded heart finally found a cure. She discovered that other girls who didn't have mothers also went through the same thing. She slowly began to open up to them. She was also able to speak to her family about the incident. She was also learned how to be less stubborn when someone tried to comfort her. 'Oh' he said. I'm sorry.'
'Thank you, so am I.' Hope learned that you don't know what you have until you've lost it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup cures my soul, Jan. 18 2003
By A Customer
Chicken Soup for the Soul is a great series. I loved to read the stories in this book because they focus on real life, they touch your heart. The authors are so descriptive that you can actually PICTURE it in your mind. I would absolutley recommend this book to everyone, it is awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, Dec 27 2002
Kelly (Canada) - See all my reviews
This book helps you, no matter what is going on in your life at the time this shows you that no matter what, you can go on with your life. Teenage years can be difficult, and this book helps you along the way. It is nice to have other people's experiences to fall back on.

5.0 out of 5 stars what a great book!, Dec 10 2002
azli nadiah (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) - See all my reviews
I'm starting reading chicken soup when my friend,Deq-na suggested.I'm not very excited at first but,when I just started I can't hardly put it down.I hope the writers will go on on their publishing.

ARRAY(0xacac266c)

Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul III - Audiobook on Cassette: More Stories of Life, Love and Learning
Used & New from: CDN$ 3.83