5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant book. A bonding experience for soon-to-be parents
My husband and I received this book as a gift with the intention being that he would read it to me a little every night. As much as my husband enjoys reading, he wasn't really looking forward to this. But, I talked him into read me one of the stories one night and every since then he's been hooked.
The book is filled with short, heart warming stories, many of which...
Published on Dec 3 2002 by Jennifer Fowler

3.0 out of 5 stars just ok
I think this book is just ok, only few of the stories really touched my heart. However, I would highly recommend the Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul, this one is so much better.
Published on May 21 2011 by Squasher

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant book. A bonding experience for soon-to-be parents, Dec 3 2002
Jennifer Fowler (Plainfield, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chicken Soup for the Expectant Mother's Soul: 101 Stories to Inspire and Warm the Hearts of Soon-to-Be Mothers (Paperback)
The book is filled with short, heart warming stories, many of which have put into words what we have been feeling. We both look forward to bedtime when at least one story will be read almost every night.
Despite the title, this book is as much for expectant fathers as it is for mothers. Reading this together has been a bonding experience of sorts for us. We both highly recommend it, even if you've never read a "Chicken Soup" book before, and even if you're a "guy's guy."

3.0 out of 5 stars just ok, May 21 2011
Squasher (Edmonton, AB Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming, May 11 2004
If you're an expectant mother you will appreciate the stories in this book. They are touching and funny and strike a universal chord that make you realize you're not alone. Five stars! Debbie Farmer, parenting author of 'Don't Put Lipstick on the Cat'

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, April 19 2004
jaybird (edmonton,alta) - See all my reviews
this book was exactly what i needed to help me love the feeling of being pregnate. during my second pregnancy i wasn't feeling all that hot until my hubby came home with the book. i read this book three times already, even my four year old loves the stories. i cried and laughed and cried some more...read this book if you're looking for something to cheer you up while you're feeling down! An excellent book--I promise!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous book, best of all Chicken Soup series, May 4 2003
Although I read almost every single publication of Chicken Soup, I must say this is definitely my favourite, especially that we are expecting our third child.
Before reading this book, I must admit I was not sure if we did the right thing to concieve a third child but now I know more than missing to cherish every moment of our pregnancy.
This book has moved every kind of feelings in us from happiness to excitement, to sadness at some times and made me thankful for this beautiful gift from God.
This is a must for every expectant parent.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Spritual Side of Pregnancy, March 13 2003
Pookie0115 (Winter Springs, FL USA) - See all my reviews
I was not familiar with the "Chicken Soup" books until someone gave me this one as a gift. I must say it makes a very thoughtful gift for a preganant woman, but otherwise you should treat yourself to it. The short stories in this book are written by different authors, all with real-life expectant parent stories. Some stories are sad, some joyful, some downright miraculous- but all of them are inspirational. The stories relate to a wide variety of expectant parents including those who adopt, struggle with infertility, experience an unplanned pregnancy, suffer loss, and juggle a large family. Read all the books you want on physical pregnancy health, but put this one on your list for spiritual pregnancy health.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book, Aug. 18 2002
By A Customer
I read this book when I was pregnant and put on bedrest. It made me laugh at times, and brought tears to my eyes at other times. I now buy a copy of it as a gift for all of my pregnant friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book!, Feb. 8 2002
My husband and I read this book together at night before going to bed when I was pregnant, and really enjoyed it! We found it to be inspiring and a great book to read when we were excited and nervous about becoming parents. Even after we had our baby I found myself still enjoying it. I have since loaned it to a pregnant friend and she has loved it as much as we did. This book would be a great one to give to a friend who is expecting or to buy for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars A joyful book!, Aug. 15 2001
By A Customer
The stories in this book will really affect you - it was a perfect gift for Mother's Day. The book has been an incredible outlet for all the varied emotions I've felt when pregnant - happiness, anxiousness, wonder - and I had a real connection to the women and men who shared their stories. I've had trouble sleeping at night and it was a favorite companion, inspring me and reminding me of the incredible gift we'll have. It made me cry with joy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, Feb. 8 2001
I couldn't put it down. I found myself crying, laughing, learning, and just bonding with this book. Every night a while I layed there restless and unable to sleep I'd open the book and read. I was bummed when I finished the book because I didn't know of another book that could compare. I have grown weary reading my expecting books since I have read beyond the weeks of my pregnancy. I didn't want to read anymore about how big the baby is 4 months from now... but wanted to focus on what it's like to be pregnant, have a baby, have children, etc etc. I found just that. It's a very inspirational book.

Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01