5.0 out of 5 stars What's better than holiday OT and a Sales Rep with donuts?
So for nurses, what is better than holiday overtime and that nice young pharmaceutical rep with the glazed donuts? War stories! And a whole group of other nurses to share them with.
Published on Aug. 21 2001 by NorCalReader

1.0 out of 5 stars Sappy nonsense
I bought this book with the hopes of finding some great nursing stories to inspire my first year nursing students. Unfortunately, most of the stories that I read were disappointingly syrupy. There are so many great nurses with stories to share, but none of them captured in this book.
Published 5 months ago by justtracey

5.0 out of 5 stars What's better than holiday OT and a Sales Rep with donuts?, Aug. 21 2001
NorCalReader (Northern CA, USA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Chicken Soup for the Nurse's Soul: 101 Stories to Celebrate, Honor and Inspire the Nursing Profession (Paperback)
Let's face it, we have to edit our stories around lay people, temper the humor, spare them the deep, down visceral core of our feelings---the fact that have to laugh in the face of disaster, and that we cry in linen closets. But around other nurses? Honey, just sit down a minute and prop up those tired feet and let me tell you a tale....
This is what is so absolutely great about Chicken Soup For the Nurse's Soul: it's the nitty gritty on why we love our profession. And why we continue to love it in the midst of our hardest times, our darkest hours and even now when our country is in crisis with a nationwide nursing shortage. It's a book about dedication and caring. And just who it is on the other side of that thermometer.
Every story in this book is aimed right at our hearts---to make us cry, laugh, shake our heads at what we have survived, and to bring us hope and strength. To make us proud of what we do.
Kudos to Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, LeAnn Thieman--a hero in her own right-- and Nancy Mitchell Autio for this gift you have given us: The right to speak out and be proud.

5.0 out of 5 stars THANK YOU FOR YOUR GIFT TO NURSES, Aug. 17 2001
"nurse-recruiter" (Alexandria, VA, USA) - See all my reviews
I just wanted to write a quick note to thank you for such a wonderful gift to nurses and indeed the profession of nursing itself. Right from the first story I was wiping the tears from my eyes. LeAnn, I think you can be assured you have once again made nursing history. I wish I was as articulate in writing as I am in speech. I would go on and on, but my recurrent thought is a simple "thank you". The timing of your book could not have been better. I am amazed at the level of despair and frustration that is found within our profession. Our colleagues need this book! It seems all to many have forgotten the real rewards of our work, yet you have captured it perfectly. Any nurse who reads this book will either find rejuvenation and inspiration or in my opinion should reconsider what it is they do for a living. For indeed if it does not touch their heart, a nurse may be "what" they do but it is not "who" they are.
Thank you so much LeAnn, Jack, and Nancy for the wonderful book and gift. I wish you the greatest of success, which you have so deservingly earned.
Pat Mahan, President, Nurse-Recruiter.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspiring!, Nov. 30 2001
I am a nursing student and am consistently challenged with a negative image of nursing. This book has helped restore a sense of pride in this wonderful profession. I would recommend to anyone in health care, especially nurses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, Sept. 26 2001
By A Customer
Chicken Soup for the Nurse's Soul pays grateful tribute to nurses - - those exalted and capable servants who selflessly tend the sick, injured, aged, and downhearted with deep compassion and unceasing dedication. Containing more than one hundred true stories of service and sacrifice, this uplifting book tugs on your heart strings and tickles your funny bone while artfully honoring the noble profession of nursing. Anyone who has ever been the recipient or the provider of health care will be challenged, motivated, and enlightened by these inspiring, true-life examples of exceptional courage, commitment and caring.
Dr. Mom, Marianne Neifert, MD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great books for nurses, April 12 2002
Every nurse can relate to the emotions portrayed in this book. The short story format is perfect for the busy nurse to read. The next time you want to remember that special nurse in your life or the one who helped you through a crises, or if you are a nurse yourself, read this book! It's my second favorite inspirational book -- my first being "Open Your Mind, Open Your Life: A Book of Wisdom" by Taro Gold. Giving these kind of inspirational gift books assures that your present lasts longer than candy and flowers and will boost the readers' self esteem! Every nurse I have known who has read these books has loved them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Morale Booster, Nov. 30 2001
Laura Lagana (Wilmington, Delaware) - See all my reviews
This diverse blend of candid and illuminating stories helps to illustrate what nurses really do, and their importance in balancing the healthcare equation. The heart and soul of nursing
involves far more than the fictional portrayals depicted on television or in the movies. “Chicken Soup for the Nurse’s Soul” comes at a time when this dwindling number of overworked, overstressed and underpaid “angels of mercy” everywhere struggle to practice their art against all odds. I highly recommend regular portions of this morale booster.
Laura Lagana (...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nurse's need this!, Sept. 26 2001
By A Customer
Chicken Soup for the Nurse's Soul is a book long overdue. These stories cannot help but touch the hearts and souls of all who read it, nurses or not. Nurses will recognize their own experiences somewhere in these stories, which affirm the personal nature of nursing and the importance of personal touch involved in the care of others. The authors have done nursing a wonderful service in bringing to light the touching, funny, heartfelt anecdotes shared by those at the bedside.
Sally Russell, M.N, R.N
Educational Director
Academy if Medical Surgical Nurses

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup for the Nurse's Soul, Sept. 25 2001
Looking for a gift for that special nurse in your life? Written by nurses, this collection honestly represents the contibutions, dedication and sacrifices endured daily by nurses, portraying the intellect and wit necessary to meet the complex and ever-challenging demands of the profession. Reading the stories included in this book reminds me of why I choose this profession. Chicken Soup for the Nurse's Soul will be cherished by nurses and everyone who lives have been touched by a special nurse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a book for the "angels of mercy", Oct. 8 2001
By A Customer
Words of encouragement for us! After that difficult shift at work, when the patient load was heavy and the 'moon was full', kick off your shoes, brew a cup of tea and relax in your favorite chair with some inspiring stories that remind us we are not only a blessing- - we are blessed!
Joan Edwards, R.N.C, M.N., C.N. S.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FOR NURSES, Oct. 8 2001
By A Customer
With the challenges of the workplace issues facing nursing today, this collection of personal stories brings focus back to the motivations for choosing a career in nursing, as well as it nourishes the soul of the practicing nurse.
Linda Kubik Goeldner, exec director, Iowa Nurses Assoc.

Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01