march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on October 6, 2015
Love it! Great stories for all different fields of nursing
on March 15, 2014
I bought this book with the hopes of finding some great nursing stories to inspire my first year nursing students. Unfortunately, most of the stories that I read were disappointingly syrupy. There are so many great nurses with stories to share, but none of them captured in this book.
on April 12, 2002
Every nurse can relate to the emotions portrayed in this book. The short story format is perfect for the busy nurse to read. The next time you want to remember that special nurse in your life or the one who helped you through a crises, or if you are a nurse yourself, read this book! It's my second favorite inspirational book -- my first being "Open Your Mind, Open Your Life: A Book of Wisdom" by Taro Gold. Giving these kind of inspirational gift books assures that your present lasts longer than candy and flowers and will boost the readers' self esteem! Every nurse I have known who has read these books has loved them!
on December 26, 2001
I have been a nurse for 21 years and have never read any book that depicts the true value of this wonderful profession. Each story is so easy to relate to. I hope that anyone who is a nurse or knows a nurse reads this book!
on November 30, 2001
This diverse blend of candid and illuminating stories helps to illustrate what nurses really do, and their importance in balancing the healthcare equation. The heart and soul of nursing
involves far more than the fictional portrayals depicted on television or in the movies. “Chicken Soup for the Nurse’s Soul” comes at a time when this dwindling number of overworked, overstressed and underpaid “angels of mercy” everywhere struggle to practice their art against all odds. I highly recommend regular portions of this morale booster.
Laura Lagana (...)
on November 30, 2001
I am a nursing student and am consistently challenged with a negative image of nursing. This book has helped restore a sense of pride in this wonderful profession. I would recommend to anyone in health care, especially nurses.
on October 8, 2001
Words of encouragement for us! After that difficult shift at work, when the patient load was heavy and the 'moon was full', kick off your shoes, brew a cup of tea and relax in your favorite chair with some inspiring stories that remind us we are not only a blessing- - we are blessed!
Joan Edwards, R.N.C, M.N., C.N. S.
on October 8, 2001
I was inspired and reignited about being an RN as I read these stories. I was overwhelmed with tears, goose bumps, reflection, nd lauging out loud!This book is a must for people interested in health care, receiving health care, and for all nurses of all ages.
on October 8, 2001
With the challenges of the workplace issues facing nursing today, this collection of personal stories brings focus back to the motivations for choosing a career in nursing, as well as it nourishes the soul of the practicing nurse.
Linda Kubik Goeldner, exec director, Iowa Nurses Assoc.
on September 26, 2001
Chicken Soup for the Nurse's Soul is a book long overdue. These stories cannot help but touch the hearts and souls of all who read it, nurses or not. Nurses will recognize their own experiences somewhere in these stories, which affirm the personal nature of nursing and the importance of personal touch involved in the care of others. The authors have done nursing a wonderful service in bringing to light the touching, funny, heartfelt anecdotes shared by those at the bedside.
Sally Russell, M.N, R.N