5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup is the Best
ISBN 1-55874-942-X
Pages-343
Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul: On Tough Stuff is an excellent book. It has topics such as abuse,eating disorders, alcohol and drug abuse, growing up, and death. This book teaches you how to handle problems and where you can call for help.
Chicken Soup helps you handle the tough stuff going on throughout your teenage...
Published on March 13 2004 by Jessica Young

1.0 out of 5 stars The author of this book
Chicken Soup For The Teenage Soul : A Romantic Approach
By Jack Canfield
There was no author more moving during the early 20th century than Mark Victor Hanson. Still, while scholars often feel Chicken Soup For The Teenage Soul is ponderous, it is one of Hanson's best-loved works. In this paper, I will show that Chicken Soup For The Teenage Soul is the most...
Published on Oct. 8 2002 by Jack Canfield

4.0 out of 5 stars More Soup Please!!!!!!, April 9 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul on Tough Stuff: Stories of Tough Times and Lessons Learned (Paperback)
I have recently read this book and my first impression was that it was kinda...plain??? This book doesn't have much description, but the stories are ...Spectacular!!! I dont think that 13 year olds like me would benefit from this book, because it's a little...should I say...old?? Even though I enjoyed the book, the authors would lose a lot of readers by only making a Chicken Soup for the Teen's Soul and the Kid's Soul. If I could suggest one thing to the author, I would suggest to make a Preteen's Soul. Also, I would suggest to have more kids write stories instead of the stories always being by either Kimberly or Jack. It would draw more attention to the books if they didn't take kids for granted. If we don't like a book, WE'LL TELL YOU!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Teen Read, May 23 2002
Carrie Notestine (Walled Lake, MI USA) - See all my reviews
I absolutly LOVED this book. Fianlly a book that foucus's on issues like suidcide and eating dissorder, mixed in with a dash of death and I pinch of friend/relationship. Its the perfect combination for the recipe of teenager. It was a great self help book and a great read all at the same time. I have to say that all the Chicken Soup for the Teen Soul books are great. I own them all but this one has really touched home and helped me to connect with the authors. I definetly recommend this book to anyone who is interested especially teens. I think that this book, being as it focus's more on the rougher aspects of being a teen, will help alot more teens. Just read the first story.... bet you can't put it down...

4.0 out of 5 stars Moving and Emotional, Dec 15 2001
My mom bought this book for my sister, and me. I took more of a liking to it. The book covers a variety of topics... from losing a family member... to standing up for yourself in a tough situation. The stories bring out so many emotions in you. You'll either end up laughing, crying, smiling. Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul is a great page-turned, and it's hard to put the book down. In each story you get wrapped up in the situation, and it's hard to keep your mind off of it. You get a sense of what the writer was feeling during their situation. This book is definitely moving and emotional. I also recommend "Open Your Mind, Open Your Life: A Little Book of Wisdom" by Taro Gold. Excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars This book really touched me, June 1 2003
Lacey Gray (Beaverton, OR USA) - See all my reviews
I am a teen who recently read the book Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul on Tough Stuff. I loved this book. I give it a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. It made me feel like I was the person with the problems. It taught me, if you see someone going through something like suicide or depression, be a friend to that person and help he or she through their problem. Some stories made me cry, some made me say, "WOW, I didn't know how hard it was to go through these things." Some statements were funny. This book really gave me a sense of what goes on in the real world. This book touched all my emotions. I have four of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books and this one has touched my heart the most.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love the new Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul!, Nov. 8 2001
Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul on Tough Stuff was a book I feel all teenagers and for that matter adults should read. It really touched me. At times I cried, and at times I laughed. This book really touched home. It reminded me that no matter how bad my day was, there is someone that has gone through the same thing and maybe worse things that same day. I have all the Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul books and this is my favorite.
I hope others can recieve that same joy I recieved from it. This book like the others will serve as a devotional for me. Each story has some meaning or lesson that will touch home.

5.0 out of 5 stars You're Not Alone, May 13 2003
"linnybelle9" (Ventura, Iowa United States) - See all my reviews
I recently attempted suicide...the poems in this book on clinical depression and suicide made me realize I was not alone...When I read this book I felt like other people understood and knew how I was feeling because they were going through the same thing. I was so scared, but I got help..and I know now that its not my fault or anyone elses that I feel this way I have a chemical deficiency and with anti-depressants I can be just like everyone else...just remember- Everyone has their own individual problems and although yours seem to be worse- others are thinking the same thing...you are not alone...

5.0 out of 5 stars It made me cry, Nov. 19 2001
Janettee Younger (Oklahoma City, OK USA) - See all my reviews
When I read this book, I was going through a lot of bad stuff. I had just lost my second closest friend to Luekemia, and my mother and another friend were unaccounted for in two of the areas hit in the Sept. 11 attacks. I was very depressed and thought maybe seeing how bad other people lives were would make my problems seem silly. The book didn't do that, but it allowed me to finally cry and feel better afterwards. I was able to grieve for my best friend, and have faith that those lost would be found. So thanks, you really have the power to touch other people's lives and make them better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, Nov. 26 2001
"krissypb" (Orlando, Fl USA) - See all my reviews
This was my favorite book. Everywhere I went, it went. Until one day I lost it! It is so horrible because I loved that book. It made me a better person as all the other chicken soup books do. So I still haven't found it, and am very upset. I never wanted to put it down! I would read about 4 stories every night before bed. And then another chapter during the day. I had another book I was reading at the same time but I automatically lost all interest in it when I started reading this book. I just wish I had it with me still. But hopefully I'll get it back or a new one.

5.0 out of 5 stars True help to teens in need, June 9 2002
This book is a great present to those teens, or even adults, who are having a hard time coping with different situations. This books helped me control my temper. A book I'd definately recommand to others, especially those pressured. A great gift for all ages.
I have all of the series, and all have helped. WHen you feel unhappy, angry, or even feel like you want to commit suicide, pick up this book; this can really calm you, for you'll then know that there are a lot of ppl more troubled than you, and they still go on in life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Day Situations, May 24 2002
The book basically talks about every day things that teenagers face day to day. It was a inspiration to me because it opened my mind up to realize all the positive things in life. The book opened doors to my future planning, career and thoughts that may be a good asset to me and I'm sure to many others. It lets you know your not the only one in life thats having problems. Its a calm layed back book that any one would be able to enjoy or relate to. Jacki Canfield you get two thumbs up. Keep up the good work!

Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01