5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul on Tough Stuff
I thought this was an excellent book. It talks about true stories that happened to people. It makes people feel better to know that other people out there are going through and dealing with the same situations. It makes people realize how good their life really is, and also how bad it could be. I would recommend this book to anyone, no matter what types of books they...
Published on May 24 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars The author of this book
Chicken Soup For The Teenage Soul : A Romantic Approach
By Jack Canfield
Published on Oct. 8 2002 by Jack Canfield

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love the new Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul!, Nov. 8 2001
This review is from: Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul on Tough Stuff: Stories of Tough Times and Lessons Learned (Paperback)
Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul on Tough Stuff was a book I feel all teenagers and for that matter adults should read. It really touched me. At times I cried, and at times I laughed. This book really touched home. It reminded me that no matter how bad my day was, there is someone that has gone through the same thing and maybe worse things that same day. I have all the Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul books and this is my favorite.
I hope others can recieve that same joy I recieved from it. This book like the others will serve as a devotional for me. Each story has some meaning or lesson that will touch home.

5.0 out of 5 stars How it helped me!, Nov. 7 2001
By A Customer
Hi I recently received Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul on Tough Stuff and I absolutely love it. I lost my mom two years ago and this book has really help me. I would recommend this book to anybody who is dealing with these problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing stories, Oct. 18 2001
By A Customer
I have read two of the other Chicken Soup books and enjoyed them very much. I have a teenager and when I saw this book I thought it would be good since we are all going through "tough times" right now. I sat down when I got home and decided to read a few of the stories and found mysled unable to stop. I cried for the girl who was made fun of and I cried for the students who expereinced such horror. But mostly I cried because I didn't have such a book to read when I was a teenager. I honestly beleive that if I had I would be a different person today. Each and every one of us needs this inspiration. Each one of us needs to remember our hearts and that we are all in this together.This book is a great tool for remembering.I suggest parents read it as well as their teens. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than a bowl of chicken soup, Oct. 18 2001
J. Vandrick - See all my reviews
Just like all of the other amazing Chicken Soup books, this one is full of "feel-good" stories that will make your feel all warm inside, as if you were eating a hot bowl of chicken soup. The stories in this book are focused on the tough stuff that teenages go through, and I'm sure any teenager can relate to this book in one way or another. It gives young adults inspiration, and is a wonderful collection of stories that will touch your heart and warm your soul.

1.0 out of 5 stars The author of this book, Oct. 8 2002
Chicken Soup For The Teenage Soul : A Romantic Approach
By Jack Canfield
There was no author more moving during the early 20th century than Mark Victor Hanson. Still, while scholars often feel Chicken Soup For The Teenage Soul is ponderous, it is one of Hanson's best-loved works. In this paper, I will show that Chicken Soup For The Teenage Soul is the most monumental example of Positivist writing ever created. Support for this claim is present in the following: (a) Hanson's skillful role in the British Colonialist school, (b) the reactionary views of Chicken Soup For The Teenage Soul's protagonist, Captain Lee, and (c) the author's use of human nature.
With words like "It was a terrible week in France," Hanson stakes his claim. As such, the words of the character Nick Sawyer ring true: "He sat in the chair." Mr. Maxwell is a ponderous character for this very reason; this all but proves my thesis, especially when Hanson's exploration of the tragic hero in the book is taken into account.
The lingering line of Chicken Soup For The Teenage Soul is, "Four years had passed since the fun county fair." (Hanson 84) This line is obviously the most famous, famous capitulation of Constructivist ideals Hanson would ever make. As such, the words of the character Moby Lewis ring true: "His face was bright as he looked at her." Hanson's point here is clear: religion and life are part and parcel.
How relevant that Chicken Soup For The Teenage Soul is often dismissed as little more than non-fiction! In the closing scene the reader is presented with a paradox: though the characters seem unable to escape wilderness, they are simultaneously famous and witless. This is clearly why Mr. Stephenson is such a reknown character; that's the teen assumption, at least.
Chicken Soup For The Teenage Soul is truly Hanson's most enduring contribution to mankind's continuing attempt to understand his own immortality. Perhaps it's time that scholars reevaluated their estimation of the book. Though contemporaries found Hanson's use of farce simple, history will vindicate Chicken Soup For The Teenage Soul. This book is perhaps the greatest employment of immortality mankind has ever seen.

ARRAY(0xbe496480)