5.0 out of 5 stars Coauthor, Roger Dean Kiser, March 22 2002
Roger D. Kiser Sr. (Brunswick, Georgia United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chicken Soup for the Grandparent's Soul: Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Grandparents (Paperback)
I am very honored to have coauthored this book along with many other (Grandparent) authors. My story "Hershey's Dark Chocolate", by Roger Dean Kiser, gives the reader(s) a different type of view. A prospective from a grandparent who was raised and abused, in a Jacksonville, Florida orphanage, for more than fifteen years ("Orphan, A True Story of Abandonment, Abuse and Redemption'). A Grandparent who thought that he was incapable of feeling love and/or affection for his grandchild, or for anyone else for that matter. However, the day came when this hard old man was bought to his kness by the simple words "Do you love me Papa?"I recommend this book to any and all persons who are raising children, married or single. This one book will give you an in-sight into certain knowledge held only by grandparents. Knowledge from someone with years and years of experience with children.There comes a time when parents finally change and they seem to mellow out, somewhat. This is the secret information that is held, and expressed, within the pages of this wonderful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a grandfather (of five) and I simply loved this book!, April 29 2002
Douglas Bendell "Matzo Man" (Lubavitch, Poland) - See all my reviews
I just don't know how the Chicken Soup people keep putting out such great books. There are so many of them and each has about 100 stories. Where do they get all of them? Frankly, after having read three others in the series, i didn't expect this one to be special in any way, but it surprised me alot. I found that the stories had such a wide variety of experiences that grandparents have today --- some that my own grandparents could never have had. I found just a few stories to be 'blah', but on the whole, most of the stories were either really touching or made me laugh out loud. I read several aloud to my children on the phoen becaause they reminded me of 5things that had happened in our house as my kids were growing up.
This book is an affirmation of grandparenting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup for the Grandparent's Soul, April 21 2002
Ann Rossi (Ormond Beach, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This book is about the love and caring of grandparents for their grandchildren. It contains so many heartfelt emotions that were put into words so beautifully that I was touched by them very much. My friend Debby Stoner was a contributor and I was so impressed by her writing skills and how she expressed the depths of her feelings for her grandson. The book was an easy read, supplied me with hours of pleasure and was difficult to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Same quality we expect from Chicken Soup and Alison too., April 14 2002
When going through this volume, I was pleased to see that in addition to the quality of submissions we expect, Alison Peters was one of the contributors! I have recently become familiar with her insightful, witty and warm stories when I purchased Stories for a Teen's Heart and Stories for the Extreme Teen's Heart. Good going Chicken Soup people, you've given us another fine read. Whatever else could we expect?

5.0 out of 5 stars This book isn't just for grandparents..., April 13 2002
I LOVED this book!! One might say it's because I contributed a story, but once you begin reading these heartwarming tales I'm sure you will agree. I laughed, I cried, I couldn't put this treasure down. If you are a grandparent, you will surely relate, but young or old, it's a must read. You will walk away with warm, fuzzy feelings, guaranteed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Collection of Wonderful Heartwarming Stories, April 7 2002
Jeanie (Troy, MT, United States) - See all my reviews
This is by far the best of the Chicken Soup Series to date. I had the honor of being a part of the reader panel for this book, so I have been waiting anxiously for it to come into print. This book makes a perfect gift for grandparents, grandchildren and anyone in between. This is worth every penny!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring Grandparents and their Loved Ones, July 25 2002
By A Customer
Thanks for another great book in the "Soup" series. We grandparents appreciate you celebrating us with this special book. We all need inspiration, and this book helps us all, whether we are a grandparent or not.

Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01