5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Yoga CD!!!!!, April 20 2004
This review is from: Yoga Sanctuary (Audio CD)
This is my first yoga cd I ever bought after having lots of videos and books. Anyway I bought it from soundstrue website at a fair price.I've done the cd twice already and I love it, you have lots of possibilities on these 2 cd's of tailoring your own workouts which she mentions in the nice booklet, you also get a beautiful big poster of all the asanas in the cd's by their order.In these yoga cd's there are a lot of challenging poses like in the balancing track, but the overall feeling I get from these cd's is very relaxing, probably because of Shiva's soothing voice and the beautiful music in the background, but you definetly get a good workout at a moderate pace.It is definetly a nice change from the usual videos /dvd's we do since you don't have to squint at the tv!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Yoga CD, June 10 2005
K. Bailey (Toronto, ON CAN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yoga Sanctuary (Audio CD)
I purchased Shiva's Shakti DVD and loved it. Thought I would try her CD. I love it more. It is so easy to use. You can pick which tracks you would like to do, or do them all. I can take it with me when I travel. It is very user friendly..helpful, when I am new to yoga. The background music is very relaxing and lovely. It has both beginner and advanced poses. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Yoga CD!!!!!, April 20 2004
This review is from: Yoga Sanctuary (Audio CD)
This is my first yoga cd I ever bought after having lots of videos and books, I don't understand why Amazon don't sell it anymore cuz it seems like a successful product. Anyway I bought it from soundstrue website at a fair price.I've done the cd twice already and I love it, you have lots of possibilities on these 2 cd's of tailoring your own workouts which she mentions in the nice booklet, you also get a beautiful big poster of all the asanas in the cd's by their order.In these yoga cd's there are a lot of challenging poses like in the balancing track, but the overall feeling I get from these cd's is very relaxing, probably because of Shiva's soothing voice and the beautiful music in the background, but you definetly get a good workout at a moderate pace.It is definetly a nice change from the usual videos /dvd's we do since you don't have to squint at the tv!

5.0 out of 5 stars good for intermediate and advanced beginners both..., Oct. 23 2000
Fortune R. Elkins "girlz-luv-macs" (brooklyn, ny United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yoga Sanctuary (Audio CD)
shiva rea's cd offers a lot of flexibility in designing a home practice. practing at home is an important part of yoga because it helps you integrate the benefits yoga offers into your life more readily. most people develop their home practice with video tapes, which are great as you want to watch to learn new postures.
but video tapes can be difficult (hard to rewind or adjust the volume while you're standing on your head!) and after you've used one or two a while, a little boring.
so this 2-cd set is incredibly useful. if you have a programmable cd player, you can easily create your own mix-n-match yoga practice by choosing the tracks you feel like doing that day. if you're tired, choose the slower, more meditative tracks; if you're feeling pumped, go with the more energetic, aerobic ones. this means less boredom than you might get with other home yoga instruction, and a more personal, customized practice.
if you're an intermediate student, she offers some advanced balance poses to challenge you, and you can set your cd player to repeat the more aerobic tracks for a serious yoga session; the advanced beginner can experiment with new poses, "kick it up a notch" with the crocodile (Chattarunga) vinyasa flow sequence, or refine the more familar asanas.
the set has sections that focus on balance, abdominals, hip stretching, strength building, general flexibility, fast flowing poses, and meditation. all this with a complete warm up and cool down. so this cd truly has something for you no matter what your particular needs may be. also, there's a great poster to help you visualize the poses in each section.
the drawback to this cd, to my mind, is that the only inversion offered is shoulderstand. and while you would probably expect the music on a yoga cd to be somewhat new age-y, the tunes here are a little flat and repetitive. during the fast-flowing sections, esp. the cd could have used a slightly faster pace.
overall, however, this is a *great* cd that every yogi and yogini should own as you strive to develop your home practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL!, March 31 2000
This review is from: Yoga Sanctuary (Audio CD)
One of the few hatha yoga guides that is accessible to both the weekend yoga warrior and the serious yoga-phile. Perfect for those who have an impacted schedule.

ARRAY(0xb00bdec4)

Yoga Sanctuary
Yoga Sanctuary by Shiva Rea (Audio CD - 2000)