Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

on November 18, 2000
This professional-looking hardcover is fairly small and not at all intimidating in appearance. Instead, the Reptile and Amphibian Problem Solver is a practical and readable reference for the beginner as well as an expert. A decent amount of space is allocated to selecting vivaria and substrates, creating an ambient atmosphere, and heating/lighting (although more information would be appreciated on the former, especially on the subject of keeping the vivarium cool, which is a constant challenge in the warmer climes). Reptile and amphibian care is listed separately. The entries are organized according to classification, similar species listed in a single group. Each entry is accompinied with brilliant photography, a Q&A section, and useful (although cluttered) rubrics concerning minimum vivarium dimensions, appropriate diets, temperature ranges, etc. Some entries also have breeding data rubrics. Common as well as fairly exotic species are covered (the book keeps an appropriately cautious tone when describing the exotics, which are likely to be captured in the wilderness and thus sometimes unsuitable for keeping). As an endorsement, I must say that after reading the Problem Solver I was confident enough to go and buy my first reptile.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2000
I work in a large pet store and every day we have questions on reptiles and amphibians. Whenever I cannot answer the question, I go get this book from the shelf. Most of the time I find an answer in it. I find answers to almost Every question from "what should this animal eat" to "Help my animal is sick!" If you are a new reptile owner or just have questions, get this book.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse