5.0 out of 5 stars A man after my own heart, Nov. 26 2013
Nicola Gladwell "Miss. Julie" (ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children From Nature-Deficit Disorder (Paperback)
I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to step off the path, who aches for kids to get off their couches and back into tree houses, out from the gaze of the TV to the gaze of the stars. Excellent for parents, teachers, or really anyone who works with kids at all : ).

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, lots of interesting points,, Sept. 23 2014
Interesting book, I am not sure if I agree with everything but I agree with most of it. I am a CYC worker and find it amazing how many youth are not exposed to nature on a daily basis or even a weekly basis. I find it important in my practice to get youth out and into nature and after reading this book I am even more sure of the reasons why. I think this is a good book for anyone doing program development or planning a group or even looking for reasons to get youth out into nature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, Dec 21 2013
Excellent resource book for those working with children and want to incorporate the outdoors into their program. I'd recommend it wholeheartedly.

5.0 out of 5 stars thought provoking, Oct. 18 2013
This book comes at the importance of nature from so many angles - from why you need to connect personally, to why (and how) your city planner should value "wild spaces", to how the school system could incorporate a nature-connection. You will want to read and re-read it. I particularly have been thinking through the "risks" that are inherent in nature, and letting kids take those risks. I had to return the library copy and knew I'd want to come back to this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars The most important thing you can do for our kids and the planet., June 13 2013
Louv makes a compelling case for getting our kids outside, and does it in an engaging way with personal anecdotes as well as enough statistics to prove his case. It turns out that playing outside in nature does more for children's physical, cognitive, social, and spiritual development than any other factor. And he includes courses of action, with examples, for parents, educators, policy-makers, faith communities, and others, making this not only an enjoyable read but also a practical handbook for change. The only drawback is a bit of repetitiveness, but that also serves to drive the points home. This book should be in the hands and on the shelves of every parent, educator, and policy-maker, for the health of our kids and of the planet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awakening, Dec 6 2012
For those of us already into what the outside world has to offer this books talks to the already converted.....but for those not aware of what the outside world offers it opens another aspect of life for the taking. Too many children and adults are tied to inside their four walls loosing the ability to relate to nature and what nature's survival means to their survival. An eye opener to those ready to absorb and act upon raising awareness. I purchased books for all the close families I know with children in hopes of raising their awareness of how we live inside all the time and making a difference to their children's future in nature.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "Sreen" is not the Best Teacher..., Oct. 29 2014
This book reminds us of the important value of nature in the our learning. We can't just depend of a "screen" to experience true learning...

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Sept. 19 2014
Great read.

4.0 out of 5 stars saving our children from nature-deficit disorder, Dec 8 2008
Ralph Gibbins - See all my reviews
I agree wholeheartedly with the author that many problems in our society stem from a disconnect from nature.

Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children From Nature-Deficit Disorder