5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless
Zig Ziglar is one of my favorite inspirational speakers. Wisdom, insight and personal experience are served up in this classic presentation. A worthwhile addition to the library of anyone who is interested in personal growth and satisfaction.
Published 3 months ago by Richdude

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too heavy on the "gospel"
Published on June 18 2003 by Cameron Scholtz

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too heavy on the "gospel", June 18 2003
This review is from: See You at the Top (Hardcover)
I read this book many years ago when I was in college and I wasnted re-read this version because it's been updated. I wish Hill's "Think And Grow Rich" and Carnegie's "How To Win Friends..." would do the same. They are better books than Zig's. Don't get me wrong "See You At The Top" is good. But it seems more gimicky given overuse of cutesy ryhmes. "Stinkin' Thinkin'", etc.
I didn't give it 5 stars because I feel he relies to much on telling other people's stories, instead of giving direct feedback and suggestions as to how to improve your life. The stories are nice but they are a lot of "filler".
Also he uses way too many "Jesus" anaolgies. A motivational book doesn't have to be so focused on Western Christianity. I'm not asking Zig to suppress his beliefs but he could have tried to be a little more understanding of the millions of readers who are not bible thumpers. There are many times in his book when he could have used a term like "Higher Power" instead of Jesus or even used examples from other world religions...since his book is in print in so many different languages.
If preachy or overly-religous story-telling is not your bag then skip this one and get one of the other books I mentioned above. Otherwise,this is a nice read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless, March 31 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Rose Coloured Glasses!, Jan. 23 2013
This man has a gift to lift you up and point out in a fasinating way how we set ourselves up for failure - a great CD to put in your car and listen to - his southern accent is engaging. A great listen or read (if you buy the book)

5.0 out of 5 stars A practical book suitable for everyone, Sept. 18 2003
"venus716" (Cheung Pui Shan,Venus,Department of Marketing, City University of Hong Kong) - See all my reviews
This review is from: See You at the Top (Hardcover)
I really like this book because I learnt a lot from this book. Although this book is about philosophy, but only a little theory involved. The concept of this book is easy to understand. The main theme of this book is the six steps to the top. Here is the summary of the book:
Step 1 Self-image: If you have a positive image, you can do everything well.
Step 2 Your relationship with others: The way you see them is the way you treat them. So, you better find the ¡§good¡ in other people and in every situation.
Step 3 Goals: Everyone should have at least one goal. The goal should be fulfilled four requirements: i.Big Goals, ii. Goals must be Long-range, iii. Goals must be daily, iv.Goals must be specific.
Step 4 Attitude: A right mental attitude helps you to build a positive life attitude.
Step 5 Work: Most successful people are really enjoyed their job.
Step 6 Desire: People have their own desire will became more successful.
These 6 steps are really useful in our daily life. The concepts of this book are practical and positive. It teaches us how to built a better future. After I read this book, I really feel more confident to my work. It was because this book teaches us that we should believe the concept of ¡§I CAN¡. Once you believe in yourself, you can do everything well.
The only bad point of this book is too much emphasis on religion. I am not fully understood some stories are about religion. Some sentences are even directly copied from the Bible. All in all, I do really like to read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book for individual development and personal success, Sept. 7 2003
Cheng Chung Yan, Joanne (Department of Marketing, City University of Hong Kong) - See all my reviews
This review is from: See You at the Top (Hardcover)
This book has many philosophies about how to get a better life. Zig Ziglar used of many real life examples and his personal experience to elaborate the formula to the top. Here are the six steps to the top:
1. Establish a healthy self-image: Image improves = performance improves
2. Build a good relationship with others: Always find ??Good?? in others
3. Set your goals: The only way to get to the top is to have a meaningful goal
4. Have a positive life attitude: React positively to negative situations
5. Work ?V Act now: Start your work to achieve the goals
6. Desire: Take whatever ability you have in whatever you are doing and utilize it to the maximum
Comments for book
1. Good self-help and practical book
It is a very good self-help book which helps you to build up a right mental attitude towards your life and your way of thinking. Those philosophies can be applied in the real world. For examples, no matter how the situation is, you attitude should be good all the time.
2. Easy to understand ?V by using examples and interesting stories
The formula to go to the top is easy to understand and very practical, for example, it suggests you to set your goals. Your goals should be big, long-range, daily and specific. It teaches you by illustrating how to set and what should it be very clearly.
3. Special way of problem solving - Strong faith in God and praying
Zig Ziglar is a Christian. His sharing of how to solve the difficulties by trusting and praying to the God is interesting. His past experience is one of the resources and problem solving method to the reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Success book for those who value old fashioned virtues, July 7 2003
This review is from: See You at the Top (Hardcover)
I read this book again "for the first time" (as an old commercial goes) and could not put it down. Zig's no-nonsense, old-fashioned approach to success is timeless! It is a worthwhile book to read for those who want to learn success from the soul outward. Some may consider the style and manner of this book as trite and arcane but in this day and age of guerilla business tactics this book is a still a breath of fresh air. This is one book you will come back to time and time again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Twenty years ago..., May 9 2003
alpha_wolf_one (North Salt Lake, Utah USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: See You at the Top (Hardcover)
More than twenty years ago, this book, along with a great friend from the Church played a pivotal role in helping me to turn my life around. The book amazingly does help lift a person from the depths of despair and doubt. It's principles are easy to put into practice. I found Zig Zigglar's style to be entertaining, great fun--he makes it easy to stay motivated and focus on the most important principles in life that seem so easily lost. SEE YOU AT THE TOP made me laugh for the first time in such a long time. Now, I am refreshing my attitude with OVER THE TOP. I got the two-tape version. That was outstanding so I got the book and I'm not disappointed. I always wanted to thank Zig somehow, and I should have found a way to do that.

5.0 out of 5 stars 9 Steps to Get to the Top, July 6 2002
This review is from: See You at the Top (Hardcover)
Recommend this to everyone ~ it will help motivate you to reach your goals.
The premise is simple: We all hold the keys to our own success, and we deserve it. It is not accidental but deliberate and takes hard work.
1) Success starts with self-image because you are the only one who can make that possible. Before you convince anyone else, you have to convince yourself.
2) Successful people are ¡°Good Finders¡±; they look for the good in other people. ¡°You can have anything in your life, if you help others get what they want¡±. (page 57)
3) No goals = no game. Activity is not accomplishment. Don¡¯t be a wandering generality. Goals should be big, long range, daily and specific.
4) Unlimited possibilities. Records were meant to be broken. Until Roger Bannister ran the four-minute mile, most thought it was physically impossible. After his achievement, people broke the record constantly.
5) Work as a team. There is a limit to what you can accomplish by yourself. Example: Geese fly 72% farther by flying together.
6) Attitude is everything. It determines the outcome. While you cannot control the environment, you (and only you) can control your attitude. The pessimist says. ¡°I will believe it when I see it.¡± The optimist says, ¡°I will see it when I believe it.¡± (page 206)
7) Create good habits because habits define our lives. Example: The average teenage student watches 17,000 hours of television before they graduate high school.
8) Successful people enjoy their work.
9) Keep going. "The price of success is less than the price of failure". (page 33)

5.0 out of 5 stars The mother of all self-help books!!, June 13 2002
Kerry C. Camp "kcc67" (Texas) - See all my reviews
If you only buy one book about success this should be it! Zig Ziglar is a man of faith and positive vision. His philosophy is summarized in the idea that we are born to help others. Furthermore, by helping others we will be able to achieve our own goals. Zig writes in an anecdotal style that is delightful and easy to read. His writing will challenge you, make you laugh and shine the light of introspection upon your priorities. What is it you want to accomplish? Zig will show you the steps of procession that will guide you to the top and to your ultimate life goal. I could not more highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars See You at the Top., June 4 2002
chris (Bend, Oregon USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: See You at the Top (Hardcover)
Just the book that i was looking for. See You at the Top gets right down to the how to of living a happy and sucsessful life. This is not boring reading. Interesting storys are used to illistrate points.

See You at the Top
See You at the Top by Zig Ziglar (Hardcover - Sept. 28 2000)
Used & New from: CDN$ 1.46