5.0 out of 5 stars Finnaly... A GOOD Guide!
All I can say, well, is that I finnaly found the answer to my constant Diablo 2 Problems! This book containes pure, helpfull information on all the charector classes and skills. These well explained definitions also contain helpfull strategy tips and wondefully illustrated pictures. Theis Guide also has an amazingly descriptive guide on each quest throughout the...
Published on Sept. 3 2000 by atreides128

2.0 out of 5 stars Worst Strategy guide ever purchased
This is the worst strategy guide I ever bought: Why?
1. No strategy. Is this spell better than that?? This book will give you no such info.
2. 40% of the book is pictures and tables.
3. Quest info is pretty limited.
4. Read it in 30 minutes (due to lack of content)
The reason I buy strategy guides is to help me understand the logic of the...
Published on Sept. 10 2000 by Apostolos Moussamas

2.0 out of 5 stars Worst Strategy guide ever purchased, Sept. 10 2000
Apostolos Moussamas (Athens Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diablo II Official Strategy Guide (Paperback)
This is the worst strategy guide I ever bought: Why?
2. 40% of the book is pictures and tables.
3. Quest info is pretty limited.
4. Read it in 30 minutes (due to lack of content)
The reason I buy strategy guides is to help me understand the logic of the game and help me through some rough spots. This book did not help. I found much better info on the web.
By comparision the Diablo I strategy guide was much better, provided more strategy and it helped me defeat the Butcher. This is the first time I write an online review for a book. And I would not do so if the book was not so lame

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, Dec 26 2005
RPG Master (belleville, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Horrible.
Don't think of buying it.You would be better off playing with your eyes closed!
Granted, it does give you a couple of good hints but other than that, POOP!

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of *!@$ (DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY), June 3 2002
This review is from: Diablo II Official Strategy Guide (Paperback)
if you ever play D2, do not buy this guide, I did when it was brand new, then you know what happened? They released version 1.02, and changed every skill stat, and item stat in the game, making every chart in the entire flippin book worthless. And even the writers opinions were killed because all the changing was to "change the balance" which makes other things more powerful than before, and some things less. As I write this, I still play D2 (quite obsesively) and we are now on patch 1.09 so even the expansion pack strategy guide, is out of date (based on 1.07) and it is now rumoured that version 1.10 is comming out soon. I sometimes look in my strategy guide and look at an item's stats, then look at the item in my inventory on the game and compare stats, all I can think about is laughing at how I wasted $20 on this when it was new. :(

1.0 out of 5 stars sorry book, Dec 23 2001
This review is from: Diablo II Official Strategy Guide (Paperback)
This book is just sorry.. I never thought that wasting (money) for this thing would kill me like that. Its better if you just play it normally by yourself or log on and use (an online site). thats the way i had to do it, cuz the book only tells you how to kill diablo with the 5 Diablo 2 characters. They should really put more work into the book, cuz it just plain sucks... I suggest that who ever thinks of buying this book, is way better off by playing it their own way. Thats the way i had to do it, so its just a good suggestion.

2.0 out of 5 stars Something for stupid people, May 31 2001
Brian Duda "Brian Duda" (Athol, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diablo II Official Strategy Guide (Paperback)
The only thing I found useful in this guide was the list of items. Everything else in the guide has either been outdated, or is just some crap opinion from some guy saying that "It would be powerful if you did this..." and it's really only something useful in a single player game when you're just messing around.
I suggest to anyone that plays Diablo2, to just enjoy the game and look up anything they need to know about items on websites. All the other info in this book is pretty much useless, and becomes your own knowledge within a week of playing on your own anyways!

1.0 out of 5 stars this guide sux..., March 6 2001
This review is from: Diablo II Official Strategy Guide (Paperback)
this guide sux! it doesnt give any overall characterstrategies, and tells you everything you DONT need to know aboutquests - i dont care how to find the boss, tell me how to kill him! italso makes the bad skills seem good, which caused me to WASTE SKILLPTS on them. it also doesnt show how good some skills are. the guidesdoesnt show the damages for weapons, or even mention exceptionalitems. blizzards official website gives more info, and for free! italso has more pictures, and in color. i thought the guide would giveinformation not on the site - which MOST guides do. but no, it wasjust a waste of money. id get a better guide if i went to kinkos andtold them to print out and bind the whole blizz site.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'd rate it with .5 stars!, March 1 2001
This review is from: Diablo II Official Strategy Guide (Paperback)
Too bad one-half of a star isn't an option, because this is by FAR the worst strategy guide I've had the misfortune of buying. I'd played through Act I and was starting Act II when I bought this guide, and when I leafed through the pages, I realized how gypped I was! A majority of the information is outdated, now that I have the newest patch. I've got first hand experience with the game, and this is really inaccurate. If you want a decent guide for this game, hope Prima makes one. They know how to do it, their Diablo guide was awesome. BradyGames should call them up and take notes. This game guide is missing weapon and monster details. People want details in a game like this. Even the quest section is bad. It gives a brief, ineffective walkthrough. And, not that it hampers comprehension, but there are spelling and grammatical errors abound. I only recommend buying this if you are a die-hard fan of the game.

2.0 out of 5 stars Outdated, Feb. 15 2001
This review is from: Diablo II Official Strategy Guide (Paperback)
This strategy guide has several problems.
First, it was outdated since the first patch of Diablo II to 1.03. Several skill tables are just not true anymore.
Then it is not complete. No normal item descriptions, requirements, exceptional items, detailed monster information are just not there.
The Chaos Sanctuary at Blizzard's website is better than this book.
I'm playing Diablo II since its release; both with single player and with realm characters.

2.0 out of 5 stars A dissapoinment., Feb. 2 2001
This review is from: Diablo II Official Strategy Guide (Paperback)
I was greatly disappointed by this book. The layout is very good, but most of the character and quest info can be found in the game manual as well. I had hoped for more information in subjects like Cube recipes. The item charts, including unique items lists and set items attributes are useful, especially if you don't have Internet access. If you do, pass on. The bestiary is interesting, but in my opinion it could include the number of experience points each monster gives you. Overall, I think it was fun to read, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hardcore Diablo Fan??? Not with this book, Jan. 12 2001
Zach (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diablo II Official Strategy Guide (Paperback)
After extensively playing all 5 classes through Nightmare and Hell difficulties, i decided to read this book while browsing in a shop... Wow... Whoever wrote this obviously never played the game more extensively then Act I, and if you ever want to build a decent character, avoid this guides advice at all costs... Examples: Necromancers revives do NOT benefit anything from additional points to revive, neither do their skeletons or skeleton mages... Thats what Skeleton Mastery does... Terrible guide... don't buy it! Izawwlgood

Diablo II Official Strategy Guide
Diablo II Official Strategy Guide by Bart G. Farkas (Paperback - June 23 2000)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01