4.0 out of 5 stars Moon Publications "South Pacific", Jan. 31 2002
Ron Axelrod (Peabody, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moon South Pacific (Paperback)
I used this book recently in my travels to the South Pacific. Although alot of the prices are outdated(which is difficult to keep up with as travel books are concerned , 4 stars insted of 5)it still makes an excellent REFERENCE. I recommend this travel book over the Lonely Planet version.

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended, March 16 2000
Peter Swanson (Missoula, Montana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moon South Pacific (Paperback)
I sailed the South Pacific in '99. Stanley gets a little deeper into the heart of the islands than the L.P. books, and he's not so timid when dealing with the grittier issues. Always compared the two, and always thought he was a step up.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have guide for the South Pacific, Sept. 9 2013
Diana E. Young "Diana Young" (Vernon, B.C., Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moon Handbooks South Pacific (Paperback)
My edition is now totally dog-eared and in rough condition, which means of course that it is a great book. I’ve used it since 2007 when we left on our sailing trip from Vancouver (currently in Australia).
This guide covers all the major topics as on overview for all of the South Pacific Islands with Pitcarin Islands being the most easterly and the Solomon Islands being the most westerly.

If you only take one book with you while in the South Pacific, this would be a good recommendation. As I love guide books and learning as much as possible about the islands we sailed to, I also got other “destination” guides to complement this Moon Handbook.

Diana Young- World Traveler – currently sailing in the South Pacific for six months and #1 Amazon Best-selling author of Financial Fitness for Beginners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent info on the Cook Islands, Feb. 11 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Moon South Pacific (Paperback)
Hi--- I live on Rarotonga, in the Cook Islands.
I think David Stanley's chapter on the Cooks is excellent. If you are planning to visit here, I suggest you get his guidebook.

Moon Handbooks South Pacific
Moon Handbooks South Pacific by David Stanley (Paperback - Dec 3 2004)
Used & New from: CDN$ 3.91