5.0 out of 5 stars More than an intro!
In this book, I discovered the world of Dragons. I enjoyed the easy reading of D.J. Conway's style of writing.
Published 14 months ago by Pierre Benoit

1.0 out of 5 stars Egads.. another book of crap.
I bought this book, having had it recommended by a friend.. but, it turned out to be a waste of money. The art was nice, and I would like some more specific labels as to where the art came from.. but the information.. now that was definately faulty.
Published on Dec 18 2003 by Anqui

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Egads.. another book of crap., Dec 18 2003
This review is from: Dancing with Dragons: Invoke Their Ageless Wisdom & Power (Paperback)
To pick a few points, dragons don't specifically enjoy/want to help/find it necissary to help anyone. They don't all enjoy dancing. They have varying sizes, and full grown dragons CAN be smaller than tigers. Christians aren't the only people to make dragons evil, but other cultures usually didn't have all dragons as being evil. The chinese colour for west is not blue, its white, blue is north-east. They have 8 directions, not including the center. Dragons do not have any need to respect a sword or any other weapon, being astral beings, a physical weapon cannot harm them, though when a dragon soul is born in a physical body (ie; a human) they would respect weapons.. as would anyone else. Dragons are not necissarily elemental, and usually can work with most/all elements. There are hundreds apon thousands of draconic scripts, and not all dragons are literate.. and whats with the gong thing?

5.0 out of 5 stars More than an intro!, Feb. 10 2013
Pierre Benoit (Pierrefonds, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, July 1 2004
There is certainly some good stuff in this book, but it wasn't as good as I hoped.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good book...., Oct. 18 2003
"sairys" (rockledge, FL) - See all my reviews
This is a very well written book, there isnt THAT much mythology in it, but it does give good teachings on the elemental dragons and their power. To me, there seems to be too much ritualistic chapters, too many chants. I think it could have been better with alot more description on the mythology and descriptions of each kind of dragon, not a short description, then a spell. It should have had alot more 'histpry' and menaing in the descriptions. But overall, it is a pretty good book for the Dragon path followers. The lists of inscense and candles, are basic Wiccan/Druid/Shamanistic etc knowledge that you could find in most books on those subjects. I Recommend this book for the intermediate/beginner in the Dragon Path, it helped me alot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo! Perfect for the dragon lover!, June 28 2003
Robin M Goffinet (Richmond, IN United States) - See all my reviews
As a dragon lover, this book is a wonderful read. It tells about almost every type of dragon you can think of and how to work with them. Explains alot of misconceived myths about dragons. I have some dragons of my own and this book helps me know how to interact with them. Wonderful book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Dragon lover and admirer, April 18 2003
Chirl Draco (physically-Reno mentaly-astraand trying to have fun) - See all my reviews
Well I am about 25% thru the book,and for what I have read of the book has been helpful to me so far.I have been an admirer of Dragons for years(about 15 years minumin).Plus I have beeen doing my best in walking the Pagan life(I am a solitary)with no definate path till about a week ago when got introduce into the Dragon tradtion and this book and it has been helpful.
I do not mind atall if people disaprove of my beliefs but as along as they do it in a respectful way and I will in return.I know that I am not the perfect person,but for the knowledge I have gained in the last roughly year has help me and along with my Dragon compagian/friend.All I can say is from my knowledge is all they really want atleast is to respect them and accept them for who they are(atleast) and as the relatioship grow sam thing with the respect and accepting and such.They do love humans but they are scared(in so many words).So basicly is do your best in being open with them and help them at the same time(to the best of your abilities)and they will in return.SO basicly is love them to the best you can

5.0 out of 5 stars Look at that cover!, March 6 2003
Kort "Art, Music, Book & Movie Enthusiast" (Boca Raton, FL, United States) - See all my reviews
Great artwork by Lisa Hunt!

4.0 out of 5 stars i love dragons too..., Jan. 22 2003
By A Customer
...and I was really glad that the author did not revert to depicting dragons as nothing but cruel and ruthless beasts. Those who think I'm a 'fluffy bunny pagan' because I enjoyed the way Conway emphasized that these fantastic creatures are powerful yet also can be good friends and partners in ritual are COMPLETELY missing the point of this book as well as quite a few pagan traditions. I thought that the light AND dark aspects of dragons were covered very well in this book, as well as the elemental dragons and how to incorporate dragons into various rituals. One thing that I can agree with another reviewer about (and the reason I didn't give this book five stars) was that I too wanted to read a bit more about contacting guardian dragons! I got the impression that just because they are not as powerful as the larger dragons (they are considered the dragons-in-training, so to speak), they were not deemed as important. Also, I would like to have heard a little bit more about Welsh lore surrounding dragons (the one fact mentioned was the obvious fact that the flag of Wales has a red dragon on it). Finally, and just a minor bone to pick--it is mentioned that the author believes it is justified to use magick to oppose 'evils in society' and then proceeds to name child molesters, rapists, murderers, and drug offenders (!!!??) Which of these things are not like the other? The first three cause egregious harm to other people, the latter is only doing something different than a beerdrinker in the arbitrary eyes of the law. As someone who feels that drug users are treated as needlessly awfully as pagans, The Nancy Reagan stance, while only mentioned once, irked me a bit, but I'm sure most other people reading wouldn't even notice it. Other than that, I am really grateful this book was written and can't wait to start using the techniques described in my own rituals. A final great point in the book was the comment on how dragons mistrust humans because of all the 'slaying the dragon' nonsense so common throughout history, which the author very intelligently draws as a parallel between Christianity 'slaying' Paganism...Reading this book, as a lover of all non-human animals, I once again was disgusted with my species' desire to dominate and hurt those they deem 'below them'--not just dragons, but all animals. I might also add that love and respect for non-human creatures and the natural habitat in which they live is one of the parts of Wicca I love most--and those who think this aspect of it is 'fluff bunny' are a bunch of fools.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS A REALY GOOD BOOK, Jan. 17 2003
zagam hayat (manchester, england) - See all my reviews
I GOT THIS BOOK TO FIND OUT SOME STUFF ABOUT DRAGONS. AND I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!. I HAVE GOT A LITTLE GUARDIAN DRAGON AND IM ONLY 13. MY DRAGON COME'S AND GOES AS HE LIKES AND ALWAYS LETS ME KNOW WHEN HE IS THERE. HE IS FIERY RED COLOUR.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hm.. I believe in dragons but her book?, Jan. 13 2003
The book tells you about history of dragons, tools you can use, spells that you recite, etc. It's pretty neat. The reason I gave it a three is because a friend commented that a lot of the stuff she has written down were too glamorous. You don't need to do all that to contact a dragon. I've noticed towards the book, she was rushing with "start with the spell I told you earlier and say the stuff below." and sometimes I don't know if it meant to add or to replace a few things, etc. And finally, what made me knock it down to three stars was she never gave out anything to contact guardian dragons (It caught my attention and I wanted to attempt contacting one since she said they were fun and mischievous). I saw a little chant but again, the friend pointed out that chant was no way to contact them. I feel, overall, this book is missing a few things to make it complete. However, at the end of the book, you'll find detailed information about herbs and stones that you can use in your rituals.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa5e0496c)

Dancing with Dragons: Invoke Their Ageless Wisdom & Power
Dancing with Dragons: Invoke Their Ageless Wisdom & Power by D.J. Conway (Paperback - Sept. 8 2002)
CDN$ 21.95 CDN$ 15.85