5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful
Although I am no longer into the occult, which is how I wound up buying this deck, these cards are extremely beautiful. I have the major arcana in a frame on my wall, and some of the minor arcana on display in other parts of my bedroom.
If you are looking into buying a deck of tarot cards, especially if you are a collector, this one is definitely recommended.
Published on June 17 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars beautiful deck but...
i just bought this deck to replace an old deck that was ruined by water, and while i'm pretty happy with the cards themselves, the book and explanations are severely lacking. i do not like the switch of swords & wands, or the renaming of a couple cards. i'm not into dragons in a magick sense, so all the stuff about them was pretty heavy handed. but the part that made...
Published on April 9 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, June 17 2004
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tarot Kit., Dec 28 2013
This review is from: The Celtic Dragon Tarot Kit (Cards)
If your into Tarot and love Dragons this is for you. It comes with a book that has everything you need to know. The art work on the cards look beautiful. Good to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, Dec 9 2013
Ms. Bonnie J. Cameron "Witchy Witch" (Penetanguishene, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celtic Dragon Tarot Kit (Cards)
This deck is amazing. I enjoy the way symbolism is explained. The interpretations are a little different from what I normal have read studying tarot, so this is refreshing and brings you to reality, taking responsibility for actions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly wonderful!, Feb. 10 2013
Pierre Benoit (Pierrefonds, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celtic Dragon Tarot Kit (Cards)
The cards are beautiful and the interpretations excellent. I use this Celtic Dragon tarot on a regular basis. And as I do, it becomes easier and more fun. Helped me to understand a few things about my life and some were quite deep.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing Tarot Deck., Dec 6 2002
Jason C. Olmo "Jackal" (Fairview Heights, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celtic Dragon Tarot Kit (Cards)
Well, first the negative. I agree that the book lacks information for beginners. The card descriptions and stories are well written but information about divining is very lacking. It details four different spreads but only offers roughly a one page explanation of each. Beside this point I'm fairly fond of most of Conway's writings. As far as Tarot readings I've found that Tarot in Ten Minutes by R.T. Kaser is very useful.
The cards themselves are amazing. I'd highly recommend them to anyone. Very beautiful and the place values are clearly written. One thing to note. The Hierophant in this deck is renamed the High Priest and the Devil is called Chains. This was explained as the original names having nothing to do with Pre-Christian Celtic Spirituality. Also this deck features the Sword suit as Fire and the Wands as Wind. I prefer this layout but some people might disagree with it if they are used to more traditional decks. All and all I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tarot Cards, Aug. 19 2009
Matthew Dacar - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celtic Dragon Tarot Kit (Cards)
1st time User i love it and found it superb! SHIPPing and everyting else was decent! DEFENENTLY BUY THIS! funny thing i got these tarot for 33 dollars with shopping! around there! on the box they said 43.00 they ussually sell them for! also my nearest Magick store sells them for 49.00 so def great buy and id buy from this person anytime and anyday thanks a lot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Like A Best Friend, May 11 2004
This review is from: The Celtic Dragon Tarot Kit (Cards)
I love dragons so this was like meeting up with a best friend I hadn't seen in ages. When I opened the package, my eyes were filled with soft, yet very evocative images. While I may call them soft, they are definitely not too feminine so men shouldn't be turned off by this deck.
The deck itself felt really good in my hands. You can tell this was a labor of love. The cards were slightly firm, yet easy to shuffle. The lamination is just right. The artwork on the cards is absolutely beautiful but this is so much more than just another one of those 'pretty' decks that are all flash yet have no substance. These cards are filled with haunting stories all their own and you don't necessarily need to read the companion book to get caught up in the tales. Lisa Hunt is a wonderful artist and her knowledge of dragons and tarot really shines through here.
The book is filled with useful information on interpretation and there are some spreads to help you get started. In addition to this, there are even dragon spells, meditations, and a small section on candle colors, their uses, and stone powers is also included. The author, D. J. Conway weaves each of the cards into a very informative, yet not overdone explanation of the symbolism, and then gives a brief, but well thought out divinatory meaning. The only drawback I've found is that the book does not include a reversal section with the divinatory meanings. It's only a minor flaw though.
I have used this deck since it first came out and let me tell you, it's stood the test of time, unlike certain other decks where the lamination begins to peel or wear off almost immediately. I've found the Celtic Dragon Tarot to be an excellent tool for meditation as well as reading. I always have this deck on hand for my fellow dragon fan clients. I highly recommend this deck to anyone from novice to expert and of course, to any dragon fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Deck!!!, April 29 2004
M. J. Tarnawskyj (NSW, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celtic Dragon Tarot Kit (Cards)
First off.. I would like to say that I am a bit of of a DJ Conway fan and when I found out that there are 2 tarot decks with her name on it.. I ordered this one. I just got the Celtic Dragon Tarot a few days ago and I must say that i am exceptionally impressed with it. In fact, I was blown away. Why? First off.. the cards are simply superb.. done in a way that anyone who uses them will feel comfortable with it as soon as they have it in their hands. Secondly, the book has the meaning of each card in it as well some magic spells to go with it. And lastly, but not the least, is that this deck is flexible for anyone in that you can use the system in the book (no reverse meanings)or stick to the traditional keyword system (has reverse meanings). (...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly beautiful, Feb. 8 2004
Kelli Riffle "kelliko70" (Princeton, WV, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celtic Dragon Tarot Kit (Cards)
You do not have to be a dragon lover to like these cards. I gave it a 5 because the cards are so beautiful. However, the book can be difficult to read and in some cases, the descriptions do not seem to match the cards themselves. I would not really recommend these cards to beginners, but if they speak to you, get them. You probably will not be disappointed. The images on the cards tend to speak for themselves, but if you're looking for specific meanings, the book can be very confusing and you may need to cross-reference with another book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtakingly beautiful cards, Jan. 2 2004
Kelli Riffle "kelliko70" (Princeton, WV, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celtic Dragon Tarot Kit (Cards)
When I bought this deck, I was hoping it would be nice. I was amazed. This deck is absoutely gorgeous and very impressive. I was definitely not disappointed and everyone who has seen it has had the same reaction. If you love dragons and want to work with powerful and accurate cards, get this deck. You won't be disappointed.

The Celtic Dragon Tarot Kit
The Celtic Dragon Tarot Kit by Lisa Hunt (Cards - Oct. 8 1999)
CDN$ 47.50 CDN$ 29.78
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available