5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in-depth work by a true professional
Published on Feb. 1 2004 by Mr. A. J. Baker

3.0 out of 5 stars Is this the truth and the author legitimate?
Published on Aug. 15 2001 by Deana Conrad

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in-depth work by a true professional, Feb. 1 2004
Mr. A. J. Baker "Andy" (Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives (Paperback)
This is a very interesting book, in which the author describes a profound and enlightening model of the world. Newton's views are affirmed by his field of work, where he takes his clients into deep hypnosis to gain 'soul-information' about the true nature of reality and the purpose of our lives. The author writes with such integrity and passion, I am personally convinced that Newton is the real deal.
The underlying message of the book - and frankly the good news - is that there is a bigger picture, that there is divine, loving purpose to life, and that our souls continue to live after death in the spirit world - (i.e. Paradise). Of course, this message is not 'news' at all, but rather basic wisdom which has been expressed in some form or another since the dawn of mankind. This book's message is aligned with the ongoing advancement of our evolutionary human awareness, and provides us with great detail into the nature of the bigger picture beyond the 'veil' of our clouded finite perspective.
Newton's clients affirm that life on the Other Side is our real 'homely' existence, and that our souls can re-incarnate as many times as we like on physical planes such as earth, in order to face challenges and trials which simply don't exist in Paradise. (A good way to interpret the nature of our short lives on earth is to perceive them as quick trips to the gym which advance our spiritual muscle and learning better than we could in the 'cotton wool' realm of the eternal spirit world.)
For each trip to earth, we can choose our own bodies, (the greater the physical challenge, the greater potential for spiritual advancement - hence, disabled bodies are actually blessings in disguise); we choose the timing of our incarnation and the conditions of our upbringing, and overall, our degree of wisdom and spiritual enlightenment throughout life is determined generally by our soul's level of growth and advancement. (I.e. materialistic or shallow folk might be beginners at the game of life, whilst wise and spiritually mature folk have probably done the rounds many times before). It is true that more and more great writers - including many advanced psychics- are singing off exactly the same hymn-sheet, affirming Michael Newton's model of the world. ...
All in all, I believe that "Destiny of Souls", and its counterpart "Journey of Souls", will stand the test of time, and provides humanity with another stepping stone towards an enlightened perspective of the way things really are.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most interesting studies of "what's it all about"!, April 20 2013
For over 20 years I have been searching for truth, the mystery of life, how it is orchestrated, where life begin, what happens when we die, why "bad things happen to good people" and many other inexplicable scenarios. The intrigue of the case studies presented, how past lives relate to current issues and the structure of souls groups is fasciating. Although I do not agree with all of Dr. Newton's personal conclusions, it is apparent that he is adept with his questioning and the presentation of material that he has gathered from his clients while under hypnosis. Much food for the thoughts of a curious mind! Thank you Michael.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, March 11 2013
Totally fascinated by this book. Those who believe in reincarnation will be very impressed with the information Michael Newton has succeeded in obtaining from different persons in deep hypnosis. Incredible information on life after death.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, But Read Journey of Souls First, April 23 2002
Imperial Topaz (Marrakesh, Morocco) - See all my reviews
Since the reviewers below have done such an excellent job of summarizing the book's important points, I won't. But even though this book was very interesting, and can be read on its own, there were several references to material contained in his first book, Journey of Souls, which made me wish I had read it first. If you haven't already read Journey of Souls, my advice would be to order these two books together, and read that one first.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Worths More than 5 Stars!, Jan. 3 2001
I read M. Newton's first book (Journey of Souls)about 5 years ago, and I couldn't wait for a follow-up.... finally, it's here! I am a "spiritual student" since the past 35 years, and I read tons of books about OBE, after-life, lucid dreaming, astral travel, Soul Travel, etc. This book sums it all up because Michael Newton tells a non-biais account of what happens BETWEEN lives....
We've all read about the "Tunnel of Light" seen by those who've had near-death experiences, the call of Light Beings, the account of those who "saw" dead relatives talk to them while they were still living, etc.... Destiny of Souls makes an account of about 70 cases where people tell what REALLY happen after a person "translates" (dies.) The author goes a step further than light tunnel, and so forth.
Moreover, there is a common thread among all those (all of us really!) who goes through this process: the love of dear ones that welcome us after departing from this Earth world, a personal spiritual being who guides us to our rightful place, the summary of our past life in a "holographic library," the Council of Elders who help us sort our different experiences (past and future), the choice of our new body (male or female, since Soul is androgenous) for a new incarnation on this planet - or elsewhere in the universe! -
All in all, an excellent book which will give hope to anyone seeking (and hoping) for something beyond the veil of death... For years, I was a practitioner of astral travel and today I learned the subtle art of Soul Travel (taught by ECK Masters,) which goes much further than "limited" astral travel, so I was able to validate my own personal experiences through reading some of the accounts in Newton's book.
A must read for the REAL spiritual student of all ages!

3.0 out of 5 stars Is this the truth and the author legitimate?, Aug. 15 2001
Destiny of Souls and it's predecessor Journey of Souls are very entertaining. I can't help thinking though that they are a little too pat. If it is this easy to regress subjects to their past lives and the time in between, why aren't more scientists and theologins doing it? It seems a bit strange that Dr. Newton finds it so easy to dredge up all this information by himself. It would be way too easy to just make all this up while hiding behind a cloak of subject anonymity. I hope his stories are true, but what solid evidence does he supply in support of these tales? The claim that he has regressed 70 plus people? It makes me a bit skeptical.

4.0 out of 5 stars Did the author corroborate his findings?, April 20 2004
By A Customer
I thought the book was interesting, but it seemed like the author should have researched obituaries of people (e.g. the couple that drove off a cliff in California) in the newspapers. Perhaps that could be another book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, Jan. 26 2004
T. L. Smalley (Ohio) - See all my reviews
It was no accident that I came across this book! I've read it twice now and each time I see something new that resonates with my own inner knowing and truth. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that there is life between lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome awesome awesome, Jan. 14 2004
this is truely an awesome book....I have both in this collection.I picked this book up and could not put it down.I loved it so much I had to tell everyone I knew about it so I could have someone to talk to about it.This is one of those books that really make you think about who you are, where you have been and where you are going.Dont be suprised if you catch yourself looking in the mirror after reading this book and saying I see you...lol

5.0 out of 5 stars sequel, Dec 3 2003
By A Customer
If you have read "Journey of Souls" and liked it, buy this book. It goes into abit more detail, rather than presenting the overview of "Journey of Souls", and is written a little differently. Not quite as easy a read as the first book, but for the interested, this won't matter a whit.
Overall, Dr. Newton's books are wonderful, and strongly in need of follow-up by more authors.

ARRAY(0xb63e89fc)

Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives
Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives by Michael Newton (Paperback - May 8 2000)
CDN$ 20.95 CDN$ 15.12