5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting and Joyful, Jan. 30 2003
This review is from: The Passionate Palate: Recipes for Cooking Up a Delicious Life (Paperback)
I bought this for my sister when she was going through a stressful time and of course I read it before I sent it to her. I loved it. And she told me later that it was just what she needed. She loved it. We both loved it.
It is a delightful, cheery book with sweet messages about living life fully.

4.0 out of 5 stars FATTENING, BUT FUN, Dec 24 2002
Annabel Lee "Kitchen Witch" (East Coast, United States) - See all my reviews
I love this book because each page is chock-full if ideas and inspirations. The author makes you feel as if your mama has her arms around you and is telling you that everything is gonna be alright. Along with the many recipes, there are suggestions for making your life fuller and richer, in every way, every day.
The ONLY complaint I have is that so many of the recipes are fattening and not very good for you. YES, I KNOW that this book is about comfort & joy, but loving yourself means also taking good care of yourself, so I DO wish there were more recipes that were lower in fat, higher in nutrients.
But for occasional calories-rich treats and anytime self-hugs, this book is great!

The Passionate Palate: Recipes for Cooking Up a Delicious Life
The Passionate Palate: Recipes for Cooking Up a Delicious Life by Desiree Witkowski (Paperback - Oct. 8 1999)
Used & New from: CDN$ 1.72