Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

Spencer's Mountain
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:$23.74+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on December 18, 2003
This past summer I had the good fortune of visiting the hometown of Earl Hamner, author of Spencer's Mountain and creator of the television series The Waltons.
I happened to be in central Virginia on vacation and realized we were within 40 miles of Schuyler. This is a small town in the Blue Ridge mountains that happens to be the home of this gifted story teller.
From this visit I have acquired a new found love for all things Waltons.
Earl Hamner takes snippets from his life and turns them into earthy portrayals of growing up in a poor family and of "coming of age". It seems like we all have faced questions, problems, trials and triumphs like this.
This book was enjoyable to read and entertaining. I really couldn't help visualizing the tv family we all know... I guess that's what a well known classic show will do to you.
If you like the Waltons or stories from the depression era this book will appeal to you.
on December 1, 2000
If you enjoyed watching The Walton's on TV, you will probably enjoy Spencer's Mountain, since apparently the show was based-on this book. The names are different, and you get a greater sense of the financial and social challenges facing the family, and there is no radio for the family to gather around after dinner, but it is very much the same story. If you can get past the differences in the names, you will be rewarded with a pleasant read, especially if read just before you drift off to sleep at night. Good night, John-boy.
on July 4, 2014
Finally!!! I've been asking for this book in Kindle for years. I was thrilled to finally read this book. I loved it! It was everything I thought it would be. If you are a fan of The Walton's and the movie Spencer's Mountain, you will love these books!