5.0 out of 5 stars Most Awesome Vegan Cookbook

Published on Jan. 2 2011 by Leau77

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Awesome Vegan Cookbook, Dec 21 2007
T. Wise (Ottawa, ON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook (Hardcover)
Isa and Terry wow us again with their amazing ability to create innovative vegan dishes with depth, texture and flavour, as well as entertain us with their culinary humour. This book not only contains an in-depth introduction on how to cook any bean, grain or veggie, but has wide range of recipes from quick weeknight fixes to amaze-your-dinner-party-guests gourmet meals. Easy icons identify supermarket-friendly dishes, as well as lower-fat and gluten-free recipes. Every recipe is appropriate for long-time vegans who appreciate tasty food, as well as new vegans, potential vegans and family members of vegans. Or really anyone. My favourites include Snobby Joes, Chestnut-Lentil Pate, Caesar Salad, Hot Sauce-Glazed Tempeh, Marinated Tofu, Chickpea Cutlets, Baked Potato and Greens Soup, Vanilla Ice Cream and Pistachio-Rosewater Cookies. This book is required reading for every cook who makes healthy and delicious food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, May 21 2008
This review is from: Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook (Hardcover)
I bought this cookbook a few days ago, and I've been cooking from it for every meal since. Everything I've tried has been amazing! I'm a vegetarian, and my boyfriend is severely allergic to dairy, so finding meals we'll both enjoy can be very difficult. Even though he's an avowed meat eater, even he has been raving about the recipes! I would recommend this cookbook to anyone who wants to limit the animal products in their diet, not just vegans.

3.0 out of 5 stars A solid vegan cookbook for experienced cooks, Jan. 2 2011
Leau77 (Courtenay, B.C.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook (Hardcover)
I was given this cookbook from a friend as in introduction to vegan cooking, and I was very excited to incorporate it into our meal plans. However, I've had this book for over a year now and I find it incredibly challenging to use on a daily basis. I have trouble finding a meal that can be whipped up in under 30 mins. I understand that delcious, wholesome food cannot be quick; but these recipes require a lot of advance steps and lengthy ingredient lists. This is not a cookbook for beginners or rushed people, but the flavours are fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., Nov. 5 2008
shauna mcclemens (North Bay Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook (Hardcover)
I've been buying books from amazon forever, and this is the first time I've bothered to review one. This book is amazing. It offers recipes that my carnivore friends and family love so much they forget they food is vegan. I've made at least two meals from this pretty well every day since buying it. Thank you so much for a vegan cookbook that isn't just a regular boring cookbook with tofu thrown in, and rather making gourmet recipes that aren't the next-best thing, but simply the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book..., Dec 1 2008
Claudis (Kitchener, ON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook (Hardcover)
I am a fan of the authors' work. Their recipes are good food from the most basic to gourmet. I love the Jelly Donut Cupcake recipe...my non-vegan husband loves these and asks for them all the time. There is something for every taste and whim in this book. As a vegan or vegeterian this book is sure to be a valuable addition to your library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cook book, April 10 2009
This review is from: Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook (Hardcover)
My wife and I have found every recipe tried so far to be successful both in taste and presentation. Well tested, well written well laid out. Used "as is", the recipes are wonderful for entertaining as they are rich and delicious, perfect for impressing your non-vegan company. The recipes can be easily adjusted to achieve low fat, gluten free versions for everyday meals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, Sept. 19 2010
This review is from: Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook (Hardcover)
So many recipes, all of varying tastes, level of easiness, and all awesome! Can't ask for more from a vegan cookbook, let alone any other type of cookbook. I use recipes from the book almost every day, and so far every one has been amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, tasty, easy recipes, Dec 15 2010
This review is from: Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook (Hardcover)
This is the book I use most from my cooking library. I have been a vegetarian for many years but had been losing interest in food as I found myself eating the same types of meals over and over again. Veganomicon not only has some great, easy to make, grocery store friendly ingredient recipes, it also includes a bunch of recipes with ingredients I had never previously eaten. I can easily say that my food repertoire will never be boring again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better for sauces and tips than recipes, Dec 28 2009
This review is from: Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook (Hardcover)
This is definitely a great cookbook, but it's great mostly for the essential tools it gives the vegan cook, or anyone cooking for a vegan. The sauces and sides are great (the vegan cheezy sauce is something I make very frequently), and I use them over and over. The tips on how to cook various ingredients are also extremely useful. I find the actual recipes are good for the most part, but in general the simplest are the most rewarding. Some of the more complicated recipes don't produce the results you'd want for so much effort (for example the tofu florentine). As with most vegan cookbooks, the baking section gets a focus, and the best recipes are there. The double chocolate chip cookies are better than the non-vegan ones, at least according to my audience.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good :-), May 14 2013
Vesna Vespa (Santa Monica,Ca,USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook (Hardcover)
I originally took this book out from the library, to first see how it stood the recipe test. So far I have not been disappointed at all. I have made about 5 recipes,and all of them turned out very nice and delish. The cuisine is quite sophisticated,but what I love most about this book is that the recipes are SUPERMARKET FRIENDLY, meaning that ingredients are pretty easy to find in your typical supermarket. That is a plus for me, because I hate vegan recipe books that call for difficult to find and pricey items(which seems to be a majority from my experience) that I have to search for in gourmet shops or health food stores.I will be buying this book for my kindle,and taking it with me everywhere I travel. I'd say that this is probably the best vegan cookbook out there(and I've seen and bought my share!).

Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook
Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook by Terry Hope Romero (Hardcover - Nov. 2 2007)
CDN$ 32.50 CDN$ 20.38