Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

on March 20, 2008
I own a few of low-carb books and probably as many slow cooker books. This one is not only my favourite, it's also the most USED. I have tried pretty much all chilli recipes, a few stews, pork chops, chicken and meat loaf ones. They are all great. Takes me 10 min or less to throw together ingredients in the morning, and the dinner is ready. My husband is surprised each time - Honey, when did you make dinner? I say, this morning, while I was waiting for my toast. Most meals are great for having people over as well. Perfect portions for 8 or 10 people. Red meat dishes go so well with wine, that I can't resist opening a bottle every time. They are just so gourmet! Definitely recommended by winery-explorer.
on April 20, 2004
I've made 3 recipes out of this cookbook and all of them were excellent! All of them full of flavor, the carbs were not missed at all. I would highly recommend this to anyone who has adopted the low carb way of life (low carb, not no carb).
on March 9, 2004
I discovered the slow-cooker when I moved in with my boyfriend; he had one. Later, I found this book by accident, and put down Rachael Ray's books to buy this one. I am VERY glad I did; I can't say enough good about it. My favorite so far is the creamy blueberry french toast casserole (I think that's the correct title.) OHMYGAWD. Uses a cup of Splenda but it's INCREDIBLE. I do miss French Toast, but not anymore with this creation. Five or six meatloaves, and that's just for starters. I will be using this a lot more than Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals 2, and I like Rachael Ray!
Get a crockpot or two, and get cooking! You can't go wrong!!!
on May 11, 2004
I have been living low carb for over 18 months. I have had this book for the last two months and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it and using it. Slow cooking is an ideal way for me to stay low carb and because of the leftovers lunch has never been easier. I really like all of the helpful cooking tips because I am not very handy in the kitchen. My favorite recipe is the lemon chicken. I have also been enjoying the French Onion Soup. I think that this book is a first for Broihier & Mayone. I hope they write more low carb books because I really like their recipes. Delicious & Easy.
on May 16, 2004
however this is 100% of the truth. Kim Mayone is my cousin and I can tell you first hand that she is an AWESOME cook. Kim has shared many a recipe with me over the years, some that I believe have been modified to work for this book. I've made the white chili on page 71 and brought it to work. Everyone loved it, myself included. I made a huge crockfull of it and it didn't seem like enough because I shared! :) Congrats to Kim!!! I'm anxiously awaiting your next book and I think this time I have a few recipes to share with you.
P.S. I'm making the steak bomb casserole on Tuesday.
on January 30, 2004
I have been following a low-carb diet for over a year and I am always looking for new ways to do low-carb. This book is outstanding. This book has great recipes with easy to follow directions. Every recipe has nutritional facts so I can stay within my net carb limit. Portion sizes are more than generous. So far, the butter roasted almonds and the rosemary garlic chicken are my favorites, but I am looking forward to trying more recipes this weekend. Slow Cooking my low carb meals has taken the stress out of my meal planning.
on February 20, 2004
It is a pleasure to find a low carb cookbook that has it all! There are not only delicious recipe ideas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner but also for side dishes, salads, and desserts. Many of the recipes have the addition of cook's tips, information on the ingredients, and serving suggestions. These extra hints have been particularly helpful. This cookbook sheds a whole new and delicious light on crock pot cooking. Bravo! I definitely give this book 5 well deserved stars!
on March 10, 2004
This book is incredible. It combines low carb and crock-pot cooking with delicious, family-friendly recipes. I have been doing low-carb for a year and a half, and it is getting harder and harder to stay low-carb and to feed family and friends in an affordable way. This book has given me some new ideas for low-carb cooking and frees up a lot of time for me. My whole family loves the recipes, so I don't have to cook seperate meals each night! I really love this cookbook.
on June 11, 2004
I recently got a slow cooker and ordered this cookbook. This cookbook really is phenomenal. The recipes are simple with easy to find ingredients. I have tried their suggested pairings several times, as well, and they are dead on target. My husband has raved over every dish that I have made from this book, including a couple that are not slow cooker items. I highly recommend it.
on February 23, 2004
I haven't made a lot of recipes so far, but reading through the techniques has helped! I made a egg/zucchini side dish that was supposed to cook for 40 minutes in the slow cooker instead using their general prescription for egg dishes. Very helpful for the low carb cook without much time!