5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get enough!
I have done the low-carb thing off and on over the past 5 years, but started up again about 6 months ago. I was eating a lot more fresh vegetables and meat, but was getting tired of all the cooking. Then I came accross something about slow cookers and how they're the next best thing for low-carbers. I did some research, and decided to buy one. I also bought this...
Published on Nov. 11 2004 by Wendy

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this book unless you love Splenda!
Enough said. I can't eat the stuff myself and it is almost every single recipe!
Even savoury dishes. So prevalent I began to wonder who the authors really work for...
Published on Jan. 19 2012 by runtorome

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, easy, and delicious., March 11 2014
This review is from: The Everyday Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook: Over 120 Delicious Low-Carb Recipes that Cook Themselves (Paperback)
The recipes are truly delicious. Most of the recipes are simple and easy. I use this book all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Truly Low Carb Recipes, May 4 2004
Cassandra Robinson (San Mateo, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I have been impressed with this cookbook, I use it 2-3 times each week with wonderful results. These recipes are truly low carb unlike the majority of the recipes in the Better Homes and Garden Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook! If you have a busy lifestyle (and who doesn't these days!) and are into low carb living, you won't regret purchasing this cookbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, April 20 2004
JJ "j2zing" (St. Paul, MN USA) - See all my reviews
I've made 3 recipes out of this cookbook and all of them were excellent! All of them full of flavor, the carbs were not missed at all. I would highly recommend this to anyone who has adopted the low carb way of life (low carb, not no carb).

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a happy purchase, May 1 2012
C. Doner (Luxembourg) - See all my reviews
This book is not for people with diabetes or those who really care for a healthy diet. Recipes are quick to make but they are high in salt and fat. Gave the book away...

5.0 out of 5 stars A well of recipes for busy cooks, March 20 2008
Julia Elms "Winery-Explorer" (winery-explorer.com) - See all my reviews
I own a few of low-carb books and probably as many slow cooker books. This one is not only my favourite, it's also the most USED. I have tried pretty much all chilli recipes, a few stews, pork chops, chicken and meat loaf ones. They are all great. Takes me 10 min or less to throw together ingredients in the morning, and the dinner is ready. My husband is surprised each time - Honey, when did you make dinner? I say, this morning, while I was waiting for my toast. Most meals are great for having people over as well. Perfect portions for 8 or 10 people. Red meat dishes go so well with wine, that I can't resist opening a bottle every time. They are just so gourmet! Definitely recommended by winery-explorer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Low carb made easy!, July 28 2011
This is a great cookbook. Everything I have made from it turns out wonderfull. My only complaint would be that there are no photos.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad reference, Feb. 22 2010
MJR (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
While I was aware of many of the suggestions for eating low carb on the go, I learned a few things that were helpful. Overall, not a bad reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book does not miss!, June 11 2004
By A Customer
I recently got a slow cooker and ordered this cookbook. This cookbook really is phenomenal. The recipes are simple with easy to find ingredients. I have tried their suggested pairings several times, as well, and they are dead on target. My husband has raved over every dish that I have made from this book, including a couple that are not slow cooker items. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars You might consider me to be prejudice..., May 16 2004
"ungie66" (Milford, Ct United States) - See all my reviews
however this is 100% of the truth. Kim Mayone is my cousin and I can tell you first hand that she is an AWESOME cook. Kim has shared many a recipe with me over the years, some that I believe have been modified to work for this book. I've made the white chili on page 71 and brought it to work. Everyone loved it, myself included. I made a huge crockfull of it and it didn't seem like enough because I shared! :) Congrats to Kim!!! I'm anxiously awaiting your next book and I think this time I have a few recipes to share with you.
P.S. I'm making the steak bomb casserole on Tuesday.

5.0 out of 5 stars low carb savior, May 12 2004
Hank (Columbia, SC) - See all my reviews
I have been living low carb for over 18 months. I have had this book for the last two months and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it and using it. Slow cooking is an ideal way for me to stay low carb and because of the leftovers lunch has never been easier. I really like all of the helpful cooking tips because I am not very handy in the kitchen. My favorite recipe is the lemon chicken. I have also been enjoying the French Onion Soup. I think that this book is a first for Broihier & Mayone. I hope they write more low carb books because I really like their recipes. Delicious & Easy.

CDN$ 20.00 CDN$ 14.44