5.0 out of 5 stars Enter The World Of Feudal Japan...
Published on Jan. 8 2004 by Midnight

3.0 out of 5 stars Throwaway
I read this in about 10 minutes. Now I have no idea what happened, very forgetable. I did like it, but it just felt like a huge waste of money. Try to borrow this from a friend. If you want value in your manga, buy the ranma 1/2 perfect collection. At least that will keep you busy for an hour or so and is also much more enjoyable. ^_^
Published on March 30 2002 by Douglas K. Fahrman

5.0 out of 5 stars Enter The World Of Feudal Japan..., Jan. 8 2004
Midnight (Miller Place, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Inu-Yasha (Comic)
Rumiko Takahashi is the writer of InuYasha, which is known by fans has being a Feudal Fairy Tale. InuYasha is a story about a average schoolgirl who is taken back in time through a well on her family's property. She soon discovers many facts abut herself and her destiny that makes one realize that she in no average schoolgirl. She, with the help of Inuyasha, a half human, half demon hybrid, must gather the shards of a Sacred Jewel that gan give demons enormous amounts of power. Now, one might think that this is just a simple story, that can't be very interesting, but one would be very wrong. InuYasha is a 'historical action and romance from one of Japan's most beloved creators' with a touch of gothic horror. What more could one want? With a cast full of interesting characters, and even more interesting villains, anyone reading InuYasha will instantly fall in love with at least one of the characters, and instantly hate a few has well. I myself have read all the books in this series to date (Jan. 7, 2004) that are available. But, if you want to find anymore out about Kagome and Inuyasha's adventures, well... you'll just have to read the book yourself.
Allison R.

5.0 out of 5 stars A literary analysis of Inu-Yasha (kind of), Nov. 13 2003
Tyga (Far, far away from reality) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Inu-Yasha (Comic)
Hey adventure seekers! Inuyasha is my favorite manga. I say put your money here. This story succeeded to impress me, and that's saying quite a bit because I consider myself to be a *cough* finicky reader and don't spend my time and money on just anything. I can tell this series was done with heart. Its charming and honest and doesn't try to be too tough and rigid or cutesy and mushy just for the sake of being cutesy and mushy. Take it from me, I've been around fantasy long enough to tell the difference between honest, individual stories and pulp fantasy hashed together from tired archetypes.
The main concept of the story (a powerful magical jewel) isn't wildly original but the charming,memorable characters and intriguing themes are what make the stories stand out.
Disclaimer: There are a few topless shots but c'mon! it's art!

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it a chance!, July 31 2003
This review is from: Inu-Yasha (Comic)
Many people have complained that Inu-Yasha's story has been overused, lacks good characters, etc. First of all, this is the FIRST manga. We BARELY even KNOW the characters now. Way more info is headed our way, and the plot is going to become much more complex. I kid you not. Like I said, this is the FIRST volume. The plot is only just getting started.
Inu-Yasha may seem cliched but it's not. One viewer complained Kagome lacked personality. Once again, this is the FIRST volume. We get to know Kagome's character much better. Yes, OF COURSE Inu-yasha and her are going to fall in love. But it's definetly not going to be like Fushigi Yuugi where they fall in love at the second volume and make out in every novel. Absolutely not! This is a SHONEN series. Meaning it's mainly targeted for MALES (no, this doesn't mean females won't enjoy it. I'm a female, and I enjoyed it A LOT). Meaning it has more action than romance.
About the whole collecting the shards so no evil villain will try to get them--I know it sounds like a HUGE cliche, but there's much more significant things about the jewel shards and everything and a reminder for the last time, this is the FIRST volume! Don't expect so much coming out of one volume. Read up to volume 12, and THEN decide whether you still hate Inu-Yasha.

5.0 out of 5 stars captivating!, July 1 2003
This review is from: Inu-Yasha (Comic)
Wow! I have probably read this book a million times! It is way up there (perhaps at the very top itself) with my favorite mangas. Plus, it's by Rumiko Takahashi who is definitely a respected and well known manga author. It's filled (the whole series, not just this one) with interesting plot twists, gory battles, creepy demons, and a touch or two of romance and comedy.
And most of all, the characters are very easy to get to know and relate to. After you have finished the book (and make sure you have the second and third one two, and maybe the fourth lying around 'cause you'll wanna read them right away) the characters will still be in your mind.
Here's the beginning of the plot (it wont give away anything important): Kagome, a newly turned fifteen year old school girl lives in a home filled to the brim with legends. Beside her home, there is also an old well that comes with a legend: the legend of the bone eater demon who lived in the well, a horrible creature with six arms. When Kagome's grandfather, the biggest teller-of-legends you'll ever see gives her the Shikon jewel, the jewel of four souls, things change for Kagome. By legend, the Shikon jewel has incredible powers, power to make demon's strength horrific, which is why when Kagome's cat, Buyo gets into the well house, and Kagome has to follow him, she gets ripped away, literally, by the bone-eater itself, looking for the Shikon jewel. And after Kagome fights off the demon and climbs out of the well, she is no longer home. She has gone back in time to the fifeenth century where she finds Inu Yasha, a half-demon punished for his want of the Shikon jewel's powers. But when an accident rips the jewel away from them, shattering and scattering it across the land, they must go on a quest to find it, battleing horrible demons and meeting new characters to join their search. This is truly a magnificent book, absolutely (and I say this for every book in the series) worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally amazing story..., June 10 2003
Lindsey A. (Ann Arbor, MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Inu-Yasha (Comic)
Amazing Story by the classic author of action romantic comedy, Takahashi Rumiko. A must read for fans of the anime or fans of Ranma/Urusei Yatsura. Just a natural progression. I was sucked in from the very first volume!

5.0 out of 5 stars gripping!, June 4 2003
This review is from: Inu-Yasha (Comic)
Before yesterday I had never read manga. I'd caught InuYasha on the Cartoon Network and thought I'd pick up one of the graphic novels - once I'd picked this up I couln't put it down. The story is well put together, the artwork and characters are great, and the combination of fantasy and folklore in the historical setting of the plot (feudal Japan) really make for a gripping tale...so gripping that I bought Vol. 2 today...

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest anime and manga in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!, May 29 2003
This review is from: Inu-Yasha (Comic)
Go Inuyasha!!! I loved this book, and all the other ones in the series as well. Takahashi is a wonderful artist and writer, and I personally think that this out-does all her other works. You fall in love with the characters, and if you ever met Inuyasha (By a slim chance of luck)you would immidiatly touch his ears, just out of habit! GO GO GO GO GO GO GO INUYASHA!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inu Yasha is da bom, May 18 2003
This review is from: Inu-Yasha (Comic)
I watch the anime first it was great it is my fav then i saw the manga on the shelvs of a local book store I said I had to have it and it was so cheep too. That is why I bought 2 books. once I got in the car (note i can not drive) I opned the first page. I was hooked it only took me one hour to read it i kept reading and reading ontill i was finished. The next day I whent back and got the 13th in the series I was so sad that they did not have number 3 so I got number 13 it was great. I would recamend it to anyone who likes manga and Inu Yasha.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked by the Anime, Reeled in by the Manga, May 9 2003
This review is from: Inu-Yasha (Comic)
I started watching InuYasha the anime on Cartoon Network a few months ago. I used to think that all anime was stupid and pointless dribble for little children, BUT I WAS SO WRONG!!! I watch a few animes right now, but by far, my favorite is InuYasha. After watching a few episodes of the great series, I knew that I had to read the manga. It's absolutely wonderful! I'm on the 4th volume now, and the breathtaking art is unbelieveable. And how could I forget to mention that the story line is spectacular! Definatly take the time to check this one out. You won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rumiko Takahashi's Best Yet!!!!, May 2 2003
This review is from: Inu-Yasha (Comic)
If you're looking for a new manga to read, you've found the right title. Rumiko Takahashi has written some wonderful works in the past such as Ranma 1/2, Mermaid Forest, Mermaid's Scar, and Mermaid's Gaze, but none can compare with Inu-Yasha. This is a manga with something for everyone. It's genres are romance, action, drama, adventure, horror, and comedy. If you get the second edition of this manga, you will notice that it is rated T+ Older Teen, and not this ages 9-12. Parents be warned that it has intense graphic violence, nudity, some infrequent coarse language, and few more mature situations (this for the entire series in English so far). This manga is by far my favorite. Please check out rest of Rumiko Takahashi's manga. They're all worth a read....

Inu-Yasha
Inu-Yasha by Rumiko Takahashi (Comic - March 1 1998)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01