Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

Format: PaperbackChange

on February 9, 2012
This book, I must say, is a weird tale and will likely suit only certain tastes. This is a children's book and younger children are more likely to enjoy it, especially if you act it out a little. Out of hundreds of books we have for the kids, this title is number 2 on their list of bedtime tales, only followed by the number one choice "Ten Little Zombies: a Love Story by Andy Rash". The #3 choice in this house is "Monsters Eat Whiny Children by Bruce Eric Kaplan" and it's pretty rare that any other story is asked for by my boys 6-4 yo.

Now, having read the only other review posted here, in a way I understand his point. My boys also love zombies, making Ten Little Zombies the most read book in this house presently. The book is rhymed with Mommy making scary sounds or having bizarre behavior and each page ending with "That's not your Mommy any more". So it seems a conclusion can be drawn that this book will be suitable for a young audience as long as you make it fun for them.

The other reviewer's comments indicate that his/her 7 yo has moved beyond the idiosyncratic need for repetitive writings more suited for younger children. As of this writing my 6 yo hasn't really turned 6, but will next month. He is only in kindergarten, and enjoys this book. As for this genre of children's book goes, I'd say it's more suitable for children 5 1/2 or under, provided they're not scared of monsters.

Now with all this being said, if you don't think this is the cup of tea for your child, I'd recommend highly Ten Little Zombies (which is far better written and shorter).

Please note: my rating for this book is based upon my children's enjoyment of the hundred or so books we have for them, not on my personal opinions (which I've obviously added) on the subject matter or the manner it was written (which is good for it's style). For the right child, this will be a very enjoyable story.

So all that being stated, it's going to be a great story for some kids, and a tedious boring story for others. Please keep in mind that is also up to you, the reader, to make the story entertaining for your child.

In short, I do recommend it as my boys love the story. Just exercise some common sense before you make a decision with this one.
on January 26, 2013
Although the concept seems brilliant, this book leaves you wanting. It seems to have been compiled by folks who have forgotten key elements of their middle school English programs...where's the plot? This book is more a collection of short, seemingly independent, thoughts that try to be funny. And fail.
on April 27, 2012
This book was ... interesting. Our almost 5 yr old was so scared we could barely finish. He enjoyed the thrill. But, do not expect a Disney ending on this tale.
on December 18, 2013
Lots of fun in a very sick kind of way! Just my kind of fun. Can't wait to give it to the kids
on April 22, 2015
this book was awful, not funny, scared the kids so we got rid of it.
on November 28, 2011
I thought this book would have been good for my 7 year old son who is into zombies, but it was terrible. Not funny, not good, terrible. I wouldn't even give this book away.