5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully written!, Feb. 17 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Dancing in the Flames (Paperback)
This book is so easy to read. It illustrates its points so well that it will give the reader new insight into masculine and feminine. I recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Anthropocentricity: The Inside Job, Feb. 26 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Dancing in the Flames (Paperback)
Woodman's book, like all of her works, is right on, as far as it goes. On a still deeper soul level, it is not about men and women at all, but rather, Inner Figures. Hence, the wise white man will say (or think, or meditate): no woman is the carrier of my Dark Soul; and the wise woman will say: no man is the carrier of my Dark Spirit. This praxis may lead to sanity within, the balance we crave, but as James Hillman points out, we practice, not to become practical, but practiced (that is, we as males). I cannot really speak to women's praxis; some wise woman would have to inform me of that. I only know that a man can indeed "marry the Anima," and that She does indeed "protect him, love him, and guide him to the Treasure hard to attain." Enough said for now...

5.0 out of 5 stars Dancing in The Flames, Dec 27 2000
Laurie Hines (Minnetonka, Minnesota USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dancing in the Flames (Paperback)
I love Marion Woodmans insight! This is an easy read for Marions work, yet no less profound! If your interested in deep personal transformation Marion Woodman is a must in your library.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great take on the role of female mythology in society., Aug. 23 1998
This review is from: Dancing in the Flames (Paperback)
Dancing in the flames really does shed a new light on a fascinating subject close to all of us, the role of the feminine and masculine in society. And it does this in such a simple and easily digestible fashion, that powerful concepts can easily be understood by almost anyone. It both challenges and inspires. I highly recommend it.

ARRAY(0xbf8f1d98)