5.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful What You're Ordering this is Book TWO
Be careful when ordering from this site ... THIS IS BOOK TWO not book ONE!! The series is great but getting them from Amazon.com can be a challenge and then they charged me for their oversight.
The title should be
CONVERSATIONS WITH GOD: An Uncommon Dialog BOOK TWO
Published on March 18 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars Excessive marketing tactics, politically correct.
CWG II strikes more as a fictional account than one of truth. To declare a book as partially written by God is not necessarily a heretical event, but more of one that requires serious soul-searching in order to ensure that one is not misleading others through delusions of grandeur.
Mr Walsch would come across as more sincere in his book if there were less rehashing...
Published on Dec 6 1999 by Jaeger

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful What You're Ordering this is Book TWO, March 18 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: An Uncommon Dialogue (Paperback)
The title should be
CONVERSATIONS WITH GOD: An Uncommon Dialog BOOK TWO

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, July 11 2001
This review is from: Conversations With God : An Uncommon Dialogue (Book 2) (Hardcover)
The Conversations With God series was instrumental in my awakening. As a recovering Fundamentalist Christian, I owe a great debt to God and Mr. Walsch. Of course neither would see it that way. Without revealing too much detail I will just say the turning point for me was discovering this: If God is Perfect Love, how could He/She possibly conceive of, much less create, a place of eternal torture for those of "His Children" who do not follow "The Way". I'm paraphrasing but when I read that, a light came on and I was awakened from the nightmare of horror and guilt that is Fundamentalist Christianity. Holy Wars, Sin, Retribution, Sacrificing His Son, these are not God concepts but are man's concepts turned into religion to control. Perfect Love could never, ever condemn anyone. What happened to "turn the other cheek"? If you have spent years of your life trying to be good, do all the right things, pray, tithe to the church, and nothing seems to work, READ THIS BOOK! You'll discover God has really been there all along waiting for you to listen to Him/Her instead of man's religions.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Series of Books Ever Written, March 14 2001
"labilly" (Lincoln , Mich) - See all my reviews
Though there are an infinite number of similar books out there. None so concisely and understandably explains the basic fundamental truths of our existence and our purpose on this planet.
This is a nuts and bolts guidebook to changing ones life, understanding what we are here for and showing us how to live our lives fully. This text facilitates simple integration of often misunderstood concepts. Topics ranging from "time" to manifestation of physical reality, understanding how individuals create wealth (or poverty) and the tools to alter that paradigm. What "unconditional love" really means and how each of us chooses bliss or misery; plus how to consciencely manifest that choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars A new theology and a very new, and better, ethical system, Sept. 19 2002
Jorge Medrano "Retired physicist" (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
Although I am not inclined to believe in any supernatural realm, I read the three books in this series, in order. There is no doubt in my mind that the author is a very original thinker. If I were ever to believe in something supernatural, this would be it. However, the ethical sytem the author (or God, it doesn't matter) put forward is, to my knowledge, very new and very different from everything I knew. It is not easy reading; you need a very open mind to accept concepts such as "there is no right or wrong" or "God is not a vengeful god that punishes with eternal torments" I had to read several chapters more than once, and I can say this. Whether you go along with everything in the theology or not, I for one fully embraced the ethical system. It is to my thinking much more advanced, more "human", and likely to lead to much more happiness than anything I knew previously. Our world would be an immensely better place if this were the prevalent ethics. I read that the book has been translated to 26 languages and has touched the lives of millions all over the world. It sure touched mine! I strongly recommend that you challenge yourself to read the three books, and not reject anything off hand. Read the paragraphs you feel to be more "shocking" more than once and give the subject a lot of thought. After the third book, you will have found many concepts revisited more than once, and the whole picture will impress you as very consistent and well rounded. You might feel that not only you acquired new and important concepts, but also that your whole world outlook was changed. In short, your life may have been touched too.

4.0 out of 5 stars On the right track, May 27 2002
O.k., let me put it straight for all the Christians who put down this book:
You cannot say that the 'god' in this book is wrong and that your 'god' is right, simply because you have no real proof.And if you try to prove so logically, then his God would if fact be more reasonable.
You cannot say that something is right simply because it is written in the bible, because there is no real proof that the bible is god's word, other than other people telling you that it is. You don't even have proof that Jesus himself was not really the devil, other than him saying so.
Any loving God that exists cannot and will not punish, judge, or condemn us for believing in one faith over another, simply because we CANNOT be sure if what we believe is right or not. We cannot be totally sure, so no loving God would send us to hell for choosing 'wrong'.
A judgmental and jealous and wrathful God would additionally be a 'sinful God, since these attributes are sinful, and therefore cannot be also 'without sin', as Christians claim he is.
Christianity is faulty, and i dare any Christian to argue otherwise. I have in fact written similiar books ; 'The Truth: Will Shad's Conversations With God' , and 'The Whole Truth: Will Shad's Continuing Conversations With God', and I do not agree with Neale on all points, but he is definitely on the right track....

1.0 out of 5 stars Open your Heart, not your mind....., May 21 2002
"aleivo" (Apodaca, N.L. Mexico) - See all my reviews
Yes, I know that life is not easy, we have so many problems and lots of daily task to acomplish, We want answers now!!,we want solutions and we need them desperatly, we are so thirsty for them and suddenly it appears this intelligent guy (Nale Walsh) telling you exactly what you needed to hear, at the precise moment telling you lot's of stupid things like GOD says that if someone one jumps out from a building nothing will happen to him if he has lots of faith, I mean, not even Jesus threw himself from a Mountain when satan told him: " IF YOU'RE THE SON OF GOD THROW YOURSELF DOWN FROM HERE, BECAUSE IT IS WRITTREN THAT THE ANGELS WILL TAKE CARE OF THE SON OF GOD SO THAT HE NEVER STUMBLE" and Jesus answers: " IT IS ALSO WRITTEN, YOU WILL NOT TEMPT YOUR GOD". And this book also says lots of other NEW AGE stuff like Reencarnation exists,etc.. But let me tell you this, the anwers have been here with us from a long time ago, and still every day it follows us daily hoping that one day we will open our HEARTS to them, not our MIND. If you try to look for answers with your MIND, you simply will never find them, the only thing you will find is hundredths of different theorys and that's what satan wants, to confuse more and more every time,why, because we were designed to prosper by love, to get along with others by love, understand people by love. Unfortunately many of us still have a wrong impression of God, we think of a punishing God instead of a superloving, misericordial God that wants to stablish a very close relationship with us. But we think that if we follow his path, all the " fun " we have will fade away, and you know what,it's all the opposite, it's were all the fun begins. Yes, sometimes it's not easy being a catholic, because there is another one who wants to see us fall, he doesn't want you to taste the authentic hapiness, He was so jeallous and angry when we were created, that he decided to confront his creator. So it's been said that if we want to be born again and taste the light, we have to deny ourselves (getting rid of sin, become pure again, repent, penence) and carry our cross, and instead of carrying ONE cross which Jesus help us carry it if we ask him, we end up carrying ten bigger and heavier crosses, and we blame Him. By letting Jeus into our lives, our cross (life problems, following his doctrines)doesn't weight at all, you will see a tremendous positive change.
Remember Our father words: " Trust your Lord with all your HEART, and not with your own INTELLIGENCE, Recognize him in all your paths, and He will fill your HEART." Proverbs 3.5-6
" My son pay attention and be WISE, maintain your HEART, in the correct path" Proverbs 23.15
" Beloved sons, apart yourself from the IDOLS." 1 John 5.21
" Do not love the world and anything in it. If someone loves the world, he doesn't posses the fathers love." 1 John 2.15
" I AM the light of the world. He who follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8.12
" Beware of false prophets which are feroucious wolfs disguise as lambs "
Please don't believe in any of this NEW AGE books that instead of bringing you closer to God, it does the opposite. There are lots of good books and testimonies about convertions. And while you go thru this beautifull journey of knowing our lord, don't reason with your mind, study him with your HEART, be OPEN HEARTED, NOT OPEN MINDED.
May Jesus bless you...
A friend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Something is VERY wrong here... 4 star average??!!, Jan. 6 2002
By A Customer
Although I am not someone who would normally write a book review on Amazon (indeed, this is my first), after reading this humdinger, I felt truly compelled to give the five-star reviewers a run for their money. So here it goes.
I am not going to pretend that I can speak for "God". What I DO want to get across is the fact that Walsch is extremely confident in his ability to do just that and that YOU, as a reader (or potential reader) should be very skeptical about his abilities. In the beginning of the book, the dialogue between Walsch and "God" seems plausible enough. "God" informs Walsch of the nature of time and space, clues him in to the purpose of one's life on Earth, the nature of love, the purpose of sex, and discusses phenomena such as deja vu and psychic abilities. "God" has an interesting take on all of these things.
Somewhere toward the middle of the book, however, I got a sneaking suspicion that "God"'s views on politics were Mr. Walsch's, my primary reason for this being that the uber-left-wing "God" consistently saves his most vitriolic attacks on earthly social policies for the United States. While the U.S. is far from perfect with regard to its treatment of the underclass, the Third World etc. "God"'s selective historic memory is rather insulting; Walsch's "God" rakes America over the coals yet says nothing about human dignity under the regimes of Saddam Hussein's Iraq, the Taliban, the Khmer Rouge, or the police states of western Africa. "God" is just Walsch masquerading around, rehashing ideas from the seventies, such as fighting the "rich" and the "system" (yeah, down with the system man! does anyone even use the word system in that context anymore?).
Just so you don't waste your time reading the book I'll let you know that "God", a.k.a. Walsch, likes world government and international tribunals, the flat tax, revisionist history, and education based on ideas and conciousness instead of facts, and hates defense spending and capitalism. Walsch as much as admits that the ideas are his own. On page 223, he asks the All-Powerful, "Are You telling me that this entire experience of my conversation with You could be nothing more than a compilation of my thoughts and feelings on a thing?" "God"'s answer is in essence, "yes".
The book is insidious because it anticipates your every move. If you go to question something Walsch says, he jumps in right away, so that "God" can assuage your doubts. What, to me, was the nail in the coffin for Walsch's "God"? Page 226: "God" says, with regard to Bill Clinton, "He is courageously fighting big money's vested interests." I think this is proof enough that "God" doesn't know what in the hell he's talking about.

1.0 out of 5 stars Author's own socialists beliefs taints logic & credibility, June 8 2001
God's dialogue concerning science and spirituality seems consistant with modern scientific sensibilities. God talks of cycles and the necessity of polarity for evolution. There is no good without bad (Hitler goes to heaven) - hot without cold, male without female and so forth. The author then would have God switch from these earlier declarations to talk about the need for a socialist society, i.e., God does not like how the poor is exploited at the hands of the rich; wealth is not created, it is just taken. The author has it backwards - it is socialism that destroys capitalism in a neverending cycle of freedom to socialism to communism to fascism to freedom again. In reality, there is little difference between a Feudal Noble and a member of the Polit Bureau in terms of unearned power (Bill Gates is not a Feudal Noble by the way). Because it is more desired to be rich than poor - individuals (and societies) are forced to adapt and evolve. The author makes a failed attempt to qualify his form of socialism as a voluntary system - however such a view is myopic and flies in the face of history.
The author gets unexpectedly specific with praise for Bill Clinton for fighting for labor (by the way, Clinton supported NAFTA and Free Markets) and credits primarily Gorbachev for the end of the Cold War. At least 4 presidents are mentioned but Reagan is curiously not. The book works until God's laws are broken by the Author's own leftist political leanings - maybe in an attempt to get on Oprah Winfrey to sell more books. I have had many conversations with God too, and He has told me that Ayn Rand was right with regard to socio-economic issues. I guess the good news is - according to the author's postulate - even Reagan gets to go to Heaven.

The author gets unexpectedly specific with praise for Bill Clinton for fighting for labor (by the way, Clinton supported NAFTA and Free Markets) and credits primarily Gorbachev for the end of the Cold War. At least 4 presidents are mentioned but Reagan is curiously not. The book works until God's laws are broken by the Author's own liberal political leanings - maybe in an attempt to get on Oprah Winfrey to sell more books. I have had many conversations with God too, and He has told me that Ayn Rand was right with regard to socio-economic issues.

God's dialogue concerning science and spirituality seems consistant with modern scientific sensibilities. God talks of cycles and the necessity of polarity for evolution. There is no good without bad (Hitler goes to heaven) - hot without cold, male without female and so forth. The author then would have God switch from these earlier declarations to talk about the need for a socialist society. God does not like how the poor is exploited at the hands of the rich. Wealth is not created, it is just taken. The author has it backwards - it is socialism that destroys capitalism in a neverending cycle of freedom to socialism to communism to fascism to freedom again. In reality, there is little difference between a Feudal Noble and a member of the Polit Bureau in terms of unearned power (Bill Gates is not a Feudal Noble by the way). Because it is more desired to be rich than poor - individuals (and societies) are forced to adapt and evolve. The author makes a failed attempt to qualify his form of socialism as a voluntary system - however such a view is myopic and flies in the face of history.
The author gets unexpectedly specific with praise for Bill Clinton for fighting for labor (by the way, Clinton supported NAFTA, and Free Markets) and credits primarily Gorbachev for the end of the Cold War. At least 4 presidents are mentioned but Reagan is curiously not. The book works until God's laws are broken by the Author's own liberal political leanings - maybe in an attempt to get on Oprah Winfrey to sell more books. I have had many conversations with God too, and he has told me that Ayn Rand was right with regard to socio-economic issues.

Conversations With God : An Uncommon Dialogue (Book 2)
Conversations With God : An Uncommon Dialogue (Book 2) by Neale Donald Walsch (Hardcover - 1997)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01