Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(2 star)show all reviews
on December 6, 1999
CWG II strikes more as a fictional account than one of truth. To declare a book as partially written by God is not necessarily a heretical event, but more of one that requires serious soul-searching in order to ensure that one is not misleading others through delusions of grandeur.
Mr Walsch would come across as more sincere in his book if there were less rehashing of CWG I's contents and less marketing involved.
This book raises some serious issues pertaining to life, yet the "answers" given by "God" do not seem genuine in their essence. The book preaches that Hitler went to heaven, death is a good thing. It says, "Hitler didn't hurt anyone...he didn't inflict suffering...he ended it." While it is true that death need not necessarily be a bad thing, I invite the discerning reader to reflect on the implied statement that murder is acceptable because it ends suffering. This seems like an extremely twisted version of morality. If that were the case, why then do we not begin to engage in an orgy of violence and murder?
The book reads as if it is a written form of feel-good therapy. It promotes openness in sexuality, but takes this to extremes and appears to advocate not only free and public sex by explaining it as a release of one's inhibitions, but even tells us that more highly-evolved beings engage in sex in front of their children.
Mr Walsch has created a work of fiction that is very interesting to read, not so much for its uplifting worth (of which I can find little evidence, except in parts pertaining to pure love) but for its twisted version of God.
The book contains some semblance of truth, yet these truths have been revealed to us in the past, in psychology books, in inspirational material. The only really new information the reader receives begs for a lot of discernment on the reader's part, as it would strike as being a little offensive as well as immoral.
While others condemn the trilogy as heresy and blasphemy, personally, I will only go so far as to say that it is sad to think that the world is so desperate for some form of spiritual help that it is ready to accept everything Mr Walsch teaches through his "God" as the truth.
This book is a recommended read for those who wish to challenge their ideas, as a testing ground of faith. Reading it, one must constantly pause and review what is being said, to decide for one's self if it is true or false. Mostly, I came up with "false".
CWG II is not recommended, however, for the reader who seeks to have a greater understanding of God in itself. The reader must tread with caution on the grounds of the book, for it is flimsy and fails to hold its truths up when placed under a magnifying glass.
on November 4, 2001
Compared to Book 1, this was a bit of a disappointment. As with the first, it contains a good deal of wisdom, but this one appears to be more of a personal political commentary than a source of divine inspiration.
Most of the text lays out a plan for a stable world government. This comes across as overly simplistic, as wishful thinking. It offers a very human concept of utopia, not a divine plan. It covers the superficial requirements for world peace, but does not offer any substantial spiritual instruction to get us there.
I think there may be some level of divine inspiration behind this book, but it appears that a good deal of it was filtered through Mr. Walsch's personal opinions and limited perspective.
on April 6, 2002
I couldn't relate to this book. If God were talking & wanted the 'world' to read his book ..he'd have given examples that touched a chord with all humans.Seems to me that he speaks Enlish, follows american politics ...and just about everything else falls in to 'eastern theory' or 'eastern mystics'..he should know theres no east ..theres India, theres China, theres Japan..they all have their distinct philosophies.
I am pretty certain if God were talking I'd be able to relate to him...Unless of course God wrote this book for Americans...maybe theres book 6 or 7 for the rest of us.
on February 5, 2000
I bought and read Book 1, and thought it an excellent, provoking book. I could be convinced that the author may genuinely be in contact with God. As an Agnostic, I like these kind of books. However, book 2, although interesting, put me off, because of the constant references to America, what a great place it is, etc. After all, everybody knows that God is English!
on December 27, 1997
I was taking a look at Conversations with God: Book 2, and it seemed like a wonderful sequel to Book 1...until I hit upon Chapter 6. God puts men down blatantly in this chapter like you wouldn't believe. Sorry, but the God that I love treats both sexes as equals. My God loves _all_ creation, not just half of it.
on March 29, 1998
Anyone who has evan read a part of the Quran can easily tell the differance between the real word of God and the pathetic attempt by Iblis to deceive anyone seeking truth.