5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Michael L. Johnson
Published on Feb. 28 2004 by Michael L. Johnson

2.0 out of 5 stars The Fibromyalgia Advocate
This book was ok but it had alot of info. on stuff I don't need. It also repeated itself ALOT! It wasn't what I thought it was going to be from the info given. I was very disappointed.
Published on July 6 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Michael L. Johnson, Feb. 28 2004
Michael L. Johnson (Sherwood, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fibromyalgia Advocate (Paperback)
"The Fibromyalgia Advocate" along with "Fibromyalgia and Chronic Mypfascial Pain" are two must haves if you or someone you love suffers from FMS. The pain and fatigue associated with fibromyalgia is REAL and it is NOT all in the patient's head (IAIYH) as some doctors may suggest. FMS patients are suffering and suffering miserably. These two books are wonderful resources for the FMS patient and family. I use them in my patient lending library in my office.
Dr. Michael L. Johnson, author of "What Do You Do When the Medicaitons Don't Work--A Non-Drug Treatment of Dizziness, Migraine Headaches, Fibromyalgia, and Other Chronic Conditions".

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best resourses to date..., Jan. 19 2004
Amanda Johnson (Michigan, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fibromyalgia Advocate (Paperback)
I have read many books on the subject, but this is the one I am always referring back to. The information is accurate, informative, concise, and easy-to-read for the layperson.
One of the most useful sections is 'What Your Doctor Should Know: Information for Medical Specialists,' which detail how the disease affects the physician's specialty and can be copied at your convenience. Some information from Dr. Starlanyl's first book, "Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain: A Survival Manual," has been recycled, but both are worth owning to have for reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Book for Fibromyalgia Sufferers!, March 5 2002
This review is from: The Fibromyalgia Advocate (Paperback)
I had borrowed this book from my local library, having heard that it is was extremely helpful to anyone suffering from Fibro. Not only were they right, but the book exceeded all my expectations! To see in words the symptoms I am suffering from, answers to questions about what is happening to my body and my mental state, page after page of suggestions on how to tell other people, from family to doctors about the disease, how you are feeling etc. etc.--it was a godsend. Just 2 weeks before, my left hip suddenly gave way while I was shopping; this had never happened before. Not five minutes into the book and suddenly there was the explanation as to why the hip can suddenly collapse. It may not cure me, but knowing the WHY of some of the aspects of this confusing illness helps my mental state. If you have fibro, if you know someone who does, if you are a health professional who would like to increase his/her knowledge of the condition, you MUST have this book. By the time I had to return the book to the library, I had already purchased it off the Internet and it has become my bible. As indispensible as medication, a good night's sleep and a positive attitude. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for newly diagnosed, July 26 2001
"redredwine66" (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fibromyalgia Advocate (Paperback)
I found this book right after I was diagnosed and found it extremely helpful. I found myself doing alot of "a ha" moments. It was very easy to understand and very well written....I would recommend this book to anyone with FMS.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Fibromyalgia Advocate, July 6 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars The how to about fibro, June 20 2001
This review is from: The Fibromyalgia Advocate (Paperback)
This is the best book I ever read on the subject. It's broken down so everyone can understand it, even my 11 year old son. Thank You for the wonderful help and insight, it has been a lifesaver for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fibro Advocate, April 17 2001
This review is from: The Fibromyalgia Advocate (Paperback)
Extremly helpful! NO beating around the bush, straight forward ideas to relieve pain and day to day living with fibro. Full of information the doctor doesn't tell you. Whether you're new to fibro or suffered for a while, she has alot of information and helpful suggestions! This book is a must have for fibro sufferers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fibromyalgia "Bible", Aug. 16 2000
This review is from: The Fibromyalgia Advocate (Paperback)
This book has given me more insight on fibromyalgia than any of the other books I have read on Fibromyalgia. If I could only have one book it would be this one. Devin knows how we feel and gives us the information to cope. I have had "new" aches and pains and have found that this book addresses them. If you're looking for information on the way you feel and want to know how to cope, this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks you so much Devin!, May 27 2000
This review is from: The Fibromyalgia Advocate (Paperback)
I am so grateful to Devin for writing this book! I find myself using it as a reference all the time. Even though most of us dont have as many resources as she does, I wouldnt even know where to start without her book. Who would ever think that pain releif could be as close as a tennis ball? So many great ideas and insite! If you are looking for a cure you will probably be disappointed but if you are looking for help and support this is the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Helpful, April 11 2000
This review is from: The Fibromyalgia Advocate (Paperback)
This book and the previous book by the authors is a valuable resource. I refer to it often as I try different avenues to seek relief. I found the linking of hypogycemia to fibromyalgia most interesting. The dietary changes suggested have afforded some relief. This book is a must for anyone with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue or myofascial pain.

The Fibromyalgia Advocate
The Fibromyalgia Advocate by Devin Starlanyl (Paperback - 1998)
Used & New from: CDN$ 3.46