Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on July 18, 2002
After buying, reading and giving away many, many books on Irritable Bowel Syndrome, I was blessed to have found this one. No recipes in this one, this book makes clear the powerful correlation between IBS and anxiety, IBS and stress, IBS and depression, IBS and fear. After spending a week of increasingly severe pain accompanied by increased anxiety about the pain (or was it increasing pain about the anxiety?)and winding up in the local ER, I realized that I needed to help myself by calming myself. This book tells how. In compassionate, orderly chapters, Barbara Bolen teaches how to truly "break the bonds of IBS." Hooray for her! Hooray for all of us!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2000
As a clinical psychologist with over 20 years experience, I highly recommend Dr. Bolen's book. Dr. Bolen collates a great deal of research and general information about IBS, and then goes on to provide a number of effective, excellent techniques for managing the disorder, explained in a clear and straightforward manner. I am already using this book with several of my IBS patients and have found it to be of immense help.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse