5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Workbook
I read and used this workbook a few years ago... It really helped me to understand assertiveness. I have always been 'too nice' and whenever I stood up for myself I felt bad... this workbook helped me to learn the difference, and gave practical excercises to do in order to learn how to be assertive. I would highly recommend this book...
Published on Dec 5 2007 by Smitty

3.0 out of 5 stars A technical book
This is not an easy read like the book:
" How to win friends & influence people"
but is very worthwhile.

The final Chapters 11 to 16 are the best & can be read straight away & still understood.
I found that I had to keep re-reading certain sections just because of the great volume of
important examples it gave.
That is a bonus because...
Published 18 months ago by Robert

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Workbook, Dec 5 2007
This review is from: The Assertiveness Workbook: How to Express Your Ideas and Stand Up for Yourself at Work and in Relationships (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars A practical Book, Feb. 16 2001
By A Customer
This book was easy to read, easy to understand and very easy to apply immediately to life circumstances. I particularly found useful the chart of behaviors and the aspects of appearance very well written, vivid and clear. This book was full of accurate user friendly information that anyone would be able to apply in their lives whatever their circumstance or job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a keeper, March 22 2014
This is a great workbook format to fill in and work through.
I 'did the work' and it has already paid off. Communication is something to work on in every encounter.
It is not easy work, but it is rewarding.
I do not have a partner for some of the exercises, but I did stand in front of the mirror!
I didn't realize how much my body language revealed.
I took written notes and find it easier to remember if I write stuff down, and it's easier to review the major points instead of flipping through sections you already read.
My first confrontation with my boss went better than before. I was not as anxious and felt calm after it was over. Usually I put myself down for saying too much, or being a doormat and saying nothing at all. I didn't feel superior, and wasn't overpowered by the aggressive boss. It was easy to see his communication style and just let it be his problem, and not make it my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Answer even if you didn't know who you are, Aug. 5 2014
Kenneth (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
Answers many questions. Easy to use. Recommend it even as a thought provoking read.

3.0 out of 5 stars A technical book, March 23 2013
This is not an easy read like the book:
" How to win friends & influence people"
but is very worthwhile.

important examples it gave.
That is a bonus because it can be used to apply to any situations even if the person
you're speaking to is very vague or unwilling to change their viewpoint.
In other words it allows you to deal with failure.
e.g.
bottom of page 129 :
" Don't try to change their mind. You can't control what others think.
They have the right to their opinions - even if they are mistaken ...............
you can't force them to do so "

Knowing how difficult some people are to deal with is a hard but valuable lesson.
I think anyone - no matter how good their diplomatic skills -
could gain something from this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars not easy, Sept. 19 2009
My psychologist recommended that I use this book to help with my interpersonal skills. Although the book is easy to read and has lots of room for writing in your personal thoughts, it does require some professional guidance. I've made it to chapter 3 on my own and have skimmed ahead to glimpse at some of the other chapters, but until my psychologist is able to spend some time on this book with me, I'm at a bit of a standstill.

CDN$ 26.95 CDN$ 16.89