5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightenment, presented with elegant simplicity
Published on Aug. 26 2008 by David Wegenast

3.0 out of 5 stars Recommended only to those who want a message without beautiful language.
It was ok...there are a few gems in the book...but I felt like I was being lectured at. His writing is very conversational, not particularly engaging in an intellectual or literary way.
Published 7 months ago by joy winchell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightenment, presented with elegant simplicity, Aug. 26 2008
David Wegenast "Omanand" (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself (Paperback)
This book is remarkable in that it tackles the major questions of life (who am I? what is my purpose in life? what is spiritual reality?) in plain language and vivid examples, without getting enmired in complex philosophical, psychological or religious jargon. The book takes the form of a journey of inquiry, beginning with paying attention to the internal monologue or "voice inside your head", noticing how it distracts your consciousness from the reality of the present moment. From there, Singer explains the value of developing a sense of your self as the witness who can observe the actions of mind and emotions, without identifying with them. He goes on to explain how we can liberate our consciousness from suffering, attain true happiness, and what we can learn by contemplating death. I highly recommend this book for anyone with an interest in spiritual reality, regardless of their religious or philosophical affiliations, as the concepts are presented in a very universal manner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Put this book on your MUST READ list, May 29 2011
Amazon Customer (Tempe, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
If you are looking to make your life more meaningful, more joyous and more fulfilling then you are going to be richly rewarded when you read this book. If you are finding you're spending too much time 'slicing baloney' as I like to call needless conflict/egocentric positionality then you must read this book.

I have read dozens of books on 'spirituality' and felt before I started that I had a very good understanding of how 'it all works'. Michael Singer has written a book that distills it all down to simple, easy to understand concepts that each of us are intimately familiar with. You are going to wonder as you read this book if Michael has been reading your mind or somehow knows you inside and out.

And he will give you some great tips on how to integrate his concepts into your life quickly and painlessly so you live at higher and higher levels of consciousness and joy.

I have given this book to many friends and my adult children and recommended it to countless others. Every one of them has thanked me for sharing it with them. I hope you will too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Untethered Soul, Dec 6 2007
Tami Brady "Tami Brady: Transition-Empowermen... (Calgary, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)    (REAL NAME)
We all have a little voice inside our heads that constantly narrates all of the events of our lives. It rambles on about the events of the day. It reminds us that the person we are talking to is named Sue. It also makes sure that we remember every bad thing that Sue ever did to us and all the judgments we might have about our current conversation.

Often we get so used to this voice endlessly droning on that we aren't even consciously aware of what this voice is saying or how it subconsciously affects everything in our lives. Even when we do recognize the voice, we tend to automatically assume that it is telling us the truth. We don't realize that everything that this voice says is actually colored by our previous experiences, our fears, and our insecurities.

The Untethered Soul seeks to make us aware of that little voice. To gain an understanding of what that voice is saying and how it affects us in our choices and our view of the world. Essentially, how those views constrain our lives and limit our ability to love and be loved. Then, this book asks us to quiet that voice and open ourselves to the possibilities to a whole different way of thinking, feeling, and being.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing, Jan. 19 2011
Lauralie Webb (Errington, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
My partner was given this book and I picked it up one day. Since then I have given it to two friends for christmas and they in turn have bought copies for other people. I am not eloquent enough to describe what is unearthed as you read this book but it is a true gift to humanity. I will read it over and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soul Food, March 22 2009
This book is simply profound. Michael Singer's teaching around resisting and clinging and the implications for our availability to live vibrant fulfilled lives is the nourishment our souls need. I am rereading parts already and this one will be a party of my teaching/coaching in the years to come. This is the millennial version of the Road Less Traveled.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Nov. 18 2007
This is a seminal, breakthrough book. I found that reading it was enlightening and awakening in a way that very few books achieve, and I read about a book a day. For me, it's in the same category as Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now, in that it not only contains accurate information about liberating consciousness from its entanglements, but also delivers a TRANSMISSION OF PRESENCE.

Read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars best, Nov. 18 2013
C. Dulong (Toronto, ontario) - See all my reviews
i read this book twice and suggested it to like minded friends..they loved it too. it helps you rediscover yourself. not like any other boook i have read...helpedme through some tough times when i used his suggested practices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Sept. 29 2013
In every chapter I feel he was speaking directly to me because most of what he is saying I experienced. I will recommend this book to my family and friends

5.0 out of 5 stars wow.........a must read, Aug. 24 2013
If you only read one book, let this be it!! Praises to Michael Singer!! This book is so well written. He has taken a very
complicated subject and explained it with examples that the reader can really resonate with. I have read it several
times and also listened to the book on tape. His insights really can make this a better world to live in. Read it, apply it and find
yourself on the way to a happier, more peaceful life!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening!, April 15 2014
Our Cancer Thrivers are reading, absorbing, and sharing this as a Book Study. Take your time to really understand what Singer is teaching us. I will keep this book in my reference library!
L. Hicks

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb0010150)

The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself
The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael Singer (Paperback - Sept. 15 2007)
CDN$ 18.95 CDN$ 13.83