5.0 out of 5 stars Back to basics, April 16 2010
T. Holden - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Weight Management: A Step-by-Step Program (Paperback)
This book is great for those people who struggle with how to make the first step. everyone always says "it is a lifestyle change". well what does that mean? how do you take a step in the right direction to make that change? This work book is an easy guidline to show you your own distructive behaviour and helps you replace that with healthy alternatives. I much enjoy this book and hope there is a second one.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book!, Nov. 29 2010
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is the one process of change that has had the most research done to prove it's efficacy. The book offers a lot of help in changing your thoughts as well as addressing body image issues. It also offers different eating plans which I chose not to follow as I use weight watchers and am happy with that. My changing and attitudes have changed drastically in the past couple months and I HIGHLY recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, March 16 2013
So far the information is terrific to make up your own healthy lifestyle. It has a lot of work for you to do as well to make permanent changes.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are struggling with emotional eating - this is for you!, June 20 2015
Boy this is a really good workbook! It is helping me a lot to analyze why and when I am eating emotionally. It is also teaching me to make sure my daily food intake is balanced and healthy! It's not all about calories, it's also about the right calories (nutrition). I've been scared of eating pasta for the last 6 months, not wanting to "ruin" my achievement of losing 40 lbs. But now I am eating SENSIBLE portions with tomato sauce and even grated parmesan on top and it's ALL GOOD! It's part of learning to eat healthy and be happy with your new lifestyle.

I especially like the section that makes me create my own daily food plan and then the chapter about body image and improving my relationship with my own body.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will help to take the blame out of the game., Jan. 13 2014
Just started to read it and am already impressed. Very realistic expectations - based on scientific research. Will help to take the "blame" out of the game.

4.0 out of 5 stars ., May 7 2013
This was a book for my mom. It is very informative and helpful in making weekly menu's for weight loss and portion control.

The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Weight Management: A Step-by-Step Program