4.0 out of 5 stars Hardest Review to Write
As the title of my review suggests this is extremely difficult review for me to write, only because I'm not sure how to articulate my experiences with this deck and my feelings towards it -despite owning the deck for over a two months- but I will try my best.

Published 6 months ago by Doodlebug

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Playful
It is quite creative, but as a divination tool it lacks a serious and solemn mood. A couple of the cards are quite perverted.
Published 9 months ago by Vincent

4.0 out of 5 stars Hardest Review to Write, Jan. 4 2015

The box that the deck comes in is nothing special, just a little cardboard box. Most people will likely through this out and store the deck in something else (with the exception of hardcore collectors). The card dimensions a little longer and more narrow then most decks, and the card stock is of good quality.

The little white book that accompanies the deck is about 44 pages long and includes a spread and extra pages for notes. It briefly talks about the creation of the decks, and then gives a description, upright and reversed meaning for each card. As far as little white books go, this one is pretty good, and unlike some everything page is in English. Regardless if you're new to Tarot I would use an addition source for some of the meanings.

The artwork is beautiful, twisted, haunting, and loosely based of the Rider-Waite system. There is nothing soft or gentle about these images, so don't expect any readings you preform with this deck to be. At first I found the artwork to be very intimidating, and made my think about things and parts of myself that I didn't really want to face. For that reason I like it would be great for shadow working and other forms of meditation (if that's what you're into).

Despite how much I loved the look of the Deviant Moon Tarot, I had to spend I lot of time with the cards to get comfortable with them, because of how they effected me.

Overall, if you're into dark decks this is a must buy for you, but I would not recommend this for a beginner.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, Aug. 20 2010
This review is from: Deviant Moon Tarot Cards (Cards)
Great set visually beautiful. Came in a nice little box and instruction booklet and great looking cards. Also came with a spread mat for a 10 card reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and morbidly fascinating, May 6 2014
This review is from: Deviant Moon Tarot Cards (Cards)
I also have the Rider deck, but somehow, this one talks to me more than the latter.

It is rather dark and creepy, so it isn't for the fluffy bunnies out there. But is is beautiful under candle light, while meditating on what the cards are trying to say. They are very dynamic and expressive, the scenes are beautifully rendered and the characters are strangely attractive. The deck in general seems to be based on the Rider, so Rider users will not be so lost with this one (except for a few number switches)..

The cards are very briefly explained, so if you use this deck as a first deck, it might be useful to get a secondary book on Tarot such as Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom by Rachel Pollack.

The only downside is the card texture. I would've put a more resistant coating on it. But it seems to be holding well, and maybe it's just that I just prefer glossy finishes.

All in all, if you like the bizarre, and are fascinated by anything that does not conform to logic, you should appreciate this eerie pack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deck, March 31 2013
Marlee Brisebois "Book Crazed" (Verdun, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deviant Moon Tarot Cards (Cards)
I followed the artist when he started this project and when it finally came out I was not disappointed at all. They are simple gorgeous and I would have never guessed the cards were crafted from images he took of cemeteries and tombstones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, Jan. 26 2013
This review is from: Deviant Moon Tarot Cards (Cards)
I bought these as a gift for my brother, and he loves them. The art work looks amazing, and is just the right amount of creepy! The booklet is easy to understand, and he was able to start giving readings right away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep insight, March 31 2013
M. Grosjean (Montreal) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Deviant Moon Tarot Cards (Cards)
This deck is amazing, creative and still holding the dept of tarot.
The moon spread in the booklet I use again and again with surprising results.
Congratulation to this artist this work is fascinating.
at first it felt a little bit dark, but that is part of us too!
So I don't necessarily use it in front of people to not scare them, maybe I should!

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great deck!, Aug. 14 2014
A really great deck!!! I can be a little picky about my tarot decks and after seeing all the online reviews and pictures I thought I might like this deck but nothing could prepare me with how much I fell in love with this deck the artwork is stunning

5.0 out of 5 stars Fairly easy to read, Dec 20 2014
This review is from: Deviant Moon Tarot Cards (Cards)
These are really gorgeous cards!! Fairly easy to read, I am new at Tarot, takes practice, probably should've started with an easier set, but its worth it. Comes with a great little description book for each card as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great art, helps to bring people together, Dec 24 2014
Extremely high quality art. I bought it as a gift and they loved it. I would recommend it for anyone with a passing interest in tarot cards. It was used with a group of friends and they all had a great time.

5.0 out of 5 stars really like this art work!, July 30 2011
Jane Skinner (London, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deviant Moon Tarot Cards (Cards)
There are some kind of kinky and even a tad disturbing images throughout this deck which frankly I am into, so I love it. The artwork is outstanding. As I have stated before, I prefer Rider-Waite for readings, so I purchased this deck specifically to collect. Many of the images would make great tattoos and I have mentioned this to my tattoo artist, so perhaps another use there.

Deviant Moon Tarot Cards
Deviant Moon Tarot Cards by Patrick Valenza (Cards - Dec 1 2007)
CDN$ 30.28 CDN$ 28.92